Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think praet is better than madders 

i don’t think under has shown he is a starter 

I would worry about cags and fof together as both are a bit impulsive and good players will get past them like firmino and mane did to wes this evening 

Praet’s all round game is better than Maddison’s IMO. Maddison is somewhat a luxury player, I’d start him against bottom half teams but not the likes of Liverpool. 

I agree on Cags and Fofana but Evans has been pretty poor for best part of a year now, doesn’t deserve his place arguably. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Well im sorry that my opinion has hurt your feelings.

But 

Thats my opinion if I don't think certain players turned up today I can give them what I want.

I dont agree with half the shite you spout but I have the ability to ignore your crap, maybe if your feelings are hurt from my opinion you should do the same with my post/opinion

Lol - I don't think it's my feelings that are hurt.

Terribly sorry for offering an opinion on your opinion - I didn't realise that wasn't allowed.

P.S. Please find the 'shite I spout' and make a constructive response if you can. I'm all ears.

Kasper was a phukn trooper for us tonight.

I don't understand why our boys didn't pounce on any attack. If you press quickly on oppo players, 7 times out of ten they make a mistake and hoof out.

We didn't press their players AT ALL tonight.

Stop the attacks on Albrighton.

A player who came here on a free ffs, and helped us to a title.

Privileged little s...s.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think in Rodgers defence we have shown precious little evidence of ever really taking it to the top teams home or away and we were demanding some sort of change in approach. This season we have executed it almost perfectly away from home and I fully understand how we went in to tonight's game. Yet we defended abysmally first half and had little zest and effective play going forward bar Justin so it was pretty obvious we needed to throw something else at them from the off 2nd half and he couldn't be arsed. Furious.

To some extent I agree, but you are talking about a team that beat man city 5-2 recently, as well as other good teams. Last season I would say this was the case, but expected a little more tonight. Thought praet should have started but we otherwise thought the starting line up was ok, but was painfully obvious something needed changing at half time. One way traffic. We got spanked tonight but I still think we have players that can compete against anyone. 

Just not with Liverpool 

3 minutes ago, Aesc said:

Imagine how much worse that could have been if we had an injury crisis like those poor souls at Liverpool. I can't imagine what it must be like to have an injury crisis and have multiple players injured and actually have to delve into an expensively assembled squad of players to make it through the injury crisis.

What's this about an injury crisis? first I've heard of it.

• Haha 1

We obligingly took our thumping.

They identified that dropping Firmino deep could draw out our defence and then they ran riot out wide with Mane, Jota and Robertson.

Our central midfielders weren't good enough in possession to take the sting out of the game, nor out of possession to disrupt their ability to play their wide players in at will. Praet should have started over Maddison.

Justin and Kasper the only players to emerge with credit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Is this our best side with everyone fit? 

Schmeichel 

Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Pereira 

Praet, Ndidi, Tielemans 

Barnes, Vardy, Under

I’m not a fan of this 5 at the back malarkey.

I had been a fan but the 3 centre backs looked very distanced tonight  we were all over the place at the back compared to previous games playing like that

Outclassed and out fought. They just swamped the midfield and even with us attempting to sit back, they had so much space to run into, especially down the wings. Lost so many 50/50s especially in that first half.

The one good thing is we’re still up there in the table with Castagne and Ricardo to come back in. It was a class too much for Albeighton in that position. Fair play to Justin though. Was our best player.

Word on Barnes too. Yeah, the finishing is frustrating but we created absolutely nothing without him. 

Liverpool seem to save their very best for us, I guess because of the position we’re in. Think the best way to play against them would be to stick a big man up top and just launch long balls to them and get players up to feed off the scraps but we’re never going to do that. They’re going to win the league by a canter.

Just now, Ashley said:

We played a different system than we previously have at Arsenal and Man City, Leeds or what ever too.

Fofana was blatantly told to stay on Mane and almost was playing as a right back when we had possession. 

@StriderHiryu do your thing bud x

He didn't stay on Mane very well. Clearly Liverpool saw the space he could exploit with pulling Albrighton out on to Robertson. 

I think a bit of perspective is needed, at the start of this 4 game run we where expecting about 6/7 points we got 9.

Yes today was poor and disappointing, we deserved nothing but Barnes did have a great chance at 1-0 could have given us a little confidence but as many have said 3-0 flattered us.

A few payers looking for a day off Thursday night will be disappointed.

Hopefully Castagne, Riccy and Wif are back soon.

COYF :scarf:

Edited by smitha

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

We played a different system than we previously have at Arsenal and Man City, Leeds or what ever too.

Fofana was blatantly told to stay on Mane and almost was playing as a right back when we had possession. 

@StriderHiryu do your thing bud x

Yeah was similar to Spurs last season in the sense at times they made us look 3-5-2

1 minute ago, Dandy king said:

To some extent I agree, but you are talking about a team that beat man city 5-2 recently, as well as other good teams. Last season I would say this was the case, but expected a little more tonight. Thought praet should have started but we otherwise thought the starting line up was ok, but was painfully obvious something needed changing at half time. One way traffic. We got spanked tonight but I still think we have players that can compete against anyone. 

Just not with Liverpool 

But we beat Man City, Arsenal, Leeds and Wolves all by playing exactly how we set up tonight?

Simply outplayed, and the cracks exposed, Fofana looked 19, Fuchs 34, Evans had one of his occasional poor games, Albrighton isn't really a wing back, and Liverpool evidently worked out if you stop Tielemans you stop the supply line to the front. Justin though as others have said showed how much he has developed. But just like season showed any idea we are top two material is wishful thinking. Top six on a good day. Which this wasn't. Move on and be happy we got six points from Man City and Arsenal away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I wonder how we could test that idea? 

Ha yeh fair point. Although as I said in my other posts, we have beaten alot of good teams recently, so whilst I don't necessarily expect us to smash Liverpool, I dont think I'm naive to expect us to give them more of a game than that shit show 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Lol - I don't think it's my feelings that are hurt.

Terribly sorry for offering an opinion on your opinion - I didn't realise that wasn't allowed.

P.S. Please find the 'shite I spout' and make a constructive response if you can. I'm all ears.

Please see above 👆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Outclassed and out fought. They just swamped the midfield and even with us attempting to sit back, they had so much space to run into, especially down the wings. Lost so many 50/50s especially in that first half.

The one good thing is we’re still up there in the table with Castagne and Ricardo to come back in. It was a class too much for Albeighton in that position. Fair play to Justin though. Was our best player.

Word on Barnes too. Yeah, the finishing is frustrating but we created absolutely nothing without him. 

Liverpool seem to save their very best for us, I guess because of the position we’re in. Think the best way to play against them would be to stick a big man up top and just launch long balls to them and get players up to feed off the scraps but we’re never going to do that. They’re going to win the league by a canter.

I heard on their radio that they said it was the best they played since they beat us 4-0 at the King Power. I would like us to at least have given it a go tonight. 

• Like 2

I think we really struggle when teams press us hard in the middle of the park. Liverpool have done it to us, Man City did the same when they hammered us.  We need a huge unit up top that can hold the ball under extreme pressure, so we can bypass the midfield and negate that press that we have no answer to.  Very easy day at the office for Liverpool again..Very frustrating.

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Not as good as Lee Cattermole or Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is he Col ;) 

Fvck knows why you pick him out above others, the majority were shit today, Mendy and Maddison were just as bad as Tielemans in that midfield.

It’s clear why I pick him out

He’s meant to be real quality isn’t he, yet he does it time and time again.. looks fookin rank against a quicker, stronger midfield

Its frustrating to watch a clearly gifted player seemingly give in so easily