Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

I'm certainly not trying to put across that I don't agree with you, obviously you're right.

Just stating that Raheem is not one of the greatest footballing models around; this has been stated by both fans and players he used to play with.

Yes agreed. The thing is, I don't get think he needed to do any of this. I don't get the impression he forced the transfer through, Man City were always going to bid for him, Liverpool were always going to accept offers of £40m plus and he was always going to accept their offer.

All the interviews and stuff with the tour was just a bit unnecessary. If it had got to deadline day I think he'd had done an Odemwingie and driven there himself.

Regarding Sterling,

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

I think he knows he is one of the best youngsters around and wants to make the most of his "earning" power but surely he is just a puppet on a string to the real greedy bástards who are milking him for every penny.

Was just thinking to myself, it really can't be that enjoyable to be a City fan these days. The expectancy to smash teams like us, and even if they do.. it comes as no surprise. Suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd prefer if we worked our way up to their level, rather than being given an unlimited war-chest.

Its the little things I noticed last season for example on MOTD - scaled down crowd celebrations if they take the lead against say Us or Hull.

Interested to hear if anyone else would enjoy supporting a club with a 'big club mentallity' so to speak?

Me personally, the unpredictability is what makes it special for me with Leicester.

I'd usually say that that would be balanced by Champions League nights but Man City fans never turned up for them either.

Chelsea fans love the fact that they have bought success over the last 10 years, no shame.

I do get the feeling that for Man City fans it feels a little bit empty and embarassing having struggled for so long only to then be handed unlimited funds rather than working their way to the top table of English football. Its like a football manager cheat.

A billion differs across the Atlantic, so here in the UK it is 1000 million but USA are idiots so they class it as 100 million

Definitions of 1 billion:

Short scale: 1,000,000,000

Long scale: 1,000,000,000,000

The USA has always used the short scale. We used to use the long scale but now use short scale (and have done for a while).

I'd usually say that that would be balanced by Champions League nights but Man City fans never turned up for them either.

Chelsea fans love the fact that they have bought success over the last 10 years, no shame.

I do get the feeling that for Man City fans it feels a little bit empty and embarassing having struggled for so long only to then be handed unlimited funds rather than working their way to the top table of English football. Its like a football manager cheat.

Exactly yeah, that's why I was interested to hear the feedback because when you put things into perspective, Man City were probably what we are now. Been through the hard times in League One, like ourselves.

Its all a bit dull watching Man City these days in my opinion, yeah it was nice to see somebody else win the league, but its worn off now really.

Jordy Clasie looks like going to the Saints for £ 8.5 mil.... With the prices on players in the Prem these days, that is an absolute bargain!!

Once again, superb business by Southampton here.

Southampton apparently replacing Schneiderlin with Jordy Clasie, and about 12m quid change. They've got to be happy with that.

12m EUROS...

You'd have thought Valdes would end up first choice once de gea joins Real Madrid. Bad move Van Gaal.

Bad move Valdes, more like. This was his chance to show Van Gaal that he doesn't need to sign a replacement just yet, but instead, he's thrown his toys out the pram.

The best league in the world would have the best teams and the best players.

Not necessarily. I think the Championship is a great league in terms of entertainment, but it's clearly not got as a good a teams or players as the Premier League, La Liga etc.

Does this PL have the best players? No. Best teams? No. But for me personally I enjoy the style of play, the entertainment, and the drama more than any other league I've spent time watching over the years. And clearly from the advert that's what it's trying to sell it on. The Aguero goal, the Keane tunnel fracas, etc. 

The best league in the world would have the best teams and the best players.

I know it's very fashionable to hate on everything Premier League but the 'best' league is surely defined as the one with the greatest entertainment value.  Backed up by global viewing figures and consequent revenue.  Therefore based on that I'm not sure how anybody could argue that the Premier League isn't the 'best' league in the world.  Just my two cents.

Archived