Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

Kasper

Vontay

Amartey

Soyuncho 

Fuchs

Mendy

Hamza

Tavares

Albrighton 

Under

Nacho

From what I've seen today the energy tank is empty, if we're not careful Tielemans will be next on the injury list.

like this a lot, exactly my thinking, intensity is needed, 8 changes brings freshness, we could play our strongest 11 and lose this anyway as was the case last season, freshen it up try and get something, play the strongest team against Brighton and when they are a bit fresher, i'd be surprised if we didn't pick up 3 points against Brighton, they look blunt upfront.

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I've said for a while that 73 points should the target for us and should be good enough for top 4.  We needed 8 wins from 13 games, meaning we can lose 5.

In that run of fixtures we had games against Arsenal, West Ham, Man City, Spurs, Utd and Chelsea.  All of them are big clubs, Spurs and West Ham are also very capable of turning in a very good performance.

On paper the rest should be winnable games.  Concentrate on those, win them and that would be 7 of the 8 wins, meaning we would need 3 points from those 'big club' games.

I always viewed the Arsenal game as a bit of a free hit, but those free hits are only free hits if we win against the lower teams.  Starting with Burnley.  We now need 8 wins from 12.

Why was it a free hit? If they were 3rd and we were 10th playing away then you’d expect them to beat us. We’ve been better than them and the table shows that. I know football doesn’t work like that, but Arsenal are no longer that side where you think “shit, probably won’t get anything from this one”. 

5 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Kasper

Daley-Campbell

Amartey

Soyuncu

Thomas

Tavares

Mendy

Choudhury

Under

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Giving the 1st team (2nd team after injuries) a rest lol is probably the best approach to take. 

I really think this should be a serious consideration. If we go full strength in this, we'll be just as fatigued as today, but we'll also hurt our chances of a win on Saturday, plus risk even more injuries, which is something we've gone past the point of not being able to afford.

I think it might be best to just give the best players we have left a rest to try to get us going again against Brighton. Besides, the way things are going, some of these players will need to be match fit. You'd expect them to be a bit more energetic than the 1st XI right now, at least.

That's not a great team, to say the least, but It should be enough to get a point or shithouse a 1-0 if we're lucky.

I might even go a bit uglier!

Kasper

Amartey       Soyuncu      Fuchs

Daley-Campbell   Choudhury    Mendy     Thomas

Tavares

Under             Nacho

Subs: Ward, Flynn, Castagne, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Leshabela, Albrighton, Vardy

It's pretty hideous, but I think it might be necessary.

Let's get through these next two games, because then it's only one game a week until May, and players should start coming back from injury.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This is going to be 2005-07 revisited. It's going to be an awful game and Burnley will shithouse a 1-0 win. Come to terms with it. Make peace with it. Don't torture yourself.

GOAL Burnley: Dean Marney (36) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Aren’t we lucky I don’t pick the actual team?!

I’m struggling, it seems, to express myself clearly enough, but what I’m advocating is looking at the big picture. This very well might be our last midweek game of the season. In other words, after this, managing players’ workloads becomes easier. If we avoid risking injury to Cags, Youri, Wilf & Vards on Wednesday, and they’re fit, fresh & available for the weekend, and hopefully the rest of the season, I’d take a loss to Burnley as the price, any time.

For me it’s about managing the squad the best we can to give us the best chance of a top 4/top 6 finish. 

Yeah I understand mate like I said I know why you have picked that team, I just think things become very bleak if we lose to Burnley

• Like 1

Repeat of last season we will lose this by 3 goals to nil.

Players need a rest as we didn't buy any players in the transfer window and once again not learning from our mistakes from last season and gambling on current squad with a high amount of games which has caused a massive of injuries.

If you fail to prepare you prepare for fail.

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Players need a rest as we didn't buy any players in the transfer window and once again not learning from our mistakes from last season and gambling on current squad with a high amount of games which has caused a massive of injuries.

Maybe we couldn't afford new players or there weren't any available that would be worth signing? It might not have been as easy as you think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Alright, Keano.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maybe we should've kept Gray and Slimani and let them go for a free in the summer. It's not like letting them go allowed us to bring anyone in. 

We have stripped the squad down so much and didn't do enough to bring in players in January. Whether we tried or not is still a failure and if it costs us 2 seasons on the spin then it's pretty disgraceful.