Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

They were good, the ref was atrocious, West Ham is a bigger game. I thought we were good value first half but second we just didn't take care of what little we saw of the ball even nearly well enough. De Bruyne is an absolute dildo.

Yet again the Best League In The World™ serves up a tepid title race.

That was a free hit. The next 2 games are far more important.

Man City are a class above anyone else in this league and there's maybe 1 or 2 in Europe that could go toe to toe.

However, the manner of the defeat gets to me. At least have a bit of ambition.

Disgusted by the referee today. The De Bruyne incident was an utter disgrace.

We move on.

Season isn't defined in games like that. They are the best team in the league and probably the world. 

Dias completes their team and there weak points are pretty much non exsitant. 

Big week off now and massive game next weekend 

They have the most ridiculous squad depth in the world.

Never look forward to playing them. Always expect to lose then end up inevitably disappointed (most of the time).

Meh, move on. Chelsea losing is the main thing

Barely laid a glove on them but it doesn't bother me too much.

This may seem like sour grapes but whether they beat us or not, whether they are playing against us or not, i'll watch any game but I simply don't watch any game Man City are involved in anymore, they're an incredibly boring team - and it's not just because 'they are so good' according to some Pep fanbois.

They way we set out is the way to play against them, perhaps we should have been abit more positive, get hold of the ball more, but generally that is the way to play against them.

Onto the next one. Bore off Man City.

• Like 4

Just now, kristianity77 said:

I mean, I know Man City are the better team in not going to question that but Jesus christ just what was our plan today?

That was embarrassing in a tactical sense and if Rodgers sent them out to do nothing but keep the score down then fair play, conceding two is half decent.  

We could play that game a hundred times with those tactics and we would lose 100.  I have no idea what Rodgers wanted from that.

We could attack and they could exploit our gaps and batter us or we sit back and counter. Admittedly we were missing our better players for that formation but the previous games against them have shown that’s the best way for us to get a result. Im not too offended by the stand offish nature of this set up. It can work and unfortunately today it didn’t.