Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

we all know his form wasnt as good.

but how does that translate to "lazy and shit" ?

is the lazy because he doesnt waste energy running around like a headless chicken?

I feel a lot of his problems last season was he spent too much time defending, he should stay forward with vardy more.

I also feel he plays better when he is central on the pitch not on the wing.

Deny it all you want - live in cloud cuckoo land if you wish, but Mahrez's stats of last season for goals, key passes, assists, succesful dribbles AND work rate were massively down on the previous season. There is a clear correlation between a lower work rate and end product. 

If you were aware of this stuff we wouldn't be having this argument - you can find it it black and white. You don't have to trust me; look at it yourself.

The title winning season where he was one of the best players in Europe, he was playing wide.

This preseason he is looking good again and would have no objections to keeping him, but will mean either Gray or Lawrence will end up going. If he truly wants his big money move to a top club I would suggest to stay 1 more season and actually put a shift in, earn the move and go.

So question is, should we keep him and risk losing either or both top young English prospects.. or sell him and put our trust into 2 young lads who lets be fair aren't quite ready for a full season.

I'm leaning to selling him, but the club is right and they have to consider the cost of a potential like for like replacement and that would be in the region of £50m.

20 hours ago, the fox said:

i would rather he stays than go to roma. a move to roma is a little underwhelming imo. but he wants CL football and roma isn't a small club

Granted they are not a small club, but I don't think he had the likes of them in mind when he gave out his statement.

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

He will he's already said he wants to go and he was getting slated last season for not working hard enough. Same will happen this season.

Well that might be true in the wacky made up fantasy world of foxestalk, but in the real world, at the ground, there won't be any slating, booing or anything else. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Have we ever had 200 pages on a player leaving. In fact have we ever had a 3 figure thread on a player leaving?

The problem is everything that is said now has been said 10 times before!  Same old same old same old.  If this runs down to the wire this will probably run to 300 pages or more??

Corriere dello Sport today:

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/calcio-mercato/2017/07/23-28289859/calciomercato_roma_solo_mahrez_monchi_punta_tutto_su_di_lui/

Mentions the 30 million Euro bid by Roma.

Despite Roma's turnover this summer with the sale of Salah and Rüdiger, I doubt they will or can invest equally in new players. Apart from the usual suspects, most Italian teams are usually not known for paying over the odds (Milan being a bit of the exception to the rule this summer). Keep in mind that Roma are massively in debt with £180m.

A shrewd businessman like Monchi will want to wipe out that debt first, so the club becomes a much more attractive proposal to potential investors.

Let's also remember that the transfer fees paid by Premier League clubs in no way reflect the true value of the player (see Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea this summer) and that clubs on the continent tend to pay less money for the same quality of player by default.

He is not able to attract the right sized bids.  His agent seems to  have got him painted in to a corner.  He will not be sold on the cheap.  

IMO rudkin should ensure that all contracts have a clause to stop the player or his reps form tapping up clubs as this leads to a lack of focus and commitment by the player - they should be suspended on no pay until it stops.

(NB: Further I believe that say 33% of a player wages should be put into a trust until they either reach the end of their contract, are sold by he club, or, they sign a new contract.  IF they agitate to leave then this will be forfeited as they have signed to commit to the club for say 4 years they would be in breach if that commitment is not met (...for any reason).)

IN this case the actions of mahrez and his agent have breached his commitment (and duty of care) to the club (as he seems more interested in boosting the chances of arsenal - a competitor) and he should be fined until it stops.  This woulds send out a clear message. Firm yet fair (... we have paid his wages every week)

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

He is not able to attract the right sized bids.  His agent seems to  have got him painted in to a corner.  He will not be sold on the cheap.  

IMO rudkin should ensure that all contracts have a clause to stop the player or his reps form tapping up clubs as this leads to a lack of focus and commitment by the player - they should be suspended on no pay until it stops.

(NB: Further I believe that say 33% of a player wages should be put into a trust until they either reach the end of their contract, are sold by he club, or, they sign a new contract.  IF they agitate to leave then this will be forfeited as they have signed to commit to the club for say 4 years they would be in breach if that commitment is not met (...for any reason).)

IN this case the actions of mahrez and his agent have breached his commitment (and duty of care) to the club (as he seems more interested in boosting the chances of arsenal - a competitor) and he should be fined until it stops.  This woulds send out a clear message. Firm yet fair (... we have paid his wages every week)

A lot this makes so much common sense that  it will never happen and there is no way agents or players would stand for anything like this.

If a player is toilet and on a long contract, Clubs are stuck with the individuals.. If the player performs well and fancies a move, despite they are on along term contract giving them security, the Club gets shafted. This is football.

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

A lot this makes so much common sense that  it will never happen and there is no way agents or players would stand for anything like this.

If a player is toilet and on a long contract, Clubs are stuck with the individuals.. If the player performs well and fancies a move, despite they are on along term contract giving them security, the Club gets shafted. This is football.

You are right... yet i remain aghast re two things

1. When mahrez signed his new contract we agreed to pay him 100k pw or whatever... in return for his commitment to play for us for 4 years (at our option)... if he us now going back on that he should return his wage increase.  

2. All employees have a duty if care to their employer. His agent and any otbet vlub ahould not conspire with him to break this duty if care.   They would be liable if these actions lead to a loss to our club ie a loss of mahrezs services and a sale at a lower value.

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

You are right... yet i remain aghast re two things

1. When mahrez signed his new contract we agreed to pay him 100k pw or whatever... in return for his commitment to play for us for 4 years (at our option)... if he us now going back on that he should return his wage increase.  

2. All employees have a duty if care to their employer. His agent and any otbet vlub ahould not conspire with him to break this duty if care.   They would be liable if these actions lead to a loss to our club ie a loss of mahrezs services and a sale at a lower value.

About had a stroke trying to read that lol 

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well that might be true in the wacky made up fantasy world of foxestalk, but in the real world, at the ground, there won't be any slating, booing or anything else. 

Nobody would boo but I heard a hell of a lot of fans slating him last season when he was just walking around the pitch and rightly so. It won't change this season. 

18 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Showed his class again today.

Some of the comments from our own fans about letting him go, him not working back and Gray can replace him just

demonstrates complete stupidity or lack or understanding.

To to be fair people were only basing their opinions on how he performed last season which, in comparison, was woeful compared to the season before.

The later this drags on, the more Roma will be determined to offer more.

It's as if the ball is in Roma's court currently, with us seemingly willing to listen to decent offers if they do come either from them or someone else.

Click-bait or reliable? Rumour or truth in it? I don't know but apparently we've gave Arsenal and Roma a 11th August deadline.

Leicester City give Arsenal and Roma final ultimatum over signing Riyhad Mahrez

• Reports suggest both clubs have until 11 August to do business.

• Mahrez could be Arsenal's first-choice alternative to Thomas Lemar.

July 23, 2017 17:17 BST

Leicester City have told Arsenal and Roma they have until 11 August to meet their asking price for Riyhad Mahrez or the player will remain at the King Power Stadium for another season.

Mahrez has already announced his decision to leave the Foxes this summer, eager to pursue to a fresh challenge a year on from the club's historic Premier League title success.

Arsene Wenger revealed in June he was considering a bid for the Algeria international, while Roma have already made an offer for the player, reported to be worth €23m (£20.6m, $26.8m), that was "politely declined" by the Premier League side.

Reports in Italy have suggested Roma have already agreed a deal with the player and are confident an improved offer of €30m will bring the 26-year-old to the Stadio Olimpico. That offer could fall short of Leicester's valuation of the player, however, with Leicester asking for an offer between €35m and €40m.

But with no official word on a deal, Leicester have now given both Roma and Arsenal an ultimatum, according to Il Messaggero: Either meet their demands before their Premier League campaign officially kicks off on the 11 August or forget about the transaction.

Coincidentally, Leicester begin their Premier League campaign on that date away to the Gunners.

Roma, who completed the signing of Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov on Saturday, are keen to bring in a replacement for Mohamed Salah, who completed a club record move to Liverpool earlier this summer.

Arsenal meanwhile have made Monaco star Thomas Lemar their next priority signing, having already brought Alexandre Lacazette to the club for a club record fee.

Monaco, however, have already rejected two bids from the Gunners for the 21-year-old and are determined not to let another one of their prized assets leave following the departures of Bernardo Silva and Tiemoue Bakayoko, who have joined Manchester City and Chelsea respectively.

Mahrez is believed to be Arsenal's next option down the line. "Have we made a bid for him? No. Not yet. Not yet means it could happen, it could not happen," Wenger commented on the Leicester star in June. "It's been a different season this year but it doesn't take anything away from his qualities."

Arsenal have made just two additions to their squad to far this summer in Lacazette and Sead Kolasinac.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/leicester-city-give-arsenal-roma-final-ultimatum-over-signing-riyhad-mahrez-1631547

The fact the bloke can't spell Riyad correctly doesn't make me think it's too reliable but it's news, something i've not seen rumoured before so worth posting.

Archived