Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Post match thread 2-1 win

We didn't get desperate second half, that was a positive. We kept the ball rather chucking it in all the time. 

I don't think you can complain with Rodgers subs today, other than not making another one. Ndidi made sense, and Iheanacho did well on the whole. Decided it wasn't a day for wingers. 

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I didn't see it all, and that isn't the point I was making anyway. It means that a percentage of posters will ALWAYS find the most negative slant on any situation, regardless of result, league position, overall 'bigger picture' (apologies for the cliche) and so forth.

Some spoilt kids just scream for more sweets to be shoved in their mouth - sadly, nothing is ever good enough for them. 

I'm bored of having to say it - constructive criticism, fine. It's the auto-misery of some that wears me down.

So just ignore it, it's not your job to police the forum. You're just as bad tbh. You didnt even watch the game and you're policing peoples reactions ffs.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Evans, Mendy and Perez our best players today. Fuchs showed his age and being asked to play every game. Albrighton works hard but doesn't offer much going forward. Maddison awful. Vardy poor until his goal. Tielemans mixed bag. Justin continues to impress. Subs very odd.

Fuch is better as a left back in a four. He's better when he can push on and overlap.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Up until the last 5 matches yes.

Obviously you'd not pick up on that though.

We may have been the better team, does that mean we weren't anything other than dire?

Negative football.

But if you wanna paper over the cracks I talk about so be it. :thumbup:

:yawn:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

4,000 mile round trip to Ukraine.

Controlled the game v Sheff U.

Switched off once for their goal.

Hit the post twice.

Deserved to win it.

Dramatic last minute winner.

Top 4 in table and already qualified from UEL group, despite missing a stack of key players for most of the season.

CHEER UP FOR FOOK SAKE !!!!!! :scarf:

Good point ,to many on here are so negative 

Should have been out of sight by half time

The defence is all over the place.  We desperately need to get our regulars back.  Of those who started today, you could say that only Evans would be a starter.  Fofana is young & it's showing.  We thought we had bought a ready made Beckenbauer but it's clear he still has a lot of learning to do.

Had we not fluffed our lines against Fulham, this team/manager would be clear at the top, after almost a third of the season. But does anyone really think this is the best squad in the league? I’d say we are punching above our weight...... and I love it ! Just enjoy the win and worry about the defeat when/if it comes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We dominated the ball, and made good passes and movement throughout. Dictating play and minus 2 or 3 moments, we weren't troubled. 

But, we went with large spells of sidewards passing and we didn't create many clear cut chances. That is something we need to change, hopefully once Timmy and Ricardo come back, we'll improve on that front. 

I will say we were unlucky, hitting the post twice and with the officials. 

Perez was significantly better, picking up good positions and looking dangerous with and without the ball. 

And huge plaudits to Justin, was solid up and down the line all game. Just needs to improve his finishing and touches in the opposition box.

• Like 1

Just now, ealingfox said:

So just ignore it, it's not your job to police the forum. You're just as bad tbh. You didnt even watch the game and you're policing peoples reactions ffs.

It's quite something that you have to use an emotive word like 'policing' the forum. I watched SOME of the game, and I'm not sure which hill you're defending here - why not just take your own advice and ignore me, after all it wasn't aimed at you.

Peeople can say what they want, but my opinion is just as valid as any other. 

• Like 1