Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is a pen though, he uses his hand to push the ball clear ... however Liverpool fully deserved the win regardless 

Never in a million years and if that was at the other end youd be screaming blue murder.  His arm is by his side and deflects to it, at no point did he push the ball clear.

I wish it was a clear incident as a pen was about our best chance of scoring tonight sadly!

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Our midfield is too easily overrun because we lack a physical presence and your never going to get that form Tielemans or Maddison. Even on the ball Tielemans looked lost today and Maddison was pretty much a passenger all game. I just wonder is he still having trouble with his long term injury.

But the Manger sets the tone for the performance and I just feel the players weren't in the right frame of mind from the off.

Then when things don't go well they struggle. Having said you you can't take anything away from Liverpool's performance, They were well up for it were we lacked belief from the start. We need another Window or 2 to bridge that gap and add the right players.

I'm not sure there's too much merit in criticising Tielemans, Maddison, etc too much. They are quite simply playing against better players and if they turn up and are in the mood pretty much every oher midfield 3 in the league will struggle against them.

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Never in a million years and if that was at the other end youd be screaming blue murder.  His arm is by his side and deflects to it, at no point did he push the ball clear.

I wish it was a clear incident as a pen was about our best chance of scoring tonight sadly!

Well we have had penalties against us for a lot less...

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well we have had penalties against us for a lot less...

ALOT less ..... watching the penalties given this last few games this was as cast iron a penalty as there is. He moved his hand towards a slow moving ball - it wasn't even going to hit his hand until he moved it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Our midfield is too easily overrun because we lack a physical presence and your never going to get that form Tielemans or Maddison. Even on the ball Tielemans looked lost today and Maddison was pretty much a passenger all game. I just wonder is he still having trouble with his long term injury.

But the Manger sets the tone for the performance and I just feel the players weren't in the right frame of mind from the off.

Then when things don't go well they struggle. Having said you you can't take anything away from Liverpool's performance, They were well up for it were we lacked belief from the start. We need another Window or 2 to bridge that gap and add the right players.

I don't think today was anything about physical presence. Liverpool, off the ball, pressed centrally which is where Mendy & Tielemans & Maddison flourish. They won the ball back as a result. If teams want to capitalise against us then that is one efficient way of doing it. In some games this season we've played teams off the park because the midfield have succeeded in quick passing and quick 1-2s as we move up the pitch. Today that couldn't be done because you had a combination of Jones, Keita, Wijnaldum all pressing in the right areas, and at times one of their front 3 would help out too. 

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nice post and well described. 

It's an old cliché, but you learn more from losing than winning. Again, manager and players will - in a way - look forward to deconstructing what went wrong and how to address those failings. 

We'll end up a better team for tonight's humbling experience.

Better how?

Dont score own goals and dont make defensive errors of judgement?

Dont set up defensively against a team who can shred you to pieces on the counter?

The number of times we've employed tonights tactics we were bound to get fuched over at some stage, least of all by the best team in the league.

Yes experience will be useful but the best players in the world will still make errors like we did tonight.

Just a bad day at the office....

Well actually if you discount the illegal goals and count the legal goals we should have scored, then we won.

WE WON BY A LOT

But seriously, disappointing , but I'm still feeling positive about having a good season

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm not sure there's too much merit in criticising Tielemans, Maddison, etc too much. They are quite simply playing against better players and if they turn up and are in the mood pretty much every oher midfield 3 in the league will struggle against them.

I'm not sure they have better players all over the park. That does them a disservice. Williams (whoever he is), Keita aren't better than our players. 

The Klopp system is extraordinary. It's as if they have 13 players. To think they were missing TAA, Thiago, Salah, VVD is incredible, regardless of the fuss that's been made about it