Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

At Leo's age, I completely understand his frustrations - especially as he's been a bit-part player for quite a while now. He needs first team football. At least his desire to leave is based on that rather than chasing cash.

I do feel conflicted about this though. He signed a contract, and if he can't get in the side it's because he's not good enough. He should honour the contract if the club want to keep him. We shouldn't be under any obligation to sell to a direct rival. Even if Ranieri did tell Ulloa he could go providing we brought in a new striker, it's not like it was written into his contract. Opinions change over time and, as the manager of the team with the best interests of the team at heart, Ranieri is entitled to change his. It's a logical argument as well. He wants a big man and a back-up big man. It's up to Ulloa to outperform Slimani in order to get regular game time. Some say he's done that. I don't agree.

I do think he will go. Maybe we'll pull something random out of the hat to replace him. A last-minute deal for a young, up-and-coming target man perhaps. We have a wide scouting network. There will be someone on the radar who fills that brief. The way our recent transfer dealings have gone makes me think that this won't happen though. We can always dream.

I'll always be fond of Leo whatever happens and regardless of his or his agent's outbursts. He's a title-winner. He was once our record signing. He tore us to pieces the game after we secured promotion from the Championship. He came in and became our first-choice striker (with Vardy deployed out wide a fair bit). He cost a fortune but scored goals (so that was alright with me). He made the ground shake after scoring against Norwich. He played his part in 2 miracles: The Great Escape and the title win.

To me he'll always be a legend and I won't let this situation tarnish my opinion of him. You're a legend, Leo. Good luck with your next chapter wherever it may be.

50 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We don't really know we did lie, even an idiot would know situations can change and that things need to be right for both parties.

Saying we'll help you move on is one thing, but if it's a direct rival it's ridiculous for him to even expect to go there.

He can twist that as much as he wants to look the injured party, but at the end of the day it's what's best for lcfc and not Leo or Sunderland.

Well personally he seems to me to be reasonably honest as a footballer, he kept his mouth shut when brighton kept turning down perfectly reasonable bids for him, he's played his bit part last season. It's all well saying it's what's best for us now he's stuck here but if situations have changed and he has been given assurances we've not followed up on that's poor management by the club. I admit this is me reading between the lines without opening the book but that's what are lot of us are left doing both with this current situation and the wider situation at the club.

Ultimately I don't see how keeping him here is best for us, even if we can force him to play I don't want a player who has done what he's done here any longer, think it's safe to say he's not going to even come close to trying.

it basically comes down to not wanting Sunderland to have him and much like the Jeffrey situation if we are that worried about Sunderland and a player of Ulloas limitations coming back to haunt us to the extent we are willing to turn down 7 million and continue to pay his wages for six months at least I am very worried about where we are at.

Why on earth would a club ever say they'd sell him for well below the market value? They'd damage all negotiation power with a buying club as Ulloa agent would leak it. Unless it's written in a contract I.e. a buy-out clause I don't believe a word of it. Ulloa and his agent are just trying to manipulate a move and clearly the 'gloves are off'.

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I find it interesting how Ranieri has completed gone back on his word when he said "any player who didn't want to be here can go" He must have mentioned that about 5 times during press conferences over his tenure. 

He caveated on a number of times this, but also that if they want to leave, we can find a replacement, then they can go.

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I find it interesting how Ranieri has completed gone back on his word when he said "any player who didn't want to be here can go" He must have mentioned that about 5 times during press conferences over his tenure. 

Easy to say when the only ones considering moving are the ones with 25 million pound release clauses 

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm amazed how much Ranieri gets away with it. That's poor management. Ulloa has let himself down a bit here, but does this situation not signal a deeper issue? The alarm bells were there with Schlupp and they're evident in the performances as well.

I suppose it's down to our "average" players considering themselves somewhat betrayed, looking at the contract extensions that our "star players" have received over last summer. People like Ulloa feel they played just an integral part in our title challenge than your Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Morgan, Schmeichel, etc.

You could call it greed, some would call it "justice" or "fairness".

At least that's the most likely scenario in my eyes.

Also probably the reason why Schlupp left - I think there are more players at our club that don't feel "appreciated" enough. But that's all subjective, mind.

15 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yeah but that was when we were good...

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I for one am totally with Ulloa on this one. Been treated like shit

Yeah... how dare they tie him down and force him to sign a contract and force him to accept 40k  a week into his bank account....

26 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

At Leo's age, I completely understand his frustrations - especially as he's been a bit-part player for quite a while now. He needs first team football. At least his desire to leave is based on that rather than chasing cash.

I do feel conflicted about this though. He signed a contract, and if he can't get in the side it's because he's not good enough. He should honour the contract if the club want to keep him. We shouldn't be under any obligation to sell to a direct rival. Even if Ranieri did tell Ulloa he could go providing we brought in a new striker, it's not like it was written into his contract. Opinions change over time and, as the manager of the team with the best interests of the team at heart, Ranieri is entitled to change his. It's a logical argument as well. He wants a big man and a back-up big man. It's up to Ulloa to outperform Slimani in order to get regular game time. Some say he's done that. I don't agree.

I do think he will go. Maybe we'll pull something random out of the hat to replace him. A last-minute deal for a young, up-and-coming target man perhaps. We have a wide scouting network. There will be someone on the radar who fills that brief. The way our recent transfer dealings have gone makes me think that this won't happen though. We can always dream.

I'll always be fond of Leo whatever happens and regardless of his or his agent's outbursts. He's a title-winner. He was once our record signing. He tore us to pieces the game after we secured promotion from the Championship. He came in and became our first-choice striker (with Vardy deployed out wide a fair bit). He cost a fortune but scored goals (so that was alright with me). He made the ground shake after scoring against Norwich. He played his part in 2 miracles: The Great Escape and the title win.

To me he'll always be a legend and I won't let this situation tarnish my opinion of him. You're a legend, Leo. Good luck with your next chapter wherever it may be.

That's all well and good but if you believe Leo, then the club and Ranieri went back on their word-- can't really blame the guy for being upset.

Maybe he has, but I think Ranieri is right not to strengthen a relegation rival.

There are ways to behave.  Don't disrespect the club and it's fans.

He is being paid thousands per week to sit on his arse with PL title medal on his mantlepiece.  I wish I could be so hard done by.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I suppose it's down to our "average" players considering themselves somewhat betrayed, looking at the contract extensions that our "star players" have received over last summer. People like Ulloa feel they played just an integral part in our title challenge than your Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Morgan, Schmeichel, etc.

You could call it greed, some would call it "justice" or "fairness".

At least that's the most likely scenario in my eyes.

Also probably the reason why Schlupp left - I think there are more players at our club that don't feel "appreciated" enough. But that's all subjective, mind.

It's obvious that Ulloa didn't play as big a part as some of the star names but I think he's got a stronger case than a lot of people on here are saying. Don't forget that we brought in someone who is naturally going to jump above him in the pecking order as a panic buy on deadline day.

I hate agents but Ulloa's was being truthful and at least you can say it's for footballing reasons rather than money.

Now Ranieri's telling Ulloa again that he wants him to stay?

It's not an isolated incident either. For all the stick Schlupp gets, he got the exact same treatment and he ended up being kept here against his will.

I don't have a jot of respect for players who take the piss out of their clubs because they want a bit more money, but both Ulloa & Schlupp I think just wanted games and we were denying them that. I cannot fathom why we didn't sell Schlupp in August.

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Yeah... how dare they tie him down and force him to sign a contract and force him to accept 40k  a week into his bank account....

That's irrelevant. He wants to play regular football and we don't give him that despite our other strikers playing like crap and now we won't let him leave because we can't get any other mugs to join us

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Maybe he has, but I think Ranieri is right not to strengthen a relegation rival.

There are ways to behave.  Don't disrespect the club and it's fans.

He is being paid thousands per week to sit on his arse with PL title medal on his mantlepiece.  I wish I could be so hard done by.

What a stupid thing to say in that last paragraph. Players get berated for.doing exactly that but because Leo actually values his career over collecting thousands for doing **** all he gets criticised by idiots. Take your blue tinted glasses off and see that the club has treated him very poorly

Just now, foxfanazer said:

That's irrelevant. He wants to play regular football and we don't give him that despite our other strikers playing like crap and now we won't let him leave because we can't get any other mugs to join us

You could not be further from the truth.

He signed a contract. He chose to. Why do people think that because someone is a footballer that they dont have to take the rough with the smooth just like any other job? I get that he wants to play. I would too, But threatening to never play again  is not the way to go about getting a move. Its pathetic, really....

I can completely understand why he's frustrated. He's sitting on the bench nearly all season whilst the players on the pitch aren't performing and he's still not given a chance. Anyone in their right mind would be p*ssed off by that.  

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

You could not be further from the truth.

He signed a contract. He chose to. Why do people think that because someone is a footballer that they dont have to take the rough with the smooth just like any other job? I get that he wants to play. I would too, But threatening to never play again  is not the way to go about getting a move. Its pathetic, really....

In your opinion. Sounds to me like he's been promised a lot of things that have turned out not to be true. Think it's easier to jump on the 'modern footballers are only in it for the money' bandwagon. Has he ever struck you as a trouble causerie before when he's been stuck on the bench for months

I was on his side until this. Still appreciate what he did, but not good enough for the future.

The key point here is if he had got a massive payrise like the rest, he would be "happy".

**** him. Do what west ham didn't have the balls to do with payet. Let him rot.

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

I can completely understand why he's frustrated. He's sitting on the bench nearly all season whilst the players on the pitch aren't performing and he's still not given a chance. Anyone in their right mind would be p*ssed off by that.  

Agreed and I made a post a few pages back stating that exactly. I remember an interview some time last season where he said he was happy to stay as long as he was needed and would have an impact. Obviously now he doesn't feel needed and he isn't happy just waiting around picking up a wage for no reason so he wants to leave. Its a real shame the way he has done it but I can't imagine that he hasn't tried every approach with Ranieri. Coming out and appologising to the fans like that, it seems he doesn't want to disrespect the club but in his eyes he has been left with no choice.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What a stupid thing to say in that last paragraph. Players get berated for.doing exactly that but because Leo actually values his career over collecting thousands for doing **** all he gets criticised by idiots. Take your blue tinted glasses off and see that the club has treated him very poorly

If you can defend a player that has gone on strike against your own club then I can't understand that.  He has crossed the line.

By the way, if you had read my post properly you might have understood that I was saying that I would like to be as hard done to he has... oh never mind.

Archived