Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (A) pre match

I could see us winning this yet could also see us getting absolutely mullered. It depends which Leicester City turns up - we have to have N’didi in the midfield and I would also 100% have Thomas starting. I’d drop Maddison for Perez (shocked at myself saying that) and play Under and Barnes.

30 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I would love to see us start this team - it makes sense - are you listening Brendan?

Really like that Team, but would start Under over Perez, he is more of a threat and has more pace. However Perez to come on second half if needs be.

It's nice going into a game with absolutely no hope of a result. The only thing I don't want to see are players in advances positions pointing for a player to take the easy pass because they don't have the balls to take some responsibility and get into a position to recieve the ball and make something happen.

It’s a free hit really. Just go and play. Think most of us are expecting capitulation, genius by Jose (clothing line, or smell of the toilet?), and an absolute mullering. So no pressure. 

Just FACKING win it already you lightweight, gutless bunch of overpaid ponces. Just saying. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hope Brendan springs a tactical surprise for this one. Can see Mourinho getting Tottenham to sit back as usual forcing us play predictable tippy tappy football. We get out of position, lose possession and bang, bang, bang. Would like to see us outsmart Mourinho and not blink first. 0-0 as a target would be fine.

Edited by l444ry

12 hours ago, kingfox said:

Will be very interesting to see how we approach this game, in big games like this, we’ve sat back and looked to hit teams on the counter, yet that is exactly what Spurs have been doing to teams.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go three at the back, but we did that against them last season and got smoked; however this time around we don’t have Ryan Bennett. 

Can see it being the same team that we played against Brighton, will probably start as a 3-4-3, then he’ll probably change it mid match.

. as you have said a difficult decision!!!

The pragmatic Mourinho will gave done his homework on us.

We can't play a high line, with Kane and Son upfront and to prevent too big a space between the wing backs and CBs  in a 3-4-3 we would have to sit deep. The onus is for them to come forward and we will have to play on the counter.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

We'll dick them 0-1 with a corner, we'll just get everyone to push the markers out of the way a la Liverpool to leave Mendy with a glorious free leaping header.

Lost all hope of getting anything from the next two games after the  performance of last night.

Thank god where not the only ones have a up and down season.

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We'll go back to 361, they'll go full Mourinho and we'll both spend 90 minutes passing it to each other trying to make the other attack.

Will be absolutely dull af. 

I can honestly see neither team getting out of their own half. Won't stop Kane scoring though.

No choice but to park the bus... We cant compete with them toe to toe, especially in our current state. I would adopt an ultra defensive back three, and just see if we can somehow counter. No room for Brendan's "clever" thinking here, we don't have the players capable of hurting spurs and absolutely have to focus on stopping Son and Kane. 

So I would pray that Timmy is fit, and potentially Cags and go with this.

Kasper

Fofana     Evans     Cags

JJ                                                     Timmy

Ndidi            Youri

Praet

Vardy                  Barnes

If we don't have those players available then, the Christmas tree........

Kasper 

Fofana    Evans     Wes 

JJ                       Ndidi               Thomas

Praet                          Youri 

Maddison 

Vardy 

Just check these out Brendan and then give me a shout yea? (Football manager 2006/7 took Oldham to a CL semi final) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

No choice but to park the bus... We cant compete with them toe to toe, especially in our current state. I would adopt an ultra defensive back three, and just see if we can somehow counter. No room for Brendan's "clever" thinking here, we don't have the players capable of hurting spurs and absolutely have to focus on stopping Son and Kane. 

So I would pray that Timmy is fit, and potentially Cags and go with this.

Kasper

Fofana     Evans     Cags

JJ                                                     Timmy

Ndidi            Youri

Praet

Vardy                  Barnes

If we don't have those players available then, the Christmas tree........

Kasper 

Fofana    Evans     Wes 

JJ                       Ndidi               Thomas

Praet                          Youri 

Maddison 

Vardy 

Just check these out Brendan and then give me a shout yea? (Football manager 2006/7 took Oldham to a CL semi final) 

Only a semi final? Disappointing.

Going to be furious if we lose to goals on the counter attack here, because everyone can see a mile off that's what will happen if we play our usual style.

On the other hand, they will probably score from set pieces so we are ****ed either way.

Can't see past a heavy defeat

• Sad 1