Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Brighton Match Thread

To many people give the manager a free pass, discipline is down to leadership.

Yes players have made poor discisons, but if it continues it down to the manager, not setting the standard that are expected.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Just now, coolhandfox said:

To many people give the manager a free pass, discipline is done to leadership.

Yes player have made poor discisons, but if it continues it down to the manager, not setting the standard that are expected.

"Okay James, I want you to concede two yellow cards in quick succession"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We haven’t had a single shot, on or off target, all half

;)

I know, it's a shambles. The commentators have mentioned multiple times how animated Puel has been on the sideline screaming for them to get forward. The start of matches is usually quiet anyway as teams size eachother up. The logic behind Vardy was sensible, the reality of Maddison being an idiot has hindered that logic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The reds we have had have not been to do with poor club discipline. 

Both of Morgan's reds were to do with him making poorly timed challenges. 

You're just being ridiculous now. 

Two players have got second yellows for simulation in just over a year, that is poor discipline and stupidity. It hardly helps Puel's case by using Morgan as an example, Morgan is uncomfortable stepping out and has been sent off twice as a result, asking Morgan to play in a system he's not suited to is a major flaw.

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Our squad at present is just horrendous. So many players that should have been binned off in the Summer starting games and making the bench. 

Shameful performance so far.

Whilst I agree, you can't make people leave and if they're on a well paid contract, they won't want to leave and clubs won't match their wages. A good example would be the ageing Silva and Iborra, no one in Spain or Portugal are going to be able to match the wages they're on here. Both very poor buys.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

If he’s fit enough to be on the bench he’s fit enough to start. It’s that simple. 

No it isn't, because football isn't black and white like that. Theres not only 2 options 100% fit and 0% fit. 

You can be fit enough to play 20 mins, 45 mins, 60 mins. It depends on the individual player, Vardy had a strain and hasn't been training at full fitness. I thought you had more common sense than this.