Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Will be interesting to see how Norwich and Sheff Utd get on, I can see the relegation battle be between a good 6-7 teams this season

As long as we're not one of the 6-7, I'm not fussed. 

• Like 1

I think Brighton will surprise a few, Potter’s shown a lot of promise and their squad is better than people think; it’s just that Hughton played with the handbrake on.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Palace will be safe as we gift them 6 points every season.

Not any more we won't.

The days of us being turned over by Palace and Bournemouth season after season are over.

• Like 2

Surely one of the best responses to a question by a footballer 

interviewer ‘what would you have been if you hadn’t been a footballer?’

Crouch ‘a virgin’

funny guy, I’d imagine a media career awaits which he’s already started with his podcasts

Unless Ashley goes before Feb 1st they are as good as down IMO. Especially if Bruce gets the gig. I've already stuck money on them to drop! 

Brighton might be better under Potter, who knows. Unknown quantity at the moment, but they need to spend more on better players. 

Villa will stay up. My guess right now would be 10th-15th. A lot of money spent converting loans already. They're not much stronger than when last season finished at the moment. 

Burnley will surely struggle again. They can't keep signing Championship standard players and over achieving every season? Can they? 

Palace will struggle for goals without Zaha, but Hodgson knows how to organise a team to be hard to beat so I think they'd still just stay up. 

Newcastle/Brighton/Sheff Utd for me. 

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Good deal for them that. Has his injury problems but a very decent striker at this level 

Yep, might be best bit of business they do all summer. His goals are valuable to them.

57 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Delph off to Everton for £8-10m by the looks of it. Might be a shrewd move, bit of a utility player. Mind you after that Ridiculous tackle at our place last year, they’re welcome to him!

And now he’s gone Everton he won’t be playing for England any more. GET IN

• Haha 2

If Wilson wasn’t injury prone Bournemouth wouldn’t be able to keep hold of him.

14 goals and 9 assists in 29(1) apps last season which is a superb return.

I can't decide on Villa. Got a feeling they could totally unravel at some point and fall to bits.

Newcastle will go. Sheffield United will be this year's Cardiff I think - they will not disgrace themselves at all but ultimately won't have enough.

Really struggling to pick a third. I think Brighton will be OK. I want to say Burnley but their form in 2019 has actually been really decent (Joe Hart is genuinely a curse). Crystal Palace I think are in trouble if Zaha goes.

Can't decide on Norwich either. They play some great stuff but I can see them having the worst defence in the league. Reckon they're the prime candidates to ship 7 at Man City.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can't decide on Villa. Got a feeling they could totally unravel at some point and fall to bits.

Newcastle will go. Sheffield United will be this year's Cardiff I think - they will not disgrace themselves at all but ultimately won't have enough.

Really struggling to pick a third. I think Brighton will be OK. I want to say Burnley but their form in 2019 has actually been really decent (Joe Hart is genuinely a curse). Crystal Palace I think are in trouble if Zaha goes.

Can't decide on Norwich either. They play some great stuff but I can see them having the worst defence in the league. Reckon they're the prime candidates to ship 7 at Man City.

Villa will either be a Fulham and flop or be fighting further up the league.

The league is really difficult to predict this year, so many teams have the potential to prosper or fail badly

• Like 1