Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

1 minute ago, stillwater said:

Ghezzal offered more in his cameo than Gray did all game, if anyone is robbing a living it’s Gray and maybe even Maddison, the pair of them need to realise that they haven’t made it to the top yet and need to stop blagging a career in football and start to ply to the talents they both poccess 

Yep, I'd drop Maddison for Ghezzal at Everton straight swap.

• Like 1

Mix of good and bad. He played 2 or 3 lovely little passes which took multiple Cardiff players out of the game, but you can intersperse that with the terrible quick free kick, powder puff finishing and error for the goal.

He was a panic buy and I don't think he will be a success (imo his only use is in games like today where he comes on when we are chasing a goal), but to scapegoat him today is a bit disingenuous as there were worse performers 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

haha serious?

I do think so and he certainly wasn't one of the worst. I never was thrilled by him, but the bashing he's getting here on almost daily basis is absolutely awful. Same for Nacho. He's not Mahrez and will never be, people should understand that.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ghezzal has some talent, but is basically totally ineffective in this league. He should be playing his trade at the Ricoh.

For a supposedly forward looking player, he takes an age to get a shot away and when he does have time, hits a back pass to their keeper.

If Puel can't see that he is out of his depth then the manager needs to go. 

• Like 1

Don't rate him on the wing but when he came inside I thought he looked quite useful and quick at interplay. Decent as a number 10 if Maddison goes off or, as he's played there before, a far better option than the woeful Nacho. How he even makes the bench is beyond me. Ghezzal created shooting opportunities for himself,  Nacho watches all the work going on all around him just hoping that the ball might drop for him by chance.

• Like 1

Ghezzal is no Mahrez, therefore our fans are not happy.

I think he has shown a lot of what he can do, it just isn't often enough yet. I am happy to give him time, he's barely had a run in the team. Gray has in comparison and not set the world alight.

We have a lot of young players that need developing, no point sending them off after half a season.

He does have a tendency to forget about defending but Mahrez was the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Yay another shit thread bashing one of our players who actually was one of the best today.

I don't think he was one of the best. He was better than Gray but that wasn't hard with how Gray seemed to be the most tired of the squad despite having played the second least amount of football over the Christmas period after Soyuncu.

I'm bewildered as to the amount of stick this fella is getting. He's clearly not pulled up any trees but we're so quick to write players off. Yes he made a little mistake for the goal yesterday but he did ok when he came on and got in great positions. He also decent at palace when he came on. I'm willing to give the guy a chance 

• Like 1