Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Marc Albrighton

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Benkovic has never done and never will. For us anyway. Evans will not be able to start the season or play as many games as last season so we're down already. 

Down and out.  Like there was no way we could beat Man City when Amartey re-emerged.

Benkovic may never play for our first team competitively again.  Perhaps this is probable.  But if he were to, I would trust the judgement of the coaches in assessing him as capable.

Rodgers seems to think highly of Albrighton.    Currently, our other wide options are Barnes, Sowah and Perez.   Only Barnes is definitely ahead of him.  Things would need to change before we let Albrighton go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Down and out.  Like there was no way we could beat Man City when Amartey re-emerged.

Benkovic may never play for our first team competitively again.  Perhaps this is probable.  But if he were to, I would trust the judgement of the coaches in assessing him as capable.

Down on numbers I meant!

When Albrighton completely loses his legs I would still bring him on to take corners lol. The man is a legend. Glad we still have him and that he stays in shape ready to be called upon when needed.

• Like 1

Still think about how pinpoint his free kick on the last goal against Man U in Cup was. Nacho and him totally had that planned out with him playing coy and he put it on a platter. It was - dare I say it - world class. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/27/report-pl-rivals-wont-sell-incredible-player-to-burnley-would-rather-lose-him-for-free/

REPORT: PL RIVALS WON’T SELL ‘INCREDIBLE’ PLAYER TO BURNLEY, WOULD RATHER LOSE HIM FOR FREE
Danny Owen

Leicester City are hoping to retain Marc Albrighton and would rather lose the Premier League winner for free than sell him to Burnley this summer, as reported by The Express. 

He might not be the most glamourous member of Brendan Rodgers’ squad but he is one of the most reliable.

At 31, the long-serving Albrighton is a part of the furniture at the King Power Stadium these days and, whenever he is called upon, the veteran winger hardly ever disappoints. 

Leicester have been linked with a hatful of talented widemen in recent weeks, from Josip Brekalo to Domenico Berardi, Leon Bailey to Brennan Johnson, but one of the heroes of that 2016 Premier League title-winning campaign still has a future in royal blue. 

Albrighton might have just one year left on his contract but, according to the Express, Rodgers would be loathe to lose a man who added an FA Cup trophy to his enviable CV in May. 

I love everything about Marc,” Rodgers told the Mercury after Leicester triumphed over Chelsea at Wembley.  

“He prepares himself immaculately. He’s in bright and early, getting prepared for his training. 

“What you see in the game, that’s how he trains, it’s incredible, he’s got great focus. He’s a great role model for our younger players in how to prepare yourself for the elite level.” 

That sort of mentality – Albrighton really is an example of how far dedication and professionalism can take you in elite-level football – is a key part of the reason why fellow workaholic Sean Dyche is so keen to lure the former Aston Villa youngster to Turf Moor. 

According to the Express, however, Leicester have no plans to let Burnley sign one of only three players who remain from that history-making 2015/16 squad. 

In fact, they would prefer to let Albrighton see out the final 12 months of his contract rather than see him join a top-flight rival before the summer is out. 

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

According to the Express, however, Leicester have no plans to let Burnley sign one of only three players who remain from that history-making 2015/16 squad. 

I hate to quibble with the Express, but technically Armartey was part of the PL-winning squad. Got a medal and everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers clearly thinks otherwise.

my point was he is a back up squad player, I could understand refusing to sell Kasper as he could be the difference between getting CL or not, Albrighton won't be

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

my point was he is a back up squad player, I could understand refusing to sell Kasper as he could be the difference between getting CL or not, Albrighton won't be

Issue would be that if he is sold we would then probably have to sign another winger, probably on top of the one we are hopefully trying to sign already

If we sold Albrighton we wouldn’t be able to get much for him, certainly not enough for a better replacement back up

If we haven’t sorted a wide right player then I can’t see us entertaining Marc leaving 

once we get that done then things may change but if there are some question marks over castangne for the first month or  two of the season then that could make a difference aswell. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Issue would be that if he is sold we would then probably have to sign another winger, probably on top of the one we are hopefully trying to sign already

If we sold Albrighton we wouldn’t be able to get much for him, certainly not enough for a better replacement back up

We'd also probably get a few million max for him, not worth selling him given what he gives us on and off the pitch. He'll sign a new deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

why would we rather lose him for free? He's not THAT important to us

Albrighton sees you through early rounds of the cup, awkward away trips in the europa league, the last 10 minutes when you're trying to see out a 2-0 lead

He may not be a starter, I've certainly not been his biggest fan over the years, but he's a grafter, a professional and a good character to gave around.

He his THAT important to us right now 

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we haven’t sorted a wide right player then I can’t see us entertaining Marc leaving 

once we get that done then things may change but if there are some question marks over castangne for the first month or  two of the season then that could make a difference aswell. 

....the thing with Rodgers is he is very loyal!!!

If there was the chance of going through the season with just 15 players, I am sure he would. He likes a small knit of players, perhaps could also lead to favouritism.