Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Brighton Match Thread

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

He gets on my nerves, clueless man. 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Is that stat true the commentator just come out with, we’ve not scored from open play all season!

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Commentator just say we've not scored from open play all season? Utter load of rubbish that is.

HE SAID DURING THE FIRST HALF ....

no reason we should conced a second .... keep it tight and try to manage the ball .... don’t expend too much energy chasing around aimlessly ....being vards on for the final twenty and try to nick an equaliser .....

Just now, st albans fox said:

HE SAID DURING THE FIRST HALF ....

no reason we should conced a second .... keep it tight and try to manage the ball .... don’t expend too much energy chasing around aimlessly ....being vards on for the final twenty and try to nick an equaliser .....

Yes, he then followed it up saying "no goals from open play all season".

I think its time that we have to put emotions aside and as a club start thinking logically again. What happened was a tragedy no doubt but it doesn’t mask the fact that for the best part of a year Puel has looked tactically inept and there has been no signs of anything improving. Todays bizarre team selection has proven that and the team are playing like a bunch of strangers with no faith in the system or the manager.

Its past time that Puel leaves. He has to go.

Well that was utter shite. No goals from OPEN play in the rfirst half all season. Spineless and uninspiring. The BHA goalie just emailed me wanting to know the anser to 17 across and could someone get him a new DVD, he is rather bored.

4 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Feel sorry for all of our fans who went to the game today 

At the game and yeah it’s a sombre mood here. Felt like they only scored following a passage of sloppy play giving the ball away and then Maddison’s sending off has made us turn against the ref. I’m guessing it was an obvious dive though because Maddison does it every game. 

Very little to get excited about either before or after the goal. 

Can’t see a way back now but at least this stadium has free WiFi!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Our problems are few and far in between:

- Injuries (Vardy, Maguire)

- Bad disciplinary record - something the manager needs adressing

- No punch up front, partly due to Jamie Vardy not up to speed and Okazaki on his own rather ineffective

- Too lightweight in midfield and defensive areas (Gray, Maddison, Ricardo, Ghezzal)

- Several players underperforming or not featuring at all (Silva, Iborra, Okazaki)

- Weak bench

Not looking too good. Reminds me of Stoke in their last PL season.

You see i've been wanting to post something like this for a while, several times i've written something out then deleted it all because I couldn't be doing with the backlash or people who wouldn't comment back and probably be derogatory or just talk down, but as someone else has mentioned it i'm going for it - I won't go into much detail, there is little point but what I will say is people took the piss out of Stoke and West Brom and the likes of those teams but we're becoming one of them, it's boring, it's predictable - Ironic that people claimed we'd become predictable thus Puel's style and changes were needed, imo we're even more predictable and susceptible...

Edited by Matt

Just now, vanity said:

This is too painful to watch. There is none of the verve, none of the attacking flair that we have seen at times this season. Putting Shinji at striker was such inspired stupidity IDK what to say. 

Wow, we haven't scored from open play in the 1H all fuching season? Astonishingly poor, did not realize that, blecccch.

Verve and attacking flair??? really? we are good at passing it around at times but we are not an attacking team, we flatter to deceive and prefer to do safe passes, unless Albrighton is on then he will lump it across the opposition box :tumbleweed:where our often single striker plus sometimes Nacho ball watching will be out of position due to our dull strategy of ball retention.

• Like 2

I'm surprised by some of the comments I'm reading. Yes, we've been poor for much of this game so far but I'm not reading more into than that. It's not the end of our season. We've just come off an emotional couple of weeks, a couple of injuries have meant a bit of a change, and Maddison's sending off (no complaints BTW) has disrupted us further. Let's see what the 2nd half brings, we''re still on for an 89th minute winner (perhaps undeserved).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

At the game and yeah it’s a sombre mood here. Felt like they only scored following a passage of sloppy play giving the ball away and then Maddison’s sending off has made us turn against the ref. I’m guessing it was an obvious dive though because Maddison does it every game. 

Can’t see a way back now but at least this stadium has free WiFi!

Unfortunately it was a dive. Deserved a red. Embarrassing.

Maddison is massively overrated. 

• Like 1

Seems to be a ref bias here. I have no problem with him giving 2 yellows to Maddison but he hasn't been giving yellows to Brighton players. Ndidi yellow for his first tackle. Murray must have 5 or 6 fouls against him with no yellow.

Colour commentator has been  bumming Brighton since before the kick off.

Iborra and Evans made costly mistakes. 

Up front we haven't been dynamic. Maddison quiet. Gray not moving or dribbling, Shinji probably finished.

Brighton already time wasting.

Very frustrating.

We're no worse than them, but need to attack, attack, attack.

We could still win this but as before the game I'd be happy with a draw.

BTW it's not Puel's fault that Maddison got sent off - like with Vardy and Morgan beforehand.

Not sure why Ref is allowed to ref exactly the same match after sending our player off in the same fixture last year.

11 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Maddison needs to go back to the drawing board. He’s completely changed since August/September. He needs to go back to doing what’s best for the team and not continue playing for himself 

He's yet another bang average signing,makes me piss Barnes ripping it up Wba and plays with a purpose,and we have that fookin poser dancing about in midfield,i'd beat him in a race over 25yards

• Like 1