Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With us likely to have 6 or so U23s in the match day squad for this, who would you say are most likely?

Obviously Thomas, Daley-Campbell and Tavares appear to be in the squad - who else can you see coming in for this one? Both the likely options knowing the club and who you’d have line up

Shade was added to the europa list before he got injured and has just returned to fitness. Is also a forward player so could see him being involved? 

Plan A - Albrighton in for Barnes

Schmeichel

Castagne  Amartey  Soyuncu  Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo            Nacho                 Albrighton

Vardy

(Or With Ricardo RB, Castagne LB, Under RW)

Plan B - Because it's Burnley and will be physical, Choudhury in, Tielemans advanced, no Nacho

Schmeichel

Castagne   Amartey    Soyuncu  Thomas

Ndidi

Choudhury

Ricardo            Tielemans                Albrighton

Vardy

(Or With Ricardo RB, Castagne LB, Under RW)

Plan C - 3 CB's, Under as AM

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Amartey  Soyuncu Fuchs  Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Under

Nacho     Vardy

Injury Sweepsatake = Soyuncu 33rd minute

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With us likely to have 6 or so U23s in the match day squad for this, who would you say are most likely?

Obviously Thomas, Daley-Campbell and Tavares appear to be in the squad - who else can you see coming in for this one? Both the likely options knowing the club and who you’d have line up

Starting: Sidnei Tavares & Thomas

On the bench: Daley-Campbell, Pennant & maybe Flynn.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Do you work for the recruitment team or the clubs financial team? If not how could you possibly comment on whether we has the funds in place or not? 

Do you?

If not how could you possibly comment on whether we has the funds in place or not? 

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Ahhhh behave with that nonsense ffs.

We have money to spend we was just being over cautious. Look at Lingard for 1, yes not a signing that every one would of wanted but would of helped us.

Plenty of deals could of been done but we gambled on the fact we would be in a better position at the end of season not taking all the potential injuries into account.

What complete and utter bollocks.

You don't know anymore than anyone else how much we could have spent, who was available at what price or how cautious we were being.

Man Utd were never going to lend us players. Why would they want to strengthen us?

You've got no idea about any of this. Stop pretending you have.

• Like 3

We have got to keep some degree of pace on the wing, I would keep Ricardo wide and put Fuchs in, Thomas needs a rest.

Schmeichel

Castagne Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs

Ndidi Tielemans

Ricardo Iheanacho Albrighton

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Daley-Campbell, Thomas, Mendy, Choudhury, Leshabela, Tavares, Under, Shade

Edited by jeffschlupp

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

West ham as just as direct rivals as us 

Maybe now, but not at the start of January. They were mid table at the turn of the year, they’ve had an amazing run of form since Christmas. 
But when they would have take Lingard, they were not considered rivals to a CL spot.

Burnley also have a small squad, ok they haven't had the European campaign we've had but I'd imagine some of their players wi be running on empty too.

Hopefully we can keep the ball and get them chasing around. 

I've complained in the past about the slow passing at time across the defense but if we get an early goal and then we can just play some keep ball for 80 mins, it might not be a bad idea. 

58 minutes ago, reynard said:

Really can't afford to play Ndidi in a back three if he is fit. Has to play midfield. Amartey will have to start if Evans isn't fit.

I just think it's not as taxing as a position to play so he'd get a rest without really getting a rest if that makes sense.

Plus we're likely to have all the ball so Mendy in midfield is a player i'd definitely play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Ahhhh behave with that nonsense ffs.

We have money to spend we was just being over cautious. Look at Lingard for 1, yes not a signing that every one would of wanted but would of helped us.

Plenty of deals could of been done but we gambled on the fact we would be in a better position at the end of season not taking all the potential injuries into account.

Guarantee FoxesTalk would have thrown the strop to end all strops had we even been linked with Lingard let alone signed him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Burnley also have a small squad, ok they haven't had the European campaign we've had but I'd imagine some of their players wi be running on empty too.

I've complained in the past about the slow passing at time across the defense but if we get an early goal and then we can just play some keep ball for 80 mins, it might not be a bad idea. 

Dyche moaned as well that our game got brought forward rather than pushed back. 

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Really can't afford to play Ndidi in a back three if he is fit. Has to play midfield. Amartey will have to start if Evans isn't fit.

I actually feel quite comfortable knowing Amartay will start at CB, it's where he looks the most natural and I'm sure he'll do a good job.

The only reason he's not been able to play there in the past is the sheer quality of the other 3 CBs. 

I think him and Soyuncu will actually complement each other quite nicely. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Guarantee FoxesTalk would have thrown the strop to end all strops had we even been linked with Lingard let alone signed him.

I’d go for him in the summer. 

He’s proven in the Prem. Would flourish under Rodgers. Could get him for £25-£30m. Versatile. 

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. Yep he was bad here on loan. But he was a 19 year old with little experience. 

To the people saying we should have signed player X Y and Z have a word with yourselves. We would not sign players just incase you get a mountain of injuries, it's not FIFA. Players will go to a team to play. Man Utd would not loan Lingard out to sit on our bench instead of their own. He went to West Ham to play every week. Now he will either go back there a confident player match fit or they will get a good fee for him. Its why Maitland Niles didn't come here as he wasn't guaranteed games like he is at WBA. You can't just sign players to stack them up incase you get injuries. Hindsight is wonderful. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see.

Kasper

Castagne

Amartey 

Soyuncu 

Thomas

Under

Tielemans 

Ndidi

Albrighton 

Iheanacho

Vardy 

Effectively a 442, risky probably but if we can't take risks against these then who can we? That is not taking into account any resting or fatigue. Great if it goes well, but we absolutely nothing other than Ricardo on the bench in an attacking sense, and he's a full back. 

Do you take a risk and start lesser players, leaving Tielemans and Vardy on the bench to change the game if required. But that would mean starting Mendy and Choudhury (or Tavares) in a midfield 3 with Ndidi lol 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've now moved on to putting all my eggs in Terell Pennant's basket, get the lad in for Harvey Barnes and let's serve it up to Dyche. See what he's got to say about the many pound notes.

Traitorous bastard! 

Sidnei is not happy. 

22 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Kasper

castagne

amartey 

soyuncu

fuchs

ricardo

mendy

Hamza

under

iheanacho

albrighton

#yolo

So much creativity in that midfield 😂😂👍 be an exercise of counting the backwards and sideways passing

We're knackered. 2 days between this game to prepare. 

I'd give a fair few of them time off and not sure I'd have Vardy start again til the cup 1/4 final. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyuncu

Evans

Castagne

Wilf

Choudhury

Under

Kelechi

Albrighton

If we keep playing Tielemans as relentlessly as we do, he's gonna get injured. Vardy playing at the moment is pointless, he offers one threat which is his name. As a footballer he's contributed zero since his return from injury because he's clearly not as fit as he'd like to be. I'd like to rest Wilf too but think his height is needed versus a team like Burnley. 

43 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Think that was the idea v Arsenal....