Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Funny enough it is one of those that if the ref awards the penalty I believe var gives it. 

The other angle from behind the goal clearly shows he trips Vardy without touching the ball. Not sure why VAR did not give it. It was actually a blatant steal.

Don’t buy that we were all that lucky to win. Don’t get me wrong we weren’t great and the majority of our possession was our 3 cbs passing it to each other seeing who would get intercepted. 

but we had 63% possession and 8 shots to their 7 and 4 shots on target to their 2. Doesn’t read like we were dominated. Yes a little fortunate but we deserved at least a draw and based on those stats arguably even the victory we did get.  

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It looked like a pen to me but I couldn't be 100% sure. I'll have to trust VAR on that. 

Looked to me like he just touched it based on the second camera angle (facing their goal), but really hard to tell. Not clear enough to overturn original decision

• Like 1

For me that's our biggest win of the season. That first half was shocking and had all of the makings of something served up towards the end of last season, all the signs pointed towards another late season drop off and I was beginning to panic if there'd be any Europe at all, let alone Champions League, given those around us.

But that last half an hour, well, whenever he changed it to a back 4 - we were superior and it showed. Iheanacho was really good again, Ricardo was everywhere, Tielemans is an absolute class act and has been one of the leagues best midfielders this season.

Just a brilliant turnaround - they would've rolled over and lost that a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Fluked it but it's points that matter.

The whole game turned on the formation change. Amartey looked so much more confident, Castagne came into the game and the team began to tick. Iheanacho is so utterly cool on goal - an instinctive striker (shades of Lineker). Pereira is coming back into form. Tielemans is just superb - over and over again. Vardy, although he's not scoring goals, is still vital to the cause.

I'd have accepted a draw, but this is cream on the cake. People seem to forget it's not just the injuries - it's trying to get a formation to cope with the injuries. In the second half it clicked and the technical ability of the side came to the fore - it outweighs most Premier sides.

Ain't Brighton's stadium proper 'andsome?