Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Swansea (h) Pre-Match Thread

Guest CityFan 06
8 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I'd be tempted to play Ulloa for this. He just seems to be on it whenever we play these at home. A bit like Nuge used to be with Ipswich, you know he's going to score.

I'm think I read somewhere that Leo's scored three in three appearances against Swansea. 

Guest CityFan 06

Yep, Kapustka isn't in today's U23 squad, nor his Amartey. Looking like they both might feature in the squad for Saturday.

13 hours ago, Socks said:

Need to go all guns blazing and win this, got a very busy season ahead and we be winning our home games 

Musa and Vardy upfront and we will score more than them

but they look quite dangerous

We thought that against Hull. Better to play to our system and what we know.

25 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Yep, Kapustka isn't in today's U23 squad, nor his Amartey. Looking like they both might feature in the squad for Saturday.

Hope so need to start giving our younger players chances otherwise prospects might be put off coming to us if they see that we give them little chance to prove themselves.

Would like to see Chilwell and Amartey at least against Swansea, I know Fuchs has played well but Chilwell looks capable of playing against the teams towards the bottom at least.

On August 20, 2016 at 15:17, Vindaloo FOX said:

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Amartey or Mendy but most likely injured . 

Drinky

Musa 

Shinji

Vardy 

That's the team I would pick.

We have depth now so we should pick players to suit the opposition.  Against Arsenal, Albrighton was the right choice because of his defensive capabilities.  Against Swansea, you would hope the tactic is to attack them and take the game to them. Hence, a start for Musa.  Musa shouldn't start up-front because we are such a weaker team without the industry of Okazaki.

Andy King is an important member of the squad but we never get the best out of him when playing him in the middle of a flat midfield.  With Mendy injured I think it is time to give Amartey a run in a position that he played in for his previous club.

After last week, the back-five picks itself.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Sorry if i've been asleep and missed this one but... the club just tagged Ray Clemence in the latest photos of our training. He working for us? 

They deleted, re-uploaded and changed the tag to Mahrez... how on earth do you cock that up! Riyad Mahrez.. Ray Clemence... 

Archived