Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 18/08/2018 at 17:11, Carl the Llama said:

Going into a Game store, finding the only reasonably priced controller on display, taking the box to the counter to pay and being told they don't have it in stock... If you can't sell a thing don't put the bloody box out!

Took my custom elsewhere.

+1 purely for the new pic :wub:

Rival fans slating the Man City confetti thing. Ok, so its not really for me either but some of the shit I've seen on twitter is laughable, usually from the 'Emptyhad' posting crew who rarely watch their own team live.

Top hypocrite points go to the guy who tweeted that the game is gone whilst simultaneously using the Man City v Huddersfield hashtag.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Rival fans slating the Man City confetti thing. Ok, so its not really for me either but some of the shit I've seen on twitter is laughable, usually from the 'Emptyhad' posting crew who rarely watch their own team live.

Top hypocrite points go to the guy who tweeted that the game is gone whilst simultaneously using the Man City v Huddersfield hashtag.

Emptihad is such a shite joke, they share a city with one of the biggest clubs in the world. Manchester's a big but not monumental city so it's hardly a surprise is it?

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Emptihad is such a shite joke, they share a city with one of the biggest clubs in the world. Manchester's a big but not monumental city so it's hardly a surprise is it?

Yeah, but all Yannited's fans live in the Home Counties.

People who expect free stuff because they have few thousand followers on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook.

My girlfriend makes and sells cakes as a little hobby. She doesn’t advertise it’s all purely through recommendations and her Instagram page when she uploads pictures. A few times now people have asked for discount and they will tag her in on their page so there followers see it.

Then yesterday she had some blogger message her asking for a cake and cupcakes for free and she’d upload it on her blog. Is this the norm nowadays? Is this how social media works, people with a few thousand followers think they can ask people/ businesses for free products. 

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Grinding gears is a bit strong, but when a football club swap TV cameras to the other side, it throws me out for months 

Had Man City done that today? I thought it looked different.

If Mansfield's CEO wants to be taken seriously as a professional businesswoman she probably wants to stop deep frying herself in fake tan, drawing on TOWIE eyebrows and working for her husband five times her age. 

I don't doubt there's sexism at that level in football to some degree, there's sexism everywhere, just as all sorts of prejudice exist at every level. 

But I can't remember any more than the odd knuckle dragger, if that, implying Susan Whelan is incapable or unqualified to do her job based on her sex. But then it probably helps that she got her job on merit and doesn't dress like a cheap east end hooker. 

If Vichai takes top along to do some high profile business, Top already has to contend with the prospect of being looked upon with doubts of nepotism. But if he shows up decked in gold chains, ripped jeans, trainers and some ST polo then he probably isn't going to be taken all that seriously, I'd imagine people are going to be more inclined to smile awkwardly at him and deal with his father. 

Rightly or wrongly appearances matter. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People who expect free stuff because they have few thousand followers on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook.

My girlfriend makes and sells cakes as a little hobby. She doesn’t advertise it’s all purely through recommendations and her Instagram page when she uploads pictures. A few times now people have asked for discount and they will tag her in on their page so there followers see it.

Then yesterday she had some blogger message her asking for a cake and cupcakes for free and she’d upload it on her blog. Is this the norm nowadays? Is this how social media works, people with a few thousand followers think they can ask people/ businesses for free products. 

Yeah, pretty much. There's a lot of back scratching between people trying to make a career for themselves. If your girlfriend was looking to start a business, it would be a good idea to get a blogger to do a write up for the small cost of a few cakes. I get free games from developers to cover, its the same thing

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

There's a Twitter account I follow, "@forexposure_txt" that posts things like this. Everyone from music creators, graphic designers, writers etc getting besieged with people wanting to either pay a pittance or get something for free for the "exposure."

As many people say when replying, a mention doesn't pay the bills or cover the costs. Some people are quite brazen, but I guess it's how you handle it.

14 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Reminds of this story from last year: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/307917

On 16/08/2018 at 23:42, Webbo said:

All depends on motivation and mental capacity. If you intended to terrify Catholics and you're of sound mind then yes.

I probably agree.

Still, there's something I find uncomfortable about blasting 'terrorism incident' each time one lone nutcase is influenced by another more intelligent nutcase.

It relates to this psychiatrist's advice on reporting mass shootings:

You probably seen it. But it argues each time the perpetrator's acts are dramatised it only encourages other nutcases.

Newspapers wants to sell newspapers. TV news wants to gain viewers.

Mindlessly framing the guy as part of a vicious, effective terror network rather than a lone nutcase gets both.

Incredibly rarely have I seen the perpetrator framed as a sad, lonely, manipulated guy with odd youtube habits.

He's seen as strong, powerful and effective. Something that would encourage other nutcases with odd youtube viewing habits.

It seems counterproductive in reducing terrorism, but productive in selling newspapers, gaining viewers and increasing clicks.

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Working a 12½ hour day because a colleague pulled a sicky. Only 4 more hours to go...

How many sickies is an employee generally allowed to have before they get investigated?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Working a 12½ hour day because a colleague pulled a sicky. Only 4 more hours to go...

At least you’re young and fit mate.

I remember back in my retail days doing double shifts and staying late to put promotions in and also working through the night to get new stores ready to open. Madness when I look back on it and no way I could do it now.

Hope you get the time back and some decent R&R after.