Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

On 05/04/2021 at 12:30, Fox in the North said:

Doubt it, additional expenditure up by £1.8m taking total spending on expansion plans are £4.4m. Doubt you’d spend that much to have second thoughts.

It's worth remembering that the stadium extension is only part of the overall site development including indoor arena etc. I would have thought that they would knock this out in one go construction wise as opposed to being phased in.

As for the arch/engineering fees, it's backs up my point that the owners intend to submit the planning app in full as well as the site as a whole together with engineering applications and site works etc.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Really need to get this done now, let’s hope we here some good news soon.

Why rush? Get everything in place and see how or if footballing habits change post Covid before committing to building

10 minutes ago, dayday said:

Seems like we have been talking and planning for ages.

Our fan base is huge now, and there’s a lot of fans out there who are desperate to watch us but carnt.

This is definitely the right time.

Don't think you fully understood me there. I'm saying, we don't know if habits will change post Covid, so rushing into a development designed with how the norm was wouldn't be overly sensible. 

I'd prefer to take a little time and get it perfect than rush and get a bodge.

Just now, splinterdream said:

Because people like myself are waiting for a season ticket, thats why 

An expansion doesn't guarantee you a season ticket.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't think you fully understood me there. I'm saying, we don't know if habits will change post Covid, so rushing into a development designed with how the norm was wouldn't be overly sensible. 

....I would believe it would greatly improve the chances!!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I would believe it would greatly improve the chances!!!!

Ofc it would, but doesn't guarantee anything. 

We need an expansion, just prefer we took time to get it spot on than just proceeding. 

On 05/04/2021 at 21:34, yorkie1999 said:

I’m not surprised, with foreign holidays and trips abroad probably out the window for a few years, every man and his dog is going to want to go the football once it’s safe to do so in this country. We’d be crazy not to do something about increasing capacity during the summer break

Completely agree with this.

I think football is likely to experience the kind of attendance boom seen after WWII where attendances ballooned the minute competitive football restarted. We need to take full advantage of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Why rush? Get everything in place and see how or if footballing habits change post Covid before committing to building

Why rush? Top wanted this done 10 years ago and still nothing, jesus wept we should be looking at knocking it down and building a new one by now.

Someone needs to put their hand in their pocket and start spending.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Rush and get a bodge? This has been in the pipeline line for an eternity. 

If anything there's going to be more of a demand post Covid IMO -  build it big and build it quickly. 

Log into FT to see what everyone is moaning about at the moment.. then suddenly you see the 'Stadium Expansion Progress' thread has a new post! OHEMGEE yes some details or even pictures!! CLICKBAIT GET MY HOPES UP. fml

logs out for the day pissed off. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Spudulike said:

Great place for the King Power Hotel. 

Hope this doesn't become residential before the stadium expansion happens as the new occupants will be objecting to any planning applications. 

I would be surprised if we don’t buy it just to stop something like that happening 

• Like 1

I can’t see why they can’t buy the entire area from filbert st onwards! Make a fortune on accommodation. Could team up with DMU and build something on a smaller scale to what Leicester uni are doing on the other side. Link the stadium nicely to thousands of students if there were to build an arena and retail 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Great place for the King Power Hotel. 

Hope this doesn't become residential before the stadium expansion happens as the new occupants will be objecting to any planning applications. 

If the club are already in discussions with LCC, highways and the utilities (which I imagine they will be for such a big project), then new people in a resi building there won't affect the outcome. 

1 minute ago, Gravel said:

Could retrieve the ball that Perez skied near the end of the Chelsea match while up there.

And Jeff Schlupp’s shot versus Everton lol 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Id imagine they have already , i  know the  original  plans didn't include this as it wasn't for sale for a few years. Maybe that's why we have another delay  with plans changing to incorporate this area?

They should really snap that up, would mean thay have all the land from Aylestone Road to the river, huge development potential for the club! Wouldn't even cost that much in football terms.

Noticed Citroën have cleared out opposite the North stand too, perhaps they should get that too and use it for a new club shop lol

What we need is for the pylons opposite the stadium to be removed, I'm sure part of the approval for the Bede Island development was to put/take them underground. 

Mind you they were also supposed to build a bridge to the Boulevard so that Bede traffic in and out didn't go straight on to Upperton Road.