Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (H) pre match

21 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Eveton are a shambles but a word of warning. They have been a tough nut to crack at the King power. They have got something from 3 games out of 4 since promotion. (I would dismiss the May 2016 game given the circumstances). 

Never really understood this line of thinking, tbh. The group of players on both sides have almost completely changed since those fixtures. None of those games had the same pair of managers in the dugouts. All talk of 'bogey' clubs fixtures is just looking for patterns where none exist - there are very, very few circumstances where one team has a direct tactical advantage over another over a long period.

All that matters is where the two clubs are right now. We're flying high and on the up, they're having a torrid time and seemingly have very little direction. Of course, it's football so anything can happen on the day and we need to be at our best, but there's no benefit from dwelling on past performances which literally hold zero bearing over how this fixture is going to pan out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Anyone expecting anything other than a really tough game might well be in for a surprise

this won’t be easy

I think if we score early they'll absolutely collapse. They lost at home to a team that's only scored 1 away goal in the league all season.

If we turn up fully committed which we will do, we'll out-work and out-play these I have no doubt. I fancy we'll run out clear winners by 3 or 4 goals.

9 hours ago, Xen said:

Never really understood this line of thinking, tbh. The group of players on both sides have almost completely changed since those fixtures. None of those games had the same pair of managers in the dugouts. All talk of 'bogey' clubs fixtures is just looking for patterns where none exist - there are very, very few circumstances where one team has a direct tactical advantage over another over a long period.

All that matters is where the two clubs are right now. We're flying high and on the up, they're having a torrid time and seemingly have very little direction. Of course, it's football so anything can happen on the day and we need to be at our best, but there's no benefit from dwelling on past performances which literally hold zero bearing over how this fixture is going to pan out.

Whilst in broad agreement we havent won at Arsenal  for more than 40 years  even lost there when we won the league will be very interested when we play there which will test your  theory 

Flew from NZ to England last year for this fixture. After beating Newcastle 2 nil away, went to King Power really confident. Wes was sent off and we lost 2-1 to an average Everton.  Then again, we had Claude at the helm and didn’t have any midfield creativity.

7 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Whilst in broad agreement we havent won at Arsenal  for more than 40 years  even lost there when we won the league will be very interested when we play there which will test your  theory 

That’s likely because Arsenal have been a better team than us for about 38 of those 40 years. 

The games when the manager is in this sort of invidious position tend to go one of two ways. 

Either, Everton will come out fighting and make it horribly difficult, sneak a deflected goal and win 0-1, or they will effectively down tools, knowing that Silva will be gone by the next match, and it'll be a comfortable 3-0.

We could get a hat-trick of managers dismissed in December. Silva on Sunday, Watford on Wednesday after we demolish them 5-1, and Pellegrini at West Ham later in the month after a 1-3 away win is the final nail in their Essex coffin. 

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think if we score early they'll absolutely collapse. They lost at home to a team that's only scored 1 away goal in the league all season.

If we turn up fully committed which we will do, we'll out-work and out-play these I have no doubt. I fancy we'll run out clear winners by 3 or 4 goals.

agree on another day Everton can give us a game but with both teams current situations I expect us to score first and probably early in the first half as our team is full of confidence and chances, we are absolutely ruthless at the minute and I can't see that stopping against an out of form Everton.

4-0