Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

@Ric Flair David Martinez joined LAFC and I didn't even realise, stopped paying him attention as it seemed like he was set to join Ajax. Him and Fabricio Diaz both joining shite leagues disgusts me 😂

Diaz turned down moves to Brighton and Barcelona to sign for a Qatari side.

That said, I think he's a player that is gettable. His fee was 6M so if a club went in with 3x that amount, they'd be in with a chance. He'll be on high wages, but Premier League hardly pays badly. He can play as either an 8 or a 6, and I think would do exceptionally well in the Enzo system.

I'm curious who we go for. This summer was the first one in a while where we found players for good value that performed. Winks, Hermansen, Mavididi, Fatawu all cemented in the first team and consistent performers. 3 of those we don't know how they'll do in the Premier League, but the Bournemouth game suggested they will handle it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Diaz turned down moves to Brighton and Barcelona to sign for a Qatari side.

That said, I think he's a player that is gettable. His fee was 6M so if a club went in with 3x that amount, they'd be in with a chance. He'll be on high wages, but Premier League hardly pays badly. He can play as either an 8 or a 6, and I think would do exceptionally well in the Enzo system.

I'm curious who we go for. This summer was the first one in a while where we found players for good value that performed. Winks, Hermansen, Mavididi, Fatawu all cemented in the first team and consistent performers. 3 of those we don't know how they'll do in the Premier League, but the Bournemouth game suggested they will handle it.

Diaz and Martinez were my main two that I always pushed and they both broke my heart. Both could definitely be picked up in the future though, which is the plus side of them making meh moves.

My current lot now are Oscar Zambrano and Alex Aravena. Oh and Luciano Rodriguez

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

I like the look of Japhet Tanganga, currently on loan at Milwall from Spurs, primarily a CB but he can play at RB too, seems quite comfortable on the ball, he’s strong and fast and defensively looks quite solid. He put in a hell of a performance against City a couple of seasons ago but has been a bit stale there, One to keep an eye on for the rest of the season, his season didnt start well, he was on loan at Augsburg and got injured before the season started then couldn’t break into the team on his return, came back and was loaned out to Milwall and he’s finding his feet very quickly there, been one of their best players in his 6 appearances so far. 

Early days but looks like he could be a late bloomer. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

35 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I like the look of Japhet Tanganga, currently on loan at Milwall from Spurs, primarily a CB but he can play at RB too, seems quite comfortable on the ball, he’s strong and fast and defensively looks quite solid. He put in a hell of a performance against City a couple of seasons ago but has been a bit stale there, One to keep an eye on for the rest of the season, his season didnt start well, he was on loan at Augsburg and got injured before the season started then couldn’t break into the team on his return, came back and was loaned out to Milwall and he’s finding his feet very quickly there, been one of their best players in his 6 appearances so far. 

Early days but looks like he could be a late bloomer. 

Always liked the lad since that Spurs doc. Proper good lad. Maybe we don’t need anymore of those lol 

On 27/02/2024 at 17:57, Silebyfox_89 said:

Doubt it now, he's signed a new 5 year deal. 

That’s why I said a season long loan, a season playing week in week out in the same system under a manager who you know well is better than playing five minutes every week.  Pep could be tempted.

Ikuma Sekigawa, is impressing over in Japan. I’d be intrigued to look into the J league, see if we can pick someone up to develop. Germany have found some hidden gems over in that part of the world.

A striker who has a presence in the box so when teams do force us wide, we have someone who might convert a cross. All our current strikers are too similar and don't lead to a change in approach. I'm not talking about someone to lump it up to, but someone who can be involved in the build-up and win a header now and again. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StonyFox said:

A striker who has a presence in the box so when teams do force us wide, we have someone who might convert a cross. All our current strikers are too similar and don't lead to a change in approach. I'm not talking about someone to lump it up to, but someone who can be involved in the build-up and win a header now and again. 

I don’t think that’s true tbh, as Daka and Vardy are hypothetically similar, but Nacho and Cannon are different than them both and each other. It’s more we don’t try to use our strikers differently I would suggest.

well now we'll be financially constrained to say the least. 

were gonna need favours from Pep, Italian players on the cheap who want to play under Maresca and Academy players probably taking most places on the bench.

Thinking Alves and Braybooke will play a massive part next season given the likely constraints.

I think we might try to nab a couple from Sheff Utd then as many loans as allowed

Plenty of free transfers at the end of the season.
Experienced 3rd GK-Scott Carson

RB-Ben Johnson

LB- Norrington- Davies

CB-Lacelles

CB-Lloyd Kelly

CM-Josh Brownhill

CM-Sensi

AM-Kamada 

AM-Skov

ST-Che Adams 

A few loans will make up the numbers.

20 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Thinking Alves and Braybooke will play a massive part next season given the likely constraints.

I think we might try to nab a couple from Sheff Utd then as many loans as allowed

You say this, but both are still well behind in terms of recovery from injuries. Braybrooke for example we haven’t heard anything about in long time. Alves keeps picking up knocks even with us easing him in. 

if we’re financially ****ed I’d love nothing more than to see braybrooke, alves, Richards, wormleighton and Nelson taking up most of the bench next season. Nothing we can do about it so try and keep the best players we can but promote the youth as much as possible.

Now looking at this in terms of the minimum we can get away with next season and still stand a chance of staying up. As others have said likely to require a number of loans and frees, and academy players stepping up. 

May also need to resign some players to save on transfer fees for new players. Although this will need to be on reasonable/ vastly reduced in Vardy’s case, wages.  

Ultimately I see it as 3 x new signings / frees? And 2 x loans? 

GK - Hermansen/ Stolarczyk/ Ward

RB - Ricardo / Hamza 

CB - Faes / Nelson 

CB - Vestergaard (re-sign) / Coady

LB - Justin / Doyle (re-loan?) 

CDM - Winks / (Sensi - free?) / Braybrooke

CM - Ndidi (re-sign) / New Signing

CM - KDH / New signing

RW - Fatawu / New signing (loan?) 

ST - Daka / Cannon / Vardy (re-sign) 

LW - Mavididi / Alves / Wanya 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Now looking at this in terms of the minimum we can get away with next season and still stand a chance of staying up. As others have said likely to require a number of loans and frees, and academy players stepping up. 

May also need to resign some players to save on transfer fees for new players. Although this will need to be on reasonable/ vastly reduced in Vardy’s case, wages.  

Ultimately I see it as 3 x new signings / frees? And 2 x loans? 

GK - Hermansen/ Stolarczyk/ Ward

RB - Ricardo / Hamza 

CB - Faes / Nelson 

CB - Vestergaard (re-sign) / Coady

LB - Justin / Doyle (re-loan?) 

CDM - Winks / (Sensi - free?) / Braybrooke

CM - Ndidi (re-sign) / New Signing

CM - KDH / New signing

RW - Fatawu / New signing (loan?) 

ST - Daka / Cannon / Vardy (re-sign) 

LW - Mavididi / Alves / Wanya 

That team is getting relegated.