Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (A) pre match

3 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

how were they effective, e.g.  Everton scored 2 with Fofana and Ndidi playing CBs right? and they didn't score for us in set pieces either ... 

..sometime when you concede it is down to individual errors and does not necessarily reflects on the other members within that department!!!

Perez's introduction energised our play, regarding movement and enterprise upfront. Ndidi filled in well in the CB position and had DCL in his pocket (probably resulting in him being subbed later on). Fofana gave good support in defense and we may have conceded  two goals, but not as overrun as I thought it might have been.

Spurs are definitely beatable !! Son & Kane are very good even though I think Son makes Kane look better than he is. They do tend to sit back and defend a lead  & their D has the odd brain fart. I personally don't think Dier is very good but obviously Jose & Gareth disagree. 

We can win this but player selection & game management will be critical.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

probably going to be worse than against Everton ... the other teams are spotting all the weaknesses we have ...  the only hope we have is that we may be able to score more in case our offence (Vardy, Barnes, Maddison, Under, Perez, Nacho ...  ) has a really good day  ... until the injury list is smaller we may hang on for each point we can get, which I suspect won't be much the nex weeks. 

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..sometime when you concede it is down to individual errors and does not necessarily reflects on the other members within that department!!!

Perez's introduction energised our play, regarding movement and enterprise upfront. Ndidi filled in well in the CB position and had DCL in his pocket (probably resulting in him being subbed later on). Fofana gave good support in defense and we may have conceded  two goals, but not as overrun as I thought it might have been.

Not for me, we were poor, you could possibly put forward an argument for conceding most goals down to an individual error, ie any player giving the ball away to the opposition possibly. Sometimes for me in post match interviews it's managerial cop-out rather than admitting that their teams played poorly. 

Yes, Ndidi did fine at centre half, I think he'd do well in most positions but, by sticking our best and most combative midfielder there, Rodgers gave an open invite for the Everton midfielder to wander through our with ease. Sticking an ageing overplayed Fuchs at left back ensured that Barnes got no assistance when you compare the understanding struck up between Thomas and Barnes against AEK.  I understand his reasoning behind doing it but yet again this over cautious and unambitious approach for me, yet again led to a very poor uninspiring display. Once two nil up or even arguably one nil up, Everton were hardly busting a gut to score again, they didn't need to. We can always harp on about missed opportunities but so can all oppositions. We were crap and fully deserved to lose. There were other viable options. Poor substitutions yet again but in fairness, they were hampered by a poor disfunctional original line-up. 

Spurs want to counter attack. Interesting to see whether Brendan takes the game to them or says come on your the home team and looks to play counter himself.

Personally I’d keep the back 4 with Ndidi in midfield as we actually look more defensively sound in that shape. 

Kasper

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Praet

Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

We’ll set up like we did against Man City away in terms of shape. With Spuds also sitting back the ball might just trickle around on its own near the half way line. 

however I think Jose will out think Brendan, the team will capitulate again and a battering will occur. Mind you, as my wife often points out, I’ve been wrong once before. 

38 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We’ll set up like we did against Man City away in terms of shape. With Spuds also sitting back the ball might just trickle around on its own near the half way line. 

however I think Jose will out think Brendan, the team will capitulate again and a battering will occur. Mind you, as my wife often points out, I’ve been wrong once before. 

Spurs know they can sit back, let us sit back and then pinch a goal from a set piece instead. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Spurs want to counter attack. Interesting to see whether Brendan takes the game to them or says come on your the home team and looks to play counter himself.

Personally I’d keep the back 4 with Ndidi in midfield as we actually look more defensively sound in that shape. 

Kasper

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Praet

Barnes

Vardy

This is the one for me I think. Gives us the option to sit in and play them on the break too and Praet gives us more bite in the middle than we get from Madders. If we’re still in it with 30 to go then bring him on to exploit the space. 

Here's one for you then, a bit of a realistic view... I think we'll probably lose against Spurs, not because we're sh*t, not because we lack a back bone or Brendan is at fault or the team doesn't try hard enough or anything like that but just because I think they're a bit better than us at the minute and that sometimes happens. We are capable of beating them & I'd be delighted if we did but I don't think I'll be calling for anybody's head if we lose... 

Just to clarify... I want us to win very very very badly but I think they'll have too much for us, I think a lot of people forget that you can have those two views at the same time

• Like 2

11 hours ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps Kane might catch foot and mouth and have to self isolate for a couple of weeks.

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

He speaks like he’s already got his foot in his mouth. 

1dmu56.jpg

• Like 1

The ironic thing about this game is go back a few years to 15/16. Who would have thought they’d be appreciating counter attacking football & we’d be wanking ourselves silly over possession stats. Role reversal.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Praet

Barnes

Vardy

I think it will be this except for 1 change that being Under for Maddison. 
I think Praet gets the nod also over Under as more hard working in the defensive facet but having Under on the bench is a great option to have and allows us to have both attacking, with his unpredictable manner, along with Perez and Nacho and the defensive decks from the bench, Mendy and Thomas (hopefully) not Fuchs.

I haven't written to Santa for 40 years so here goes:

Dear Santa please make Leicester City smash Totenham on Sunday, and for Gods sake give Cengiz Under 90 mins please!! I promise I wont write another letter ever again, and wash all the dishes on Christmas day on my own, if this happens yours faithfully Fearless Foxes Fan!

• Like 2

Having just watched the Everton game back in the cold light of day we weren't that bad, the first goal no system can stop individual errors, Fuchs slip, Justin letting the player cut in and Schmeichel would have wanted to do better. How many times would you expect a player to score from that position.

We had defended set peices pretty well up to that corner and were a bit unlucky given Schmeichel's 2 blocks.

The first 15 minutes we were good and moved the ball around well, we didn't create enough but probably more than Everton did.

I think just a couple of things could have made a massive difference, we started with Barnes and Under, but didn't get the ball up to them enough and not quick enough. Barnes also is much better with a defender that will get up with him. Ndidi has to be in midfield, we look so much better in defence with him in front of them and he gives Teilemans and Maddison the freedom to play. That instanly makes us more creative. Evans in a back 4 with Thomas or Castagne on the left. Playing Fuchs in a back 5 will play straight to their strenghs, but unfortunatly I think thats exactly what we'll do probably with Albrighton coming in and abandoning Barnes and Under.

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

I haven't written to Santa for 40 years so here goes:

Dear Santa please make Leicester City smash Totenham on Sunday, and for Gods sake give Cengiz Under 90 mins please!! I promise I wont write another letter ever again, and wash all the dishes on Christmas day on my own, if this happens yours faithfully Fearless Foxes Fan!

PS: If you could help us with a win against Man Utd Boxing Day I promise to surrender the Remote control to my Wife for the rest of the Christmas Holidays!

Can quite easily seeing them get 4 or 5.  
They're a much better side than Arsenal ... and we got 3 pens v Man City (who are also off this year) so even with that game plan, I can't imagine we'll get anything.  
But it will be nice to see Castagne back in the mix.