Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Navas is such a terrible footballer... before anyone mentions him being out of position he's just as shit down the wing... how he is still there/gets a game I'll never know. 

Spanish Aaron Lennon.

Tell you what, for all the talk about how shit the league was last year - this year it's been far worse.

United have gone backwards, Arsenal have gone backwards, Man City have gone backwards, Tottenham are about the same, West Brom are one of the strongest teams in the league FFS.

Arsenal coming back twice to draw the match will no doubt give Chelsea the confidence that they can still beat City and keep Spurs at bay.

No doubt I'll sound bitter but I really do not want Spurs to win the league. Several reasons going back to last season but for the main being that they always resort to mean spiritedness and intimidation when things don't go their way and, certainly in the league, almost with impunity.

Regardless of Spurs' talent and that they play some great football at times, I just don't like to see people in any walk of life being rewarded for being wankers. Just don't like the message it sends out.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't know if anyone has raised this point yet, but Chelsea's defeat yesterday means they've lost more games this season than we did last season on our way to becoming the worst ever champions. 

Someone did I believe but all the same, it's still a point worth making.

Whilst we're on the subject, I find it interesting that Blackburn in 1995 - falling over the line to win by 1 point and Man City in 2012 - literally photo finishing to win on goal difference only because UTD fvcked it up - are not considered far worse PL champions?! Failing that, UTD won it on 75 points in 1997 I believe, etc, etc..

Little old Leicester win by 10 points and always kept things in our own hands but there I go, preaching to the converted...

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Erm. Celtic?  I imagine they'd struggle in the championship tbf. Might finish mid table. 

Premier League?  Behave. 

Celtic? Yeah about as good as Brentford.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Navas is such a terrible footballer... before anyone mentions him being out of position he's just as shit down the wing... how he is still there/gets a game I'll never know. 

Definitely When it's been 3 years and 100 games since his last goal says it all really 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Tell you what, for all the talk about how shit the league was last year - this year it's been far worse.

United have gone backwards, Arsenal have gone backwards, Man City have gone backwards, Tottenham are about the same, West Brom are one of the strongest teams in the league FFS.

Totally agree with you. Only one really good team which was until yesterday romping the league. Even then I wonder how they will cope next year with Champions League and Premier League football in the same week. They've also lost 4 games now, whereas we only lost 3 all season last time round. Fair play to Spurs, they are the only team that hasn't dropped off where they were last year, but equally I think they are still lacking a real leader to make them genuine challengers. If someone is going to catch Chelsea it will be them although I wonder how their ambition to move into a new stadium will affect them. If they made a few more signings they could win it, but are likely to have to do an Arsenal and hold off until they move.

The fact that the English teams are reguarly getting dismantled in the Champions League does tell you about the overall state of teams in the country. However, I actually think that the last 5 years in the Premier League have been awesome! Unlike Spain and Germany, the equal distribution of money amongst teams plus the megabucks from Ambraovich and Dubai mean that the league is so competitive, and surely one of many reasons why we managed to catch everyone by surprise. Kante went to Chelsea, but in the past the top team (like Man United) would just go out and buy ALL of the good players from teams below them to widen the gap. Think of Cantona, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Rio Ferdinand, etc. That doesn't really happen any more which means that team spirit and synergy is becoming more and more important, which is great for the game. I'd rather a wide open league with slightly worse teams than the days of Man U and Arsenal head and shoulders above everyone.

The only annoying thing is that had we not been drunk on our after party we could / should have been in the mix for top 4. Look at our current run - it's reminiscent of last season. I'm not going to blame Ranieri for it though, as I think it's actually the club as a whole that needs to realise that we over did our celebration. Yes it was a truly magical story, but trips to Thailand, the ICC, awarding players with ridiculous bonuses, taking our eyes off our scouting, etc have all played ther part.

Anyway we shall see what will happen, but right now the league is setup for a major new force which could be us! If we can keep the nucleus of our team together and keep the culture that surrounds us intact we can mix it with anyone in the league. The fact that we could keep Vardy and Mahrez shows you how the league is changing. It's not only the top clubs that can get top players now and now even the smaller clubs can keep a few world beaters if they know what they are doing.

29 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Rodgers: Celtic would be among top 4-6 clubs in Premier League
http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/1269529

Whats in the air up in Glasgow?  Joker.

It is to my eternal disappointment that we didn't spank Celtic pre-season, giving them the whole "We're as good as the Champions of England" delusion.

They have always been staffed by players who never made it in the Prem, or who go on not to make it in the Prem.

It is difficult to judge your level when you play in a one team league, though...

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It is to my eternal disappointment that we didn't spank Celtic pre-season, giving them the whole "We're as good as the Champions of England" delusion.

They have always been staffed by players who never made it in the Prem, or who go on not to make it in the Prem.

It is difficult to judge your level when you play in a one team league, though...

To think that when MON, Guppy and Lennon went to Celtic it was seen as a step up

If anything shows how times have changed its this.

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

How are Celtic viewed in Scotland? I can imagine there's a bit of resentment about the amount of fans they have, similar to Man United down here. Is Brendan Rodgers popular outside of Celtic?

Archived