Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

I know Phillips and Rice have been affective together but when you play a back 5 and it is a 5 not a 3 I'd just have one of them with at least a number 8 role for a Mount if not a 10 for Grealish or Foden. We're fielding 8 players who don't have a goal in them, so over cautious. Prove me wrong Gareth and have Tripper and Shaw hitting the byeline time and time again. Or halfway line would be a start.

Just now, fazzyfox said:

I know Phillips and Rice have been affective together but when you play a back 5 and it is a 5 not a 3 I'd just have one of them with at least a number 8 role for a Mount if not a 10 for Grealish or Foden. We're fielding 8 players who don't have a goal in them, so over cautious. Prove me wrong Gareth and have Tripper and Shaw hitting the byeline time and time again. Or halfway line would be a start.

I think you would struggle to find anyone who disagreed with logic to be honest. We are clearly just playing for set pieces. 

Just now, Super_horns said:

German team\:

Neuer, Rudiger, Ginter, Hummels, Kimmich, Havertz, Kroos, Werner, Goretzka, Gosens, Muller

Sane and Gnabry dropped.

Werner in - bet he scores.

Sane has been particularly bad. It's a shame he's not playing. I'm already annoyed by the BBC btw (and they piss all over ITV). 

The back 3 was the plan all along as soon as we faced one of the better sides so not surprised at all. You feel it has to work for Southgate to survive, the press have supported him until now but feel it will turn if we go out lamely today. 

Positive is lots of game changers on the bench lol

8 defensive players against a team we need to get at. Add sterling, a youngster and Kane who hasn’t hit a barn door so far it’s a negative start already. Ah well surprise us lads and hopefully the bench changes it up later in the game. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

The back 3 was the plan all along as soon as we faced one of the better sides so not surprised at all. You feel it has to work for Southgate to survive, the press have supported him until now but feel it will turn if we go out lamely today. 

Positive is lots of game changers on the bench lol

No way he can survive if England go out.

Looking at the draw, I'd say this tournament would only be considered a success for him if England got to the final or win it.