Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Slavia Prague (2nd Leg) - Match Thread - 25/02/2021

Get the attacking players on. Kill the game. Manage the game. 

It's not worth risking them scoring a goal when we need two and it's too late. They'll just sit back in their defensive shape as that's what they seem comfortable with. 

Vardy needs support. Get Ricardo on for Amartey so that Under has some help going forward as it'll take some defenders away from him. 

Barnes on for Choudhury, drop Tielemans deeper and we'll start to see some big improvements. 

Then save the remaining 3 subs to manage the game out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

This is on rodgers for not starting one of ricardo/castagne, we knew we didnt have enough to break them down without 2 attacking fullbacks from the first game.

I’m not even sure you can class Thomas as an attacking fullback yet, why we’ve gone so defensive I don’t know, Under and Vardy are our only attack minded players 

We still manage to leave me speechless on how we are doing so well, we manage to just look abysmal for periods of matches but it doesn't really seem to cost us. This isn't far off how bad we were vs Brighton.

I've seen us play like this so often where we have a few bright openings in the open 10-15 mins but if we don't take them and the laborious football starts to set in you can tell where the game is going. This will be horrible.

Need a shake up, get Tavares on 🤪

Two full-backs. One that doesn’t really want to go forward. One that turns round when he gets there. No penetration from wide. Vardy marshalled well.  No Madders  in the  hole - it will be a challenge to break these down. And they are a danger, especially from set-pieces. Challenging 45 ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

Are we guilty of complacency, here?

Premier League egos starting to show a bit?

They seem to think collectively they can beat this lot at a canter.

Don’t think so, think we’re just guilty of trying to manage a squad avoiding any extra injuries in a critical part of the season.

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

It's ironic really, you battle all season to get into Europe & then seem happy to throw it all away by playing a joke XI. Don't you just love modern football

Its not a joke xi really is it? Its a mostly full strength side barring a few injuries/resting a couple. It's not perfect at all but when not playing well and it's not ur best xi, u must try and grind it out which they are so far, but deffo need to up there game/find a spark from somewhere! Which would probably be bringing barnes on. We can do this! 🦊🦊

As I said earlier. Youri has to go into CM to allow us to bring the ball up the pitch.

Ndidi and Choudhury can't do that and Evans and Soyuncu look lost trying to play the ball forward or if they come out with themselves try to do too much.

I'd take off Choudhury and put youri back to CM. Bring on Barnes as at least he's direct.

I'd move albrighton to number 10 position simply as Under dosent pass the ball and least albrighton can actually pass with some precision.

That'll keep two direct wingers on flanks. Vardy up top and a lot more balance in the midfield.

I'd also look at some point in second half to take amartey off for one of Castagne or Ricky so we have more threat on the overlap.

• Thanks 1

Not good but time to address it before they get a dodgy penalty, then time waste. 

Although I love him to bits , Soyuncu has been a bit off it. 

Passing and decision making has not been good enough and he did a couple of strange ones at villa.