Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Luton Town (A) pre match

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I hope you are joking. We would get beat with that team...

I'm just amazed at the teams some posters are coming up with!

Last year Puel got slaughtered on here for playing second string teams.

We got beaten at Newport, and some people think the team we should put out should contain several players who haven't played more than a few minutes this season! 

We need a full strong team please BR. Yes the P/L is important, but decent cup runs should be a priority this season. I think we've a really great chance of winning either cup this season, but it'll only come if we take it very seriously. Most P/L teams will give priority to the P/L, or their European ambitions, so we should be one of the strongest teams in the cups this year.

Playing the likes of Armarty, Benkovic, Mendy, Iheanacho (ye gods!) & Gray in the same team is like putting out a 9 man team.

Maybe give Justin a go, and rest Maddison if his injury needs rest. Otherwise I'd play the same team as against Spuds. If Maddison is out, I'd put Albrighton on the wing and move Perez just behind Vardy.

I reckon Luton will be well up for this. We're away from home and it'll be a P/L scalp for them.

Put out of full team and that takes away the confidence boost Luton will gain by playing our fringe or second string players.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Presuming Maddison is out I'd keep the team largely the same though I would rest Evans as he's one of our most important players this season for me. Probably bring in Morgan. Vardy also could do with a rest, he worked very hard against Spurs so I'd play Perez in his role and hope he scores as this would boost his confidence. Albrighton probably would replace Perez's role. Maybe bring in Praet for Maddison and push Tielemans further forward?

• Like 1

We can rotate and put out a side strong enough to play any championship team. Evans Madders and Vardy should be rested, others might be.

I expect to see something like this:

Ward

Justin Morgan Soyuncu Fuchs

Chouhury

Albrighton Tielemans Praet Gray

Perez

Bench to include Pereira, Mendy, Iheancho, Barnes, Vardy

Must play Benko.  Needs game more than Wesain Bolt.  The Newport Team was full of deadwood and slower at the back than a Trabant. We can make 6/7 changes and with the correct attitude come through this. Take them lightly and we will be dumped out.

• Thanks 2

Listen, I know you're all very scarred by Newport. But. This is a squad game. We play our best 11 every game in a season, we'll end up like Wolves are right now. There's absolutely no excuse not to rest at least a few of our older/tiring players (e.g. Tielemans, Evans, Vardy) in order to preserve momentum for later on in the season. A team like

Ward

J.J Benkovic Soyuncu Chilwell

Tielemans Hamza Praet

Barnes

Iheanacho Perez

Has plenty of quality and young, hungry players with a point to prove. It would do fine against an utterly disillusioned Luton that sits 21st in the Championship and just got pumped 3-0 at home by Hull. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Must play Benko.  Needs game more than Wesain Bolt.  The Newport Team was full of deadwood and slower at the back than a Trabant. We can make 6/7 changes and with the correct attitude come through this. Take them lightly and we will be dumped out.

This is something that a lot of scaremongers don't realise or refuse to acknowledge. The B team we sent out against Newport was full of has beens and players who had no drive and were just past it. Hamza was the only player trying to accomplish something outside of Ghezzal. But we have plenty of young squad players with a point to prove that should seize their chances, particularly Benkovic as you say.

• Like 1

I'd go second string. You lot are pussies. This is Luton Town we're talking about.

Ward

Amartey

Morgan

Benko

Chilwell

Mendy

Praet

Tielemans

Gray

Iheanacho

Albrighton

Put Vardy, Madders and Choudhury on the bench just in case we need them. 

Ward

Justin

Evans

Benkovic

Fuchs

Albrighton 

Hamza

Praet

Tielemans

Barnes

Iheanacho

That’s a fairly strong team still, can see Rodgers going with a diamond though to get more players that need minutes in.

Call me a sentimental old sausage but I’d like to see Justin get a game. 

Also maybe try Perez up along with Vardy in a classic 4-4-2 (with Maddison injured/rested).

Kaspar/Ward - either is good

Justin - sentimental

Soyuncu 

Morgan/Benkovic - Evans is too old to play too often!

Chilly/Fuchs - either is good

Barnes - see him as an out and out winger

Tielemans 

Praet - no need for fully blown CDM

Albrighton/Gray

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

Albrighton  Praet  Tielemans Gray

Choudhury

Fuchs  Benkovic   Morgan  Justin

Ward

Should be good enough to be a struggling Championship side. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think we already have a pre match thread ...........

20 minutes ago, KingsX said:

and still on the front page of the forum ...

merge.JPG.a22639571966a1b880b02893ccbf687c.JPG

Some people will say that @Phube is unobservant, some will say he's just lazy, but I call both.

Its a tough one as we don't want a repeat of Newport (cant see that under Brendan though to be fair) but we will need our squad players as the season wears on so they will need some game time. For me id go.

Ward, Justin, Soyuncu/Benko (depending on where Benko is with fitness), morgan, Fuchs, Hamza, Tielemans, Praet, Albrighton, Barnes/Gray, Iheanacho. 

Some have suggested us playing 4-4-2 but i cant see Brendan moving away from our usual formation and tactics either the 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3. Our squad is still learning Brendans methods so would be pointless changing formations or tactics if it's not something we plan on doing throughout the season. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury

Barnes

Praet

Tielemans

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Subs: Gray, Perez, Vardy, Johansson, Benkovic, Ndidi, Leshabela

Can't see YT playing in this? 

With Maddison injured surely BR won't risk Youri getting clobbered too? 

Just now, weller54 said:

Can't see YT playing in this? 

With Maddison injured surely BR won't risk Youri getting clobbered too? 

Yeah was thinking that, suppose he could whack Mendy in there or Leshabela? Choudhury, Praet and Ndidi would be turgid though.