Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Villa - Postponed

7 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Only based on Rodge comments after Stockport game. When asked about Iversen he couldn’t wait to tell radio Ward is his number one. 

I can understand he was trying to instil confidence in Ward but there’s no coming back from Brighton. 

and if I was Top I would be asking Brendan about the keeper situation prior to the game and telling him for the sake of the club, and Danny Wards mental health, Iversen is to play.

All they have to do is put pressure on when we are pissing around at the back. Gift them chances, especially as Ward is frail and Wout is new and will probably wonder what the fu** is going on. Brighton could have had 2 more from all the crap we were doing. 

Edited by Chelmofox

31 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Villa score first the game will only go one way, teams confidence will be knocked and the atmopshere will becoming toxic very quickly. Somehow though I think this heading for another stalemate draw like last year. Which would suit Gerrard more than Rodgers.

We’ve scored first in half our games this season ….. not sure it matters 

our defence is woeful and unless whoever is responsible for selection on Saturday makes a clean sheet the priority, we’ll struggle 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Villa score first the game will only go one way, teams confidence will be knocked and the atmopshere will becoming toxic very quickly. Somehow though I think this heading for another stalemate draw like last year. Which would suit Gerrard more than Rodgers.

We scored first at Brighton. I don’t think it really matters anymore. We’re f**ked either way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is gonna sound crazy BUT what if?

what if we ‘somehow’ best villa? Are we ready for that scenario? It could happen

its a long shot but could happen

can we back it up with a draw at spuds?

and then a moral boosting win against forest. Stranger things have happened!

(just trying to be an optimist lol)

• Haha 1

Well ward has to go he is a nervous wreck . 
don’t want to see Thomas any where near the 1st team until he learns to go forward , he should have gone out on loan in a lower division 

justin needs to improve his defence is terrible and he crossing is just as bad

as for the middle they need to learn them can turn with the ball and go forwards rather than but the back four under pressure 

AND SACK Rodgers would be a good start 

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

what if we ‘somehow’ best villa? Are we ready for that scenario? It could happen

I hope we can... but it wont make Rodgers a better man 

11 hours ago, BeaumontFox said:

We scored first at Brighton. I don’t think it really matters anymore. We’re f**ked either way.

This is true, we have already trialed quite a few things;

Going 2-0 up at home to a team expected for second season syndrome

Going 1-0 up into the second half at home to a perennial struggler and managing to lose

Going behind, whether by a goal or two and shown there is no stomach to come back

Playing an under par 10 men, managing to concede twice

Its at the point where it’s difficult to see where a win would come from under BR. To cover the shit defence you’d have to say 4-0 up to feel confident but unlike in his early days, if we go 1-0 up he goes all defensive. Somehow against Brentford it was 2-0 but BR will not allow us to get into a position where we are 3-0 or 4-0 up which means we will drop points due to the defence…

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Bless your hopelessly wide eyed and naively innocent cotton socks.  That optimism will be crushed out of you by Saturday evening.

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

In that scenario the worst thing is Rodgers will probably stay. If we managed to limp through the season and finish just above the relegation zone a number of our players would want out and you really couldn't blame them.

Yes, there'd be money to spend in the summer but we'll be in exactly the same place as this summer, would we want Rodgers to spend it?

I haven't a clue what our finances are like, whether we're really in trouble and financially unable to sack the manager or even issues with the FFP situation. However, if humanly possible, I'd think some of the money made from the sale of Fofana is far better spent paying Rodgers off than buying any more players! If this situation is allowed to run on too much longer it's not going to end happily, it will have dire consequences for the future of our club for years to come. 

Even if we had lost 10-0 to Brighton some would say we can beat Villa. Look , our form is lousy but the players aren't. They are definitely very unhappy and with the present atmosphere at the club that is understandable. Something suggests to me though they will do their best against Villa , more out of pride than anything and this will be nothing to do with Rodgers ,I am sure they have given up on him.