Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

22 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Im not as anti Jenas as many but their is something hysterical about him when things go against Spurs, like with the gk timewasting just then he did actually sound like he was about to throw a tantrum and start crying ??

His claim at the end about Ajax’s midfield in the second half was utter deluded claptrap

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

His claim at the end about Ajax’s midfield in the second half was utter deluded claptrap

Was it?

The midfield had tailed off and I presume just very knackered from the first half performance and the pressing. Schone looked shattered hence coming off and they couldn't really get near the ball, hence Ajax just hoofing it up the field anyway as the game closed out and as Tottenham pressed for the equaliser. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Was it?

The midfield had tailed off and I presume just very knackered from the first half performance and the pressing. Schone looked shattered hence coming off and they couldn't really get near the ball, hence Ajax just hoofing it up the field anyway as the game closed out and as Tottenham pressed for the equaliser. 

Spurs had a twenty minute spell at tops, and then quickly tired. The language he used was plain daft. If he said Spurs neutralised that would have made more sense than ‘capitulated’ 

Ajax' style-of-play is similar to LCFC'S under Rodgers currently.

Smooth, quick and easy on the eye.

Hope they go on and win it.

Can't imagine the media love-in if Liverpool do somehow manage to win both the Champions League and PL..

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yep. Bet they don't get half the grief we got for Madrid either.

Yep. I do wonder just how much the media will pick up on it. Or will it just be played off as 'banter' which will be idiotic and not calling out for what it actually is. 

Think it was criminal how Vertonghen was let back on the pitch. You can clearly see the lads in a different world and shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the pitch again. 

It's going to take someone getting seriously hurt for better rules to be brought in.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I see some Liverpool fans have been absolute twats yesterday in Barcelona. 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Just hilarious scouse banter ain't it. 

Just saw a video of Liverpool fans misbehaving. 

:nono:

Given their tragic history, you would think, of all fans anywhere, that Liverpool fans would have a massive taboo on acting the arsehole whilst abroad. 

If, for example, Scotland fans can generally "police themselves" and have a largely trouble free but still very boozy trip, you would think that the Scousers would call out and eradicate such stuff, but they do it again and again. 

They make it very difficult to like them. 

• Like 1

Ultimately it's where fans of British clubs go too far. 

You'll have Dutch and German travel in huge numbers this week - they will stand and chant in a central area. They won't however abuse locals or tourists. Imagine if the uproar here if some poor tourists was lumped in a fountain outside Buckingham Palace. 

Police from abroad have different ways of dealing with it. Some will pick out the trouble makers and arrest them. Some will just contain it all to one area and be happy their city gets an Economic boost. The Spanish however they go for everyone. You'd think English fans abroad would have wised up by now 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It was primarily their fans having a go at us in Madrid as well from what I read online. Was the first time I started to see why Liverpool were very disliked.

Generally english fans abroad are a disgrace really, not everyone I know but its more than just a couple of knobheads, if you include those that laugh and go along with it. We seen it for ourselves, in Seville I remember one local guy on a bike getting a lot of unwanted attention. I think he saw the funny side and went along with it but it wasn't nice. Not hard to have a good time, enjoy a drink without disrespecting the place your visiting and abusing people just enjoying a holiday or locals.

Worst thing about the culprits is that they are 'adults' not just late teens/young adults playing up.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ultimately it's where fans of British clubs go too far. 

You'll have Dutch and German travel in huge numbers this week - they will stand and chant in a central area. They won't however abuse locals or tourists. Imagine if the uproar here if some poor tourists was lumped in a fountain outside Buckingham Palace. 

Police from abroad have different ways of dealing with it. Some will pick out the trouble makers and arrest them. Some will just contain it all to one area and be happy their city gets an Economic boost. The Spanish however they go for everyone. You'd think English fans abroad would have wised up by now 

Dutch and German fans are amongst the worst behaved. 

There's always going to be a few that take it too far, it's just highlighted more these days with social media. 

**SOME GERMAN AND DUTCH**

Edited by Stuntman_Mike