Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Villa - Postponed

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Look if he is in charge he is in charge. Just get behind the lads, keep the booing away from the 90 mins of play and support them to the end.

The players are going to be here not matter what so they need our support. 

You talk sense. 

7 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Any actual protests taking place?

I was deadly serious about fundraising for a banner flying across the stadium. Though a member on here took the trouble to email me to remind me it would be in the same airspace where Vichai lost his life, which then made me realise the banner could be seen in bad light. 

And no, there is no other reason it should be seen in bad light. I don’t care that his spawned us an FA Cup win and failed to get us in the Top 4 twice,  look at us now FFS

If Vichai were still with us he would have clicked like on Ric Flair's likes thread.

I'm convinced they're waiting until the international break to do something to give them the max time to sack, appoint and bed in a new guy.

Trouble is, by that time 3 more candidates will have gone elsewhere

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, iancognito said:

If Vichai were still with us he would have clicked like on Ric Flair's likes thread.

I'm convinced they're waiting until the international break to do something to give them the max time to sack, appoint and bed in a new guy.

Trouble is, by that time 3 more candidates will have gone elsewhere

And 9 points will have passed us by.

I'll watch it as normal, but the pain of losing, or seeing a poor performance, wont actually cause a reaction, even if we go 2 Nil up you can guarantee we will either get a draw, or mess it up and lose, the writing is on the wall as they say; it's such an odd feeling / predicament to be in really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

He's going 5 at the back with Amartey, Evans and Puyol. 

"If we have control of the ball, how can we lose?"

Villa will show him how :frusty:

I’ll take a pizza inducing 0-0 tbh

a clean sheet is what this squad needs 

can’t imagine prep for this game has been decent ……. The players know the manager isn’t long for here 

29 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Whilst he is still here - are we really bothered about this one?

Crying out loud. YES! We are bothered. I want us to win and will be watching. Be a fan. Support the team. If you cannot "be bothered" then go and play dominoes.

• Like 3

Imagine by some miracle we pick up 3 points from these two games and don’t sack him. We’ll have to give him more time and more importantly the international break, but we all know we’re still ****ed and we need to find a good manager - this time is absolutely crucial. 

Our fixtures after Spurs are great and a dream start for a new manager bounce. I’m staggered we didn’t do it after that Brighton game. 

Edited by Nobbyburton

Iversen in Goal. Faes has a storming debut match and Leicester win 2-0 with Daka and Barnes goals.

Realism.....

Rodgers says in the press conference that Ward is still very much number 1, and Faes has personal issues and needs more time to integrate with the squad. Ndidi will continue to take CB responsibilities. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Iversen in Goal. Faes has a storming debut match and Leicester win 2-0 with Daka and Barnes goals.

Realism.....

Rodgers says in the press conference that Ward is still very much number 1, and Faes has personal issues and needs more time to integrate with the squad. Ndidi will continue to take CB responsibilities. 

and that the squad is young and inexperienced, but also in need of a refresh, and overcrowded, but also short on bodies, and don't get me started on the fans, they're truly rubbish and sometimes get very cross with the lads which is really unfair, but I can understand it because they desperately want some new signings, and they are clearly disappointed by that, and they love me truly, madly, deeply

I can accept losing if the team are set up right and the players through to the manager give it a right go. 100% effort, all left out on the pitch, striving as a team. 

m What I cannot accept, but have grown to expect, is a half hearted, dispirited, shambles from back to front to sideline. It’s like not one of them truly give a shit. THAT I will never accept. 

My prediction......we look comfortable for 8 mins before a nothing ball over the top leaves Watkins one on one with Evans. 

Evans does that back tracking arms out jog thing.....goes arse over tit....Watkins strokes it in. 

We then create nothing all game. No subs until 80th minute. We conceed from a corner at 86 mins. 

Brendan blames the wind and the lads being worried about the rising energy prices. 

• Sad 1

I've been angry about the fact he's still here for weeks. But he's clearly not going anywhere so I've made peace with it.

I shall watch from afar though as it's tough to watch the oaf lead us out, knowing he has no desire to be here.

Gets paid a lump sum to fail, gets paid a king's ransom to half-arse it every week.

0-2 loss, and the Rodgers thread stays hot for another week 😂