Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (H) pre match

1 hour ago, ultrafox said:

Wonderful stuff!  Some people just cannot handle the fact we are a Powerhouse of English football at the moment. :thumbup:

I'm going to put it on my favorites and track it all week.

When your smiling.. :scarf:

I find AFTC (Arsenal fan TV) compulsively comedic at the moment as well as Everton thread, which is pure gold.

Think the Germans have a fancy word for it.

Edited by FoxFossil

16 minutes ago, dayday said:

But they have no right to belittle us when they have done nothing for years.

Yea of course not most of the fans who do that haven’t seen their team win anything whereas most of us, even young kids have seen 3 league titles atleast. I know who I’d rather be, it’s especially annoying with teams like Sunderland whose glory days were literally before world war 2

31 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

This.

Despite the attractive direct football we are playing let’s not become so cocky that we can simply dismiss any other team.

Tough division - we all know this.

Agreed. We are favourites but they're better than their league position suggests. Weren't they 8th last season?

51 minutes ago, weller54 said:

They're really not better than their league position suggests.. Why do you think they are? 

Based on where they finished for the last 3 seasons. I think that's a better guide than their current position.

Right now they're beneath Villa and Newcastle.  I don't think they'll be down there at the end of the seasion. They've got some decent players but it's not working for Silva.

I reckon we'll win but expect it to be more like a Bournemouth than a Newcastle.

3 hours ago, Eamonn said:

Agreed. We are favourites but they're better than their league position suggests. Weren't they 8th last season?

They really aren't better than their league position suggests. They have some very decent players but no idea of how to play as a team. If this was not so logic would suggest they would be higher in the table. They fully deserve to be wherever they are. Things won't change until they ditch their useless manager.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 22:33, Corky said:

They've had a much more appealing fixture list too, especially compared to us. They've had two of last season's top six, we've already played five and have 15 more points.

They've lost a combined 6-0 to the three promoted teams. They have no excuses for their form so far.

That is genuinely amazing. It's one thing us being better than them but it's so substantial it's barely beyond belief.

3-0 Leicester.

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That is genuinely amazing. It's one thing us being better than them but it's so substantial it's barely beyond belief.

Barely beyond belief, meh.  I want totally, massively beyond belief.

• Like 1

I think it's possible Everton may be a little better than their current position (they could hardly be worse) but unless the inevitable Silva sacking happens, it's still a game a team with CL pretensions should handle comfortably.  Don't be overconfident and don't expect 5-0 wins as a regular occurrence, but this is a team in the relegation zone that's not 100% healthy and a manager on his last legs - you have to take care of business.

If Silva does get canned, then you have reason to be cautious.  New manager (even interim) bounce is a real thing.  You should still win but I'd expect more resistance.

• Like 1

Everton are crying out for a manager who knows what they are doing and they'd have the nucleus to challenge for the top 6. That squad on paper is good enough, Marco Silva however has been abysmal there. 

Hold fire for one more week please. We'll send him packing.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Everton are crying out for a manager who knows what they are doing and they'd have the nucleus to challenge for the top 6. That squad on paper is good enough, Marco Silva however has been abysmal there. 

Hold fire for one more week please. We'll send him packing.

Yes. I would love for them to get their new manager bounce with Liverpool and Chelsea!

• Like 2

Fancy Everton's issues are also at a boardroom level, they just exhibit through Marco Silva.

Owner wants quick results, and this is getting more and more difficult.

Clubs like ourselves and  Wolves show big names and big bucks is not the only way.

Everton have been negligent in their ownership duties for too long, they need to play stop trying to play catch up and build.

• Like 1