Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

Couple of question marks over his defending at times but he's a clearly very talented footballer, especially for someone who is a defender by trade. While I wouldn't condone it in every game I do wonder if there's a case for Amartey right back and Pereira right wing in games we're the underdogs.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

While I wouldn't condone it in every game I do wonder if there's a case for Amartey right back and Pereira right wing in games we're the underdogs.

It would seem to be the best option particularly if we don't manage to get a new winger in. 

Chilwell + Albrighton on the left, Amartey + Pereira on the right gives a nice balance of ball-playing fullbacks and wingers with defensive capabilities on both sides.

Injury to any of them can be covered by Fuchs on the left and Gray on the right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Couple of question marks over his defending at times but he's a clearly very talented footballer, especially for someone who is a defender by trade. While I wouldn't condone it in every game I do wonder if there's a case for Amartey right back and Pereira right wing in games we're the underdogs.

Presumably considering the way they were used last night that’s what Puel is thing for Manu

Definitely need to be patient in terms of easing him into the prem in terms of defending, different gravy to other leagues.

He's used to playing for a team that's pretty dominant in the Portuguese league and moving to a side who won't see nearly as much of possession so lets give him some time.

Just now, Lovejoy said:

I think he's going to be a joy to watch. I don't blame him for Shaw's goal, anyone who saw Shaw's post match interview would agree it was a fluke as he admitted it lol.

If you we’re to be hyper critical, Rachid could’ve helped Pereria a little more on the initial run from Shaw

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I think he's going to be a joy to watch. I don't blame him for Shaw's goal, anyone who saw Shaw's post match interview would agree it was a fluke as he admitted it lol.

Agreed. 

I thought the blame for Shaw's goal was down to Ghezzal not tracking him. Granted, Perriera was out of position too but Shaw is Ghezzal's man there.

• Like 4

Just now, Jonezy said:

Shaw got the luckiest bounce and then proceeded with a world class finish. Stuff happens.... Hard to blame anyone for that.

For someone who had never scored a career goal, he was through on goal first half too so he could have ended up with two. Worrying.

I thought he was great! Yes he was at fault for their goal but so was Ghezzal and you’re talking about two players that have played with each other for less than 4 days. Even then Shaw’s first touch was super lucky, though it was a good finish. 

Considering he played “out of position” I thought he was truly terrific. Didn’t look like a player making his competitive debut for the club and was full of energy, quality and intent. 

Agree with others that he’d be better at right back but honestly if he can play like that against Man United as a winger he can do that too. I’d say he’s about Albrighton level as a winger with better technique but worse crossing and that is meant as a compliment!

Perhaps the only regret tonight was not lining up Ricardo / Albrighton or Ricardo / Ghezzal from the off, but the second goal shows you why Puel chose this team. And you can’t blame Puel for the penalty.

A really good addition to the team :appl:

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind seeing Albrighton play ahead of Ricardo (him playing at RB) tbh. He's going to bomb on, with Albrightons crossing ability and defensive work it could work out. I imagine Ghezzal will be the option for RW though. 

Need to persist with Gray and I think we will see an improvement. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Albrighton play ahead of Ricardo (him playing at RB) tbh. He's going to bomb on, with Albrightons crossing ability and defensive work it could work out. I imagine Ghezzal will be the option for RW though. 

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night

1 hour ago, 80's fox said:

We've still the problem of being very weak at attacking crosses. There needs to be much more work in training on this otherwise it's easy for the opposition to let us have it out wide.

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He had a very good game further up the field. I agree with people saying Shaw's first touch for the goal was a fluke, but Ricardo was tucked up infield too close to Morgan before that which gave Shaw the space originally. Still, a highly promising debut. 

Agree. A very good debut!

Edited by mozartfox
why not