Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

I’m not suggesting we could sign him as I think he would likely get a position at a more established prem club like Brighton or West Ham, but what do people think about Scott Mctominay? He comes across as severely underrated for me, every time he plays for United he puts in a decent performance and is a very honest player who leads by example. He’s constantly coming up with winning goals/assists/created chances and yet regardless of what he does he’s constantly back on the bench. 
Deserves to be treated better in my opinion and I’d take him if he was available. Don’t think he’s on a mindblowing wage there either. 

He’s made 24 appearances and averaged 57 minutes, most of his minutes came in the first half of the season and has played as a DM, CM, CAM and even as a “shadow striker” or whatever you call that position. 

Versatile, young, rumoured 60k a week, proven premier league talent, contract up in 2025. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’m not suggesting we could sign him as I think he would likely get a position at a more established prem club like Brighton or West Ham, but what do people think about Scott Mctominay? He comes across as severely underrated for me, every time he plays for United he puts in a decent performance and is a very honest player who leads by example. He’s constantly coming up with winning goals/assists/created chances and yet regardless of what he does he’s constantly back on the bench. 
Deserves to be treated better in my opinion and I’d take him if he was available. Don’t think he’s on a mindblowing wage there either. 

He’s made 24 appearances and averaged 57 minutes, most of his minutes came in the first half of the season and has played as a DM, CM, CAM and even as a “shadow striker” or whatever you call that position. 

Versatile, young, rumoured 60k a week, proven premier league talent, contract up in 2025. 

Not for me. Not technical enough for Enzo either.

Appreciate we may not have the spending room to buy him but was very impressed with Jacob Greaves yesterday. Wouldn't have a problem with a

Justin-Vestegaard-Greaves-Ricardo

back 4 next year

There is some fantastic free agents come the summer that we should be all over if we secure promotion. 

Tosin

Rafa

Kelly ( highly unlikely ) 

De Roon

Spinazzola

Kamada

Gabigol 😂

22 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

There is some fantastic free agents come the summer that we should be all over if we secure promotion. 

Tosin

Rafa

Kelly ( highly unlikely ) 

De Roon

Spinazzola

Kamada

Gabigol 😂

Is that Daichi Kamada? If so he's be a fantastic signing. Would fit the second 8 nicely.

On 10/03/2024 at 09:41, LVFox said:

Appreciate we may not have the spending room to buy him but was very impressed with Jacob Greaves yesterday. Wouldn't have a problem with a

Justin-Vestegaard-Greaves-Ricardo

back 4 next year

Needs to be a right-footed player where you've put Greaves there. 

Unless you do Ricardo inverting from the left and have Greaves LCB, Vestergaard RCB and JJ as the RB.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Needs to be a right-footed player where you've put Greaves there. 

Unless you do Ricardo inverting from the left and have Greaves LCB, Vestergaard RCB and JJ as the RB.

Yes, read that as right to left, so Ricky inverting from LB

• Like 1

First thing would be to release all the players out of contract. 

Then you’re just going to have to gamble on young players, championship players with prospect, as we know the lower leagues are financially worse than us in some respects, free transfers and utilise the loan market. 

It’s not the end of the world, it just means we’ve got to be really clever with what we do. Plus.c there’s lots of teams going to breach FFP and PRS over the next few seasons, so provided to come up with a better more sustainable plan, we can keep our heads above water.

Listening to the @BSLBPod it’s clear that we’re victims of our own success, and possibly the clubs naivety showed operating at such a high level. 

• Like 1

In hindsight the summer we signed Daka and Soumare should have been the one where we stopped spending. 

But I realise how impossible that would have been with Europa League and Brendan in the ear of the board.

If we ever reach those heights again then we should really be looking for people who've been at bigger clubs. The amount of hangers on from when we operated on Championship level is insane. The Premier League win has made careers for so many people that if shouldn't have done. 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

In hindsight the summer we signed Daka and Soumare should have been the one where we stopped spending. 

But I realise how impossible that would have been with Europa League and Brendan in the ear of the board.

If we ever reach those heights again then we should really be looking for people who've been at bigger clubs. The amount of hangers on from when we operated on Championship level is insane. The Premier League win has made careers for so many people that if shouldn't have done. 

It also coincided with Fofanas injury and thus the panic buying of Vesty and putting Betrand (remember him :) ) on a stupid contract.  All of those signings (inc the free) provided next to no value for us in the PL. 

Does make you think if the Fofana injury hadn't happened how things would have panned out.

Edited by Chelmofox

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

It also coincided with Fofanas injury and thus the panic buying of Vesty and putting Betrand (remember him :) ) on a stupid contract.  All of those signings (inc the free) provided next to no value for us in the PL. 

Does make you think if the Fofana injury hadn't happened how things would have panned out.

Like others have pointed out the Vestegaard and Bertrand deals on paper weren't ludicrously bad, but it was reported at the time that the club weren't happy betraying their usual model in order to sign them. Feel like this was another Brenda masterclass.

The fact Ndidi and Tielemans went from being wanted by too European clubs and touted at £50m+ to going for nothing is probably the biggest reason it's gone tits up. Add Nacho who was probably £30m+ after the FA Cup run and there's so much the club were banking on that's gone so so wrong. 

2 CBs, a LB, a backup to Ricardo, a replacement for Wilf (if he goes), another 8, a winger who is comfortable on both sides and a centre forward. 

Today showed who won't adapt to the step up 

On 10/03/2024 at 06:05, Silebyfox_89 said:

When we sell KDH I'd like us to pick up Jobe Bellingham.

I originally thought he was getting over hyped by his name but the more I see of him, the more im

impressed 

• Like 2

I think yesterday proved that a number of our players are more than capable of making the step up.

If we do get promoted the priority has to be a centre forward and 3 new defenders. We have no pace back there and our system will leave them awfully exposed against a much higher level of opposition. 

We will not get the same number of chances in the PL so will need someone clinical as well as being good at holding the ball up 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I think yesterday proved that a number of our players are more than capable of making the step up.

If we do get promoted the priority has to be a centre forward and 3 new defenders. We have no pace back there and our system will leave them awfully exposed against a much higher level of opposition. 

We will not get the same number of chances in the PL so will need someone clinical as well as being good at holding the ball up 

You forget the midfield will be considerably weaker. Ndidi probably gone, talks of KDH leaving for us to get some cash. I agree with the 3 centre backs and striker as well though.