Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

So nickname.....the older generation of fans will call him "Ginger", sci-fi geeks will call him "Buck" and the rest of us will take amusement from the fact that Rodgers is another phrase for "makes love to". First run of bad results and the "R" will no doubt become a "T". Welcome to Foxes Talk Brendan, and you thought the Scots were a potty bunch!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

Hopefully we will give the man time. All I want is a steady end after this fractous and tragic season. Brendan will have the summer to mould the team he likes. 

Brendan will have the summer to prepare for our European adventure. We're going to end up 7th this season and get into the Europa League. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

Can't believe how many people are exited by this tbh. 

Average manager at best. 

I think it's really a case of "it's not Puel anymore". We could be appointing Steve Cottrell and there'd be a section considering it an improvement (unless they want to admit they were wrong about how anyone could do better). But, I'm not expecting any positivity about him to last beyond the first 5-10 games once the relief at a change has worn off

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It feels weird sacking someone and having a replacement lined up

Doubly weird that most are pleased with it

This is going to be a disaster isnt it? lol 

LOL. Perhaps, but let's be honest no one was excited when Puel was appointed. Over time I personally did respect a lot of what he was trying to do, but you just never ever got the feeling that he could be the man for us. He just didn't have the personality for it.

Rodgers could turn out to be an even bigger train wreck in time, but his appointment actually makes me excited. His Swansea and Liverpool teams were great to watch! We've all seen the pinnacle of what our club can achieve in the miracle title win, but you know what turning up every week to see my team trying to play some good stuff and getting me on the edge of my seat again... yeah that would be pretty good! Even if we are "just" mid table, if we are having a go and trying to put the opponents under pressure than I am a happy camper.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

So nickname.....the older generation of fans will call him "Ginger", sci-fi geeks will call him "Buck" and the rest of us will take amusement from the fact that Rodgers is another phrase for "makes love to". First run of bad results and the "R" will no doubt become a "T". Welcome to Foxes Talk Brendan, and you thought the Scots were a potty bunch!

After "Fraude Poo-hell", my money is on "Brenda Todgers".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

LOL. Perhaps, but let's be honest no one was excited when Puel was appointed. Over time I personally did respect a lot of what he was trying to do, but you just never ever got the feeling that he could be the man for us. He just didn't have the personality for it.

Rodgers could turn out to be an even bigger train wreck in time, but his appointment actually makes me excited. His Swansea and Liverpool teams were great to watch! We've all seen the pinnacle of what our club can achieve in the miracle title win, but you know what turning up every week to see my team trying to play some good stuff and getting me on the edge of my seat again... yeah that would be pretty good! Even if we are "just" mid table, if we are having a go and trying to put the opponents under pressure than I am a happy camper.

Agree.  I'm pleased with this.  Actually feels like the club have acquired a target thats fairly high up on their list

• Like 1