Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

This is classic Brendan Rodgers. He makes bold statements that he knows will never be put to the test just to make himself look better than he really is. His delusions of grandeur seemingly know no bounds.

If I were to counter that Celtic would be mid-table in the Championship at best, equally, who could say I was wrong?

The truth is we will never know.

46 minutes ago, Corky said:

How are Celtic viewed in Scotland? I can imagine there's a bit of resentment about the amount of fans they have, similar to Man United down here. Is Brendan Rodgers popular outside of Celtic?

Brendan loves himself so much he licks himself to sleep 

EDIT:  and That's a view that comes from inside the game

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

How are Celtic viewed in Scotland? I can imagine there's a bit of resentment about the amount of fans they have, similar to Man United down here. Is Brendan Rodgers popular outside of Celtic?

I'm biased, as I hate both cheeks of the old firm arse  lol

With their political banners, standing section and, err "cultyurr" (from another country),  Sellick fans think they are a mixture of the Holmesdale and Dortmund's Südtribüne, when they are just a bit shouty, preachy and entitled.

To be fair to Celtic, they endured a lot of bad times while Rangers were cheating their way to 9 in a row, but to supporters of the rest of Scottish football, the game up here would be more competitive and more compelling if Celtic and Rangers disappeared.  The game up here is in bad shape. It's not all Celtic's fault, but they played their part.

Fans of other clubs probably shrugged as they won the league today. Their own fans would probably not have been THAT excited, they were nailed on all season.

Their fans will never know the utter joy of an unexpected title and they are all the poorer for it.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

It is to my eternal disappointment that we didn't spank Celtic pre-season, giving them the whole "We're as good as the Champions of England" delusion.

They have always been staffed by players who never made it in the Prem, or who go on not to make it in the Prem.

It is difficult to judge your level when you play in a one team league, though...

While I do agree Scotland is very poor standard, not all players are poor. There are plenty of good PL players that have come from Scotland - a few examples at Southampton, include Davies and Van Dijk.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

While I do agree Scotland is very poor standard, not all players are poor. There are plenty of good PL players that have come from Scotland - a few examples at Southampton, include Davies and Van Dijk.

Wanyama, too.

OK, I've defeated my own argument.  lol

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Rodgers: Celtic would be among top 4-6 clubs in Premier League
http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/1269529

Whats in the air up in Glasgow?  Joker.

With the squad they've got now? Not likely. As a club? Probably. Give them a couple of transfer windows in a league with more appeal than the SPL and they'd be fairly competitive. They have their moments as it is in europe, and they'd be absolutely minted with the worlds hard-on for Irish themed bollocks.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Rodgers: Celtic would be among top 4-6 clubs in Premier League
http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/1269529

Whats in the air up in Glasgow?  Joker.

Celtic support wise are a very big club, trouble is lot of their fans are anglophobic and for that very reason there's no way any sane person would accept them being in the EPL. But I'd agree with most people that even though they would have a big following they'd be doing no better than a team like Brenford or Swindon. 

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

spurs sacrificed champions league progression for a top four place.

for all of ranieri's faults in the league this season, i'm really glad he took the champions league serious.

Obviously we took it seriously but under Ranieri but we were very fortunate with the draws we got. Even for pot 1 standards it was favourable.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

All the games, bar Porto and Brugge away could have gone either way also. 

Yup.. our CL + Man City performances were really no better than our PL performances in the first third of the season. Just had far more of the rub of the green.

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

Yup.. our CL + Man City performances were really no better than our PL performances in the first third of the season. Just had far more of the rub of the green.

I always laughed when pundits would say we've been playing well in the champions league, shows they just looked at our results. 

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

spurs sacrificed champions league progression for a top four place.

for all of ranieri's faults in the league this season, i'm really glad he took the champions league serious.

lol they did and how ridiculous it is when you actually think about it, they sacrificed their spot in the same competition they are so desperate to qualify for this season.

Part of me thinks the media are now willfully trying to get Wenger sacked, too - and that they're deliberately fueling the fans' anger.

Why all the hysteria now? Let the Arsenal play and take care of the argument once the season is over.

Apparently we will struggle to keep hold of Ndidi. Arsenal/United etc wanted to sign him in the summer but our perseverance paid off. Looks like he will heading to north London in the summer:(

who am i kiddinglollol Arsenal are a joke of a club. John Percy wrote the article btw. 

Didnt see the other thread, my bad

Paul Clement reminds me a lot of Peter Taylor. Good coach, tactically sound but not a leader of men. He seems far too nice to succeed. I reckon Swansea are going down.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

With the squad they've got now? Not likely. As a club? Probably. Give them a couple of transfer windows in a league with more appeal than the SPL and they'd be fairly competitive. They have their moments as it is in europe, and they'd be absolutely minted with the worlds hard-on for Irish themed bollocks.

The irish thing is interesting.

If they moved to England they would be in danger of losing a lot of fans. Ties to Man utd and Liverpool would be much stronger in Ireland. Only the areas like Donegal and the 6 counties would be the core followers.

The current situation is very bad for them in the long run. 10 years ago regular champions league brought a lot of exposure to them but thats all but vanished now. Vast parts of the countrys youth would hardly care about the scottish game at present.

Just watching MOTD2, and there's was a little bit prior to showing the Merseyside derby talking about Everton challenging them for top 4. The tone of it, like a lot of the talk recently, was very much like they are on the brink. They're 7th, just about hanging on to Arsenal's tail. They are nowhere near getting into the mix of that top six and certainly nowhere near finishing above at least half of those teams. Where the hell has this talk of them being top 4 come from?

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Just watching MOTD2, and there's was a little bit prior to showing the Merseyside derby talking about Everton challenging them for top 4. The tone of it, like a lot of the talk recently, was very much like they are on the brink. They're 7th, just about hanging on to Arsenal's tail. They are nowhere near getting into the mix of that top six and certainly nowhere near finishing above at least half of those teams. Where the hell has this talk of them being top 4 come from?

Pundits love Koeman and back him endearingly especially after the take over and £££ that's apparently floating around that club. 

Regarding Everton, on paper they are set to become a genuine force. They have wealth behind them, a very decent manager with clout in the transfer market, the best striker in the league who has his best years ahead of him and they pinched our Steve Walsh!!! Keeping Koeman and Lukaku could be a challenge but there is a lot of potential there. 

Archived