Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yes agreed but now it will be in front of a half empty anfield against a load of youth team players managed by some coach. Definitely not the same for the players and the 8k fans that will be traveling.

Surely it will still be a full house, Liverpool fans can't normally get tickets to games. I agree, not the same, but they really have a chance to take it to them and get through now. Liverpool don't care about anything but the league and secondary, CL.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

The state of Liverpool fans agreeing with Klopp on Twitter, delusional idiots. Klopp is a whiny sad little man. 

It's not really a surprise that. Remember they defended a racist - players, fans and club. 

Football fans can not objectively remove themselves form their support. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's not really a surprise that. Remember they defended a racist - players, fans and club. 

Nah not surprised, sums them up that it isn’t a surprise tbh. 

52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Precisely this. Klopp could call for an increase in replays, second, third replays if there's a draw, and Liverpool fans would agree with him. Klopp could behead a small animal and (some) Liverpool fans would agree with him. It's exactly the same as (some, emphasise some) fans would do the same with our owners. Defend at all costs, no matter what.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Sorry, I can’t believe I’m hearing this argument from arrogant Premier League fans talking about scrapping replays. Absolutely shocking attitude and Savage right to call people out on 606.

I listened to 606 last night. I'm glad Savage was in agreement that they should stay, as he said it obviously comes from his lower league days at Crewe.

What I didn't agree with was that first Tranmere fan saying "everyone in the PL thinks they should be scrapped". I think it's just the managers, not the fans.

58 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I listened to 606 last night. I'm glad Savage was in agreement that they should stay, as he said it obviously comes from his lower league days at Crewe.

What I didn't agree with was that first Tranmere fan saying "everyone in the PL thinks they should be scrapped". I think it's just the managers, not the fans.

Sam the co-commentator just didn’t have an argument.

’Yeah well aren’t you as a lower league team wanting a higher percentage of progressing by ditching a replay?’ 

Who’s to say penalties at the end of a game will increase your chances of going through vs a replay? That’s assuming 50/50 odds on penalties vs assumed lesser odds of winning over 90 minutes. Either way if you’re taking pens or playing 90 minutes vs Man City or Liverpool, you’re not going to be the favourite; so if I’m a lower league team I’m wanting the financial backing of a replay, 100%.

Liverpool and Man City should deal with the fixture congestion problem the way they do everything else, throw money at it and have three squads of players. Their concern versus an owner in non-league trying to keep a club afloat are minuscule in my mind.

Get your shit together, Jurgen et al.

Edited by KFS
  • Like 2

It doesn't bother me if a manager puts out the kids, reserves, veteran's team or whatever- the manager has the choice of whoever he wants. It is his risk.

But at least turn up and do the courteous thing- let the reserve manager train the team, turn up 30 minutes before kick-off having not been to the training ground- have some respect for your opponent and not flounce off because you're having to play a match you knew could happen.

Bournemouth are a hideous cup team. Why any of their fans go to any of their cup games I'll never know. 

Since they got into the PL the furthest they have got is the 5th round in the FA cup, including 3 consecutive 3rd round exits to Millwall, Wigan (the infamous Up the tics c'mon game) and Brighton. 

League Cup isn't much better, knocked out in the second round by Burton this season, Preston in the second round a few years ago. Highlight has been two QF defeats away to Chelsea. 

And it's not like they can play the "we're avoiding relegation" card as this season is the only season so far they're in big trouble. Horrid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1