Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

The Claude Puel Era - what will he bring?

NOTHING Is Puel completely mad?

Does he really feel that Chilwell is better than Mahrez? moving Gray into the middle the man did not complete a forward move all night.We had a decent but slightly fortunate goal and one other shot by Mahrez on goal that's all.Nothing else on target.

We needed a change of organisation and shape.He gave Slim just 4 minutes FFS and even in that he held the ball up twice and if if we are going long and Allbrighton is hooking in crosses he is a target.

West Ham and the fans had a go which was expected .We will survive probably 14th but its going to be dul as dishwater.

Riyad will on his toes now for sure.

• Like 1

We ain't going to go anywhere with him in charge,  he plays far too safe and cautious to the point of us been unable to win games and more likely to lose them. Expect to be back to square one next season when we reappoint Pearson,  who else is crazy enough to work for our current owners? 

That second half from a managerial point of view was a sham. West Ham were so dire and he made the negative sub of bringing Chilwell on and then waiting so long before bringing on a striker. I'm genuinely worried if he actually thought a point against that was a decent result.

• Like 2

Ok its obvious that Puel is trying to change the way we play and have us play through the midfield instead of hoofing the ball forward which considering the constant moaning on this forum over the last 18 months has to be a positive thing surely.

I know its an old cliche but i think to be successful with this change it will take time....possibly a long time...possibly to long for us to give him a chance due to the impatience of fans and owners these days for immediate results.

I agree that tonight when the game went against us second half it wasnt the time for pretty passing and a plan B was required.....a plan B that should have been our previous plan a with balls over the top for Mahrez Vardy and Gray to chase. We were not good enough or composed enough in the second half to play a passing game through midfield and theres no shame in us admitting that and trying a different tactic (Puel has to see this and not be so Stubborn in his philosophy and approach).

I think once a proven passing player like Silva is in board and Puel brings some of his own players in this style of play will suit us more and more. 

Lile i said it takes time to bed in and in that time we will have second halfs luke tonight....we will also be battered by the big clubs trying to play the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Arsenal at a game that they play 100 times better than us is foolish.

Sadly I dont see any of the good, the bad and the ugly changing during this transition process so we just need to accept it or reject it. I do think though that this way is only going to see us hovering around mid table for the forseeable future as loads of other teams around us play the same way and its only got them so far without the best players like the top 6 have.

• Like 4

I think he should be given a chance to stamp his own identity on the team. This will take time, patience and player recruitment and squad departures.  This cannot happen as quick as some would wish.

• Like 1

January window will be the point that he can start to stamp his changes on the club, let’s hope he not too shy in coming forward because at present we look mediocre in the extreme.  If his track record with Southampton is anything to go by then it’s going to be the steady build approach which is frustrating for some but sound for others. Let’s just hope he gets the support and chance from the club!

44 minutes ago, GloverFox said:

January window will be the point that he can start to stamp his changes on the club, let’s hope he not too shy in coming forward because at present we look mediocre in the extreme.  If his track record with Southampton is anything to go by then it’s going to be the steady build approach which is frustrating for some but sound for others. Let’s just hope he gets the support and chance from the club!

Why are people deluding themselves with such statements - i'm not aiming that at you personally, i'm saying it in general, i've seen a few people make such claims.

Listen we've been dire in the transfer market on a whole for the past 3 windows.

While Rudkin and his team are still here, nothing with change in that regard. We will continue to fail.

I said when we sacked Shakespeare - whilst Shakespeare was well out his depth and need to go it was pointless sacking him when Rudkin and his team are still employed/when we appointed Puel he will be working with his hands tied.

In reality you don't do much great business in January as it is, so give the people responsible for transfers their last chance in a January transfer window would be harsh but I think but on the other hand I think they've been given enough grace as it is and they want to thank themselves lucky they're still in a job.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

4 games.....

It's taken 4 games for some posters on here to write of the new manager. 4 games which we have won one drawn 2 away and lost to one of the best sides the countries seen in the last 20 years. I know managers don't get much time  these days but this is a mental reaction. What's next deciding  a mangers shit in the first half of his first game?

It has got to be a record even for the morons on here. Anyone with the tiniest shread of knowledge about football knows You don't go from a direct long ball system to a more possession based system overnight. There will be a period of bedding in. So relax and give him time. 

Tbf we are only seeming to turn up for the 1st half in games, 2nd halfs have been non-existant.

...i'm joking, i'm joking. (Well i'm not, it's been clear to see we've been poor in the 2nd halfs but I was being sarcastic shall I say)

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Ok its obvious that Puel is trying to change the way we play and have us play through the midfield instead of hoofing the ball forward which considering the constant moaning on this forum over the last 18 months has to be a positive thing surely.

I know its an old cliche but i think to be successful with this change it will take time....possibly a long time...possibly to long for us to give him a chance due to the impatience of fans and owners these days for immediate results.

I agree that tonight when the game went against us second half it wasnt the time for pretty passing and a plan B was required.....a plan B that should have been our previous plan a with balls over the top for Mahrez Vardy and Gray to chase. We were not good enough or composed enough in the second half to play a passing game through midfield and theres no shame in us admitting that and trying a different tactic (Puel has to see this and not be so Stubborn in his philosophy and approach).

I think once a proven passing player like Silva is in board and Puel brings some of his own players in this style of play will suit us more and more. 

Lile i said it takes time to bed in and in that time we will have second halfs luke tonight....we will also be battered by the big clubs trying to play the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Arsenal at a game that they play 100 times better than us is foolish.

Sadly I dont see any of the good, the bad and the ugly changing during this transition process so we just need to accept it or reject it. I do think though that this way is only going to see us hovering around mid table for the forseeable future as loads of other teams around us play the same way and its only got them so far without the best players like the top 6 have.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. People were too stupid to realise that this is what it looks like when you try to play out from the back. It's predictable, it's pedestrian, it's boring. We haven't got the players to play beautiful flowing football that way and, contrary to the parts not in bold, we never will.

People are blinded by watching Spain, Barcelona and Man City and think that's how it's going to look when we do it. But it's not the case.

The best we can be playing that way is the way Southampton have been over the last few years. Decent, but not that good. Not hideously boring, but not that exciting. A bit above average. But it's limited.

We need a better plan A, not a plan B. It's not passing out from the back. It's not hoofball. It's aggressive pressing and quick transition from defence into attack. It's good players being programmed to get their head up early and look for positive passes immediately. It's about prioritising chance creation.

Just maybe people could accept that Ranieri was a genius for getting us to play a way that no one else did (until he went senile and stopped doing the right things).

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

I thought I’d not post last night as I was so dissatisfied with our performance and had been drinking. A nights sleep hasn’t really made me feel much more measured. We made West Ham look vaguely competent. We were awful. Gray was a petulant child who believes currently he’s better than he is and Puel trying to transform Danny Simpson into a running, ball playing right back is just stupid (despite the fact he played extremely well last night defensively) Taking Mahrez off sealed the draw when 442 with Okazaki/Slim for Gray was clearly the pressing option to secure a win. The decision to bring on Chilwell was just morbid and cowardly. I think Puel right now is a ****. Whilst I agree it’s early days and stamping his own and a much needed different brand of football on Leicester is necessary- the personnel he has at his disposal to play his brand of football combined with the formation was drearily dire. I’d rather he introduced one or the other not a change in formation and style of passing play at the same time. I’m not a Puel fan right now.