Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Crystal Palace (A) - Match Thread

Just now, Manini said:

At what minute are we saying palace will score then? I’ll go 83rd minute, leaving just enough time for us to completely shit bricks and finally bring Vardy on to try and rescue something. 

Do it at half time Brendan don’t let this get away from us! 

I was thinking 83rd minute but can't decide between Zaha, Benteke or Schlupp.

Either way, 83 is the boy.

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Sucker punch incoming. And we won’t be able to break them down if they get ahead. 
iheanacho just isn’t up to it 

Nachos is better as part of a two upfront. He likes to play one twos. He needs either Barnes or Perez to play more centrally near him.

c0QlWTp.png

Totally dominating the game, just a shame we have nothing to show for it. 

Been impressed by Thomas, Mendy and Big Dan Amartey! Our forwards our lacking quality at the moment, not just for the penalty, but Praet blasted over, Nacho had another glancing header, etc.

0-0 would be so frustrating given how the match has gone. Might be another game for 30 minutes of Vardy time?

We're so much better than them and it shows. As long as they don't snatch one on the counter, we'll score eventually and win.

I know it must be hard for Kelechi to come in to the starting 11 with limited game time, but Jesus that half was poor from him. Penalty aside (which was awful by the way), if he's not able to take headed chances like that one, he shouldn't be playing. His primary function as the lone striker is to tuck away those chances. Pretty criminal, really.

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Nobody we want to sign will be happy to be 2nd fiddle to Vardy tho. 

Perhaps, but people also know Vardy isnt getting any younger. I have confidence that we would find a balance thats better then what we currently have in nacho.

Very pretty performance but not very effective.  This is similar to the love-in yesterday that Liverpool got for all their passes complete.  Great, 2 shots on target and one was that penalty.

Palace have been abysmal and we need to capitalise on this.  We don't play until Sunday so put more creative players on in the middle to give the forwards a chance as nothing is being created centrally.

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Have you ever considered a career as a motivational speaker, Babs? 😉

Imagine if Rodgers shouted "You're shit!" when Kelechi had that saved. Bet that would have seen his confidence soar!

I can assure you Iheanacho can’t hear me typing out criticism to a shit penalty.

He may have heard the collective groan from the shire as we all saw him step up though.

• Haha 3