Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rodgers: warns players not to seek validation for performances on social media

Perez is engaged with his social media and has been getting an unnecessary amount of abuse. 

social media brings out the worst in people 

even looking at random LCFC posts during transfer windows has a bunch of rude dickheads saying "announce x" on posts that have nothing to do with transfers.

really negative feedback loops of people having a go at each other

Players reading this please beware. We foxestalk folk know more than the manager more than the coaches , more than the people in charge of recruitment because we know who should be bought and sold not them. We know more than the agents and representatives of the club that decide salaries and contracts, it is us that fix your contracts and decide when we want you gone.

Play shit one game and your days are numbered, beware the power of foxestalk. Youth teams dont even go there we know who is progressing day to day and more importantly we have experts in this field who know 100% who is ready to step up @Ric Flairtake a bow 

we know everything

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Well said, Brendan.

Life, let alone football, is about taking the rough with the smooth. And dealing with it.

Too many people feel entitled to an easy ride these days - and whimper and moan about being ‘hurt’, ‘offended’ or even ‘abused’ at the slightest hint of criticism.

On this forum I imagine everyone wants Leicester to do well - which in some cases, in terms of supporting the club and the team as a whole, means calling out and criticising individual players if they give substandard performances (as well of course as showering excellent displays with praise). If it was all a protective, cheerleading love-in for everyone concerned, with no negativity allowed, Foxes Talk would be a boring waste of time.

If players, or even the manager, come on here - and, let’s be honest, why wouldn’t they want to see what the fans think? - then they have to be able to take the rough with the smooth.

I don't disagree with you on principle but in the case of football social media "the rough" basically amounts to insults, baseless character assassinations and racism. I don't think that's the sort of thing they should have to put up with and to say "well if you don't want to get abused, don't go on social media" is looking at it the wrong way imo.

There's obviously nothing particularly wrong with criticising our players but a lot of the stuff we see on here doesn't fall under the category of constructive criticism that comes from a place of support. "Perez was disappointing today and has been for a few games, I'd like to see Under get a start to see what he can do" - fair enough, I don't think anybody is really going to have too many complaints about that. "Perez is shit and a pathetic waste of space" - that's a little harder to justify. In the same way you say people these days feel entitled to an easy ride, a lot of people think they're well within their rights to abuse footballers and other people in the public eye because they're rich, they're famous and getting sent abuse and death threats for doing what is a fairly unimportant job is just part of life's rich tapestry, innit? 

I can think of one key reason why they wouldn't want to see what our fans think - loads of us are thick as pig shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Players reading this please beware. We foxestalk folk know more than the manager more than the coaches , more than the people in charge of recruitment because we know who should be bought and sold not them. We know more than the agents and representatives of the club that decide salaries and contracts, it is us that fix your contracts and decide when we want you gone.

Play shit one game and your days are numbered, beware the power of foxestalk. Youth teams dont even go there we know who is progressing day to day and more importantly we have experts in this field who know 100% who is ready to step up @Ric Flairtake a bow 

we know everything

No worries mate, I'll keep up the good work.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Guest said:

I don't disagree with you on principle but in the case of football social media "the rough" basically amounts to insults, baseless character assassinations and racism. I don't think that's the sort of thing they should have to put up with and to say "well if you don't want to get abused, don't go on social media" is looking at it the wrong way imo.

There's obviously nothing particularly wrong with criticising our players but a lot of the stuff we see on here doesn't fall under the category of constructive criticism that comes from a place of support. "Perez was disappointing today and has been for a few games, I'd like to see Under get a start to see what he can do" - fair enough, I don't think anybody is really going to have too many complaints about that. "Perez is shit and a pathetic waste of space" - that's a little harder to justify. In the same way you say people these days feel entitled to an easy ride, a lot of people think they're well within their rights to abuse footballers and other people in the public eye because they're rich, they're famous and getting sent abuse and death threats for doing what is a fairly unimportant job is just part of life's rich tapestry, innit? 

I can think of one key reason why they wouldn't want to see what our fans think - loads of us are thick as pig shit.

Yep, I agree with all of that - excellent stuff. Thanks for adding to what I said.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Does anyone remember maybe about 12 years a go or so a player was being Interviewed at home (I'm thinking Andy King but I might be wrong) and on one of the photos you could clearly see FT on the screen in the background... 

Wasn't it Joey Gudjonsson (sp?)?

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fans use football to vent everyday frustrations.

Had a bad day? Go call a player shit. Feel better about yourself.

Feel better about yourself by degrading others—a nasty yet common part of nature.

Thats Why it Carries on..People Thinking its normal & therefore acceptable....Pathetic..!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

we know everything

Shouldn't we be earning a bit more out of this, thats a great cv we've got. 😁

I think there is a world of difference between criticism and abuse and for better or worse Premier League football is a huge goldfish bowl.  That said, in the spirit of a kinder Foxes Talk, I resolve to stay away from the Ayoze Perez thread.

Mind you, I tell myself that every week anyway.

12 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Accountability. If people are allowed anonymity on their platforms, they'll continue to abuse the privilege. 

Don't see why this need continue. If people had to identify themselves, or their identity was public knowledge, they'd necessarily give more thought to what they said. 

215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

• Like 4

Social media needs better policing. 

It’s all good for allowing freedom of speech, however to direct racist, homophobic and outright abuse at someone is totally uncalled for. 

Until the social media outlets take a stance against this though, coupled with stronger actions by countries law enforcement, it will continue. 

I’m surprised the Premier League haven’t taken a bolder stance on it and gone total blackout. 

Also, is it that hard for something like Twitter to setup a filter that automatically flags key words, blocks certain posts etc.

19 hours ago, goose2010 said:

The amount of abuse some Leicester fans are giving him on Twitter is truly shocking and massively out of order. If anyone from here is one of them they seriously need to take a look in the mirror at themselves. 

Imagine having an average day at work and you put a tweet out to be hit with 100's of abusive messages! At the end of the day they are all human and imagine it hits them quite hard. 

Agree with this as somebody who doesn't really rate him. It can't help to directly abuse the bloke.

• Like 1

I wonder if in these strange times whether some footballers are seeking the cheers they would have otherwise got from crowds, through social media (and therefore might be be suffering from the boos a little more harshly). For example, I think - gifted though he is - Vardy might have been missing from a lack of fans in the stadiums. Particularly away fans.