Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Post match thread 2-1 win

Got away with one really, not that it was a bad performance, there was just no urgency to win the game. We were patient, and Rodgers will say he knew a chance would come and we'd take it. I guess we did, but we all know we can't keep doing that. We know if Maddison and Vardy get it right, we'll be in but we need to do it more. 

Always in control, some tidy performances without anyone being outstanding. 

Was anyone else nervous about offside after he'd chopped the corner flag in half?

Oh god, how good does a win feel. This style though, it’s hard to love. Appreciate that part of it is dictated by the opposition set up but we need to be quicker and ****ing improve our set plays. A wins a win and much needed. Madders was off it today but lovely ball through and Jamie Vardy - king.

Just now, Danny Clender said:

I'm genuinely disappointed for the wonderful posters that predicted us to lose.

What a sorry state of mind so many are in to be unable to enjoy the game, get help, seriously, open up and work through your problems. 

This season is exceptional. 

Can tell that there are posters who are disappointed we have won that so they can't come on here and drop page long essays about how crap we are

• Like 4

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Lolz. 

Haha I love you Rumble and feel free to laugh at me my man. We played a team with no confidence and 1 point from 9 games. 

It's taken a last minute winner to beat a team that could barely string 2 passes together. We continue playing like we did in the last 2 league games and we will drop a lot of points

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Takes off our 2 best performers to ‘get minutes in someone’s legs and for a contest winner. 

shocking management. Lucky he had someone in the side just dying to two foot a corner flag 

Wilf was badly needed for set pieces and long balls. Having the ability to screen McBurnie was useful 

8 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Really? We were by far the better team. Are you ever happy?

Up until the last 5 matches yes.

Obviously you'd not pick up on that though.

We may have been the better team, does that mean we weren't anything other than dire?

Negative football.

But if you wanna paper over the cracks I talk about so be it. :thumbup:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I'm genuinely disappointed for the wonderful posters that predicted us to lose.

What a sorry state of mind so many are in to be unable to enjoy the game, get help, seriously, open up and work through your problems. 

This season is exceptional. 

I'm glad I lost my £10 win bet on Sheffield United!!!