Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

Burnley away, a fixture absolutely nobody wants for a mirage of footballing reasons, especially now. 

This is our Trojan War so unleash the Trojan horse, Morgan, Mendy, Amartey, Choudhury.

Strap yourself in because none of us are ready. 

• Haha 1

The smallest glimmer of hope in these next few games are that Burnley and Brighton are crap but even if we look to just scrap it out, we are so bad at set pieces that they are bound to win that battle. I'm scratching my head how we put together an attacking team though.

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ricardo

Tielemans

Mendy

Castagne

Tavares

Iheanacho

Vardy

This is better. Seemed far too optimistic in the pre Slavia Prague and Arsenal threads and look how those games ended up.

Now FT is back to it normal level of pessimism maybe results will improve too.

(I dont want this thread to seem too optimistic and curse things so I'm going to complain about the number of injuries we have and say we're bound to lose).

Siege Mentality time. Fortunately we are still in a position where we can ride a couple more bad results and still have things in our own hands. Play for a dour draw here and hope like someone as already said we might shit house a win like we did at Arsenal. Somehow nick 3 or 4 points from these next two games and hopefully we may have some extra bodies back after that. 

Burnley game was always more important than the Arsenal game.

Our players are running on empty but we need a big pysh from them against Burnley and the Brighton next weekend.  After those two games we only have 1 Premier League fixture in the rest of March.  So, massive effort, then rest up and be as fresh as possible for the business end of the season starting in April.

Reckon if Ndidi and tielemans have a game off we will line up something like

schmeichel

Amartey

soyuncu

fuchs

castagne

mendy

choudhury

Thomas 

albrighton

Ricardo

iheanacho 

subs ward Daley-Campbell ndidi tielemans Vardy Tavares lesbabela under and another u23

would be glorious for that team to go and shithouse a 1-0 win