Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Won't be too popular on here with many I suspect. But I'd like to see Spurs win the title this season. :ph34r:

I actually agree.

Man City - they bought it, including buying our best player.

Liverpool - their insufferable fans thinking they are back at the top table? Just no.

Spurs - they've won nothing for ages. Poch and Kane sign off in style.  

As long as Alli and Co don't do that sodding high five routine for the rest of the season, they'd have my vote.

• Like 2

Just now, Md9 said:

Spurs can win the league only if we can win the fa cup ?

Lol.

I know we have some hate for spurs but deep down i think we can all admit they are an exciting team. Their fans must love watching their games week in week out. On that point im jealous but it also must be frustrating to be so good and have nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Lol.

I know we have some hate for spurs but deep down i think we can all admit they are an exciting team. Their fans must love watching their games week in week out. On that point im jealous but it also must be frustrating to be so good and have nothing to show for it.

it's the spurs way :D

• Like 1

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Lol.

I don’t want them to win anything mainly because my wife’s brother is a spurs fan and one of the twatty ones ? so don’t want to listen to him being a dick when they win something lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I actually agree.

Man City - they bought it, including buying our best player.

Liverpool - their insufferable fans thinking they are back at the top table? Just no.

Spurs - they've won nothing for ages. Poch and Kane sign off in style.  

As long as Alli and Co don't do that sodding high five routine for the rest of the season, they'd have my vote.

I have no problem with Liverpool winning it. They play beautiful football and don't act like ten year old girls when they score a goal.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Spurs can win the league only if we can win the fa cup ?

Not a chance I would not give them my shite. 

27 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol.

I hope your not including me in your We. But I will cheer if they go bust. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Everton at the same stage last season under the terrible Koeman then Allardyce combo ... played 18 … points 26.

Everton this season under the very gifted and very young Marco Silva who has spent an absolute fortune …. played 18 … points 24.

Be careful what you wish for.

I was just about to write a similar thing.. so I will!

Marco Silva was hailed as the next best up and coming young foreign manager.

Just imagine the meltdown this forum would be if we’d conceded 6 goals...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was just about to write a similar thing.. so I will!

Marco Silva was hailed as the next best up and coming young foreign manager.

Just imagine the meltdown this forum would be if we’d conceded 6 goals...

We still have arguments when we win at Chelsea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I have no problem with Liverpool winning it. They play beautiful football and don't act like ten year old girls when they score a goal.

I wouldn't mind seeing Liverpool win it tbf. I like Klopp and I like Salah and it's been donkey's years since they won the league so they're about due one. Anyone but a London club for me really..

• Like 4

The top 6 are way ahead of the rest. There's some negative folk on here and social media but Spurs didn't open us up that easy. 6 goals ffs. 

The bracket we're in, inconsistent, we all lose some then win some. It'd be lovely to finish 6th but I still think it'll be Manchester United.

Interesting to see the Everton result because that's a good team to compare ourselves against. They have a slightly higher transfer outlay and wage bill than us but are realistically a team that is probably competing for 7th along with about 5-6 other sides including us.

Comparing the table from last year to this year we are almost in exactly the same spot though this time round we haven't (yet) sacked a manager. But we do have Man City to play as our final home game before the first half of the season is done and so could fall to as low as 12th depending on how results go.

Whilst I would thus far rank our season as a C+, I do think that the direction our club is going continues to have a positive outlook. Everton and West Ham spent both big bucks on expensive established players with the exception of Richarlison and Felipe Anderson who are quite young and probably have decent resale value. Wolves have been very impressive in patches but I'm happy our club is not to a super agent's "Get More Cash" scheme. Watford started very decently but have an ageing team and Bournemouth I think have been terrific but with their small stadium have a lot of infrastructure work to do before they consistently reach the next level. This year Burnley have been shocking and I think are in for a tough season. We've been quite steady year to year.

Compare that to us and though results and performances on the pitch have been indifferent and matches often boring to watch, our overall improvement as a club is going very well indeed. We have a very young team and two young-ish signings in Ricardo and Maddison have slotted into the team seamlessly. Ben Chilwell is the league's second best left-back and Hamza Choudhury slotted in against Chelsea and looked like he had been in the first team for years. All of our key players are on long-term contracts and two of our loaned out players in Harvey Barnes and Filip Benkovic are doing so well that fans of both clubs are begging their chairmen to sign them. Not to mention that work has begun on our state of the art training academy and finalised plans for our new stadium development are due any day now.

I think that with the players we have we are under performing, but I think our club strategy is going to pay big dividends in a season or two, probably when the upgraded KP and new training centre are open. So even though there is definitely room to ask for more, I think it's worth having a "glass half full" outlook on our club, because I think overall we continue to move in the right direction.

hNMb4Owl.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Not a chance I would not give them my shite. 

I hope your not including me in your We. But I will cheer if they go bust. 

We can agree to hate in spurs (no argument there) but they do play attacking fun football. Cant deny that.

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

We can agree to hate in spurs (no argument there) but they do play attacking fun football. Cant deny that.

I would not know I'll only watch them when they play us. Also the sooner Poch fvck's off the better. It won't be a big six then. 

• Like 2