Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Everton (H) pre match

Looks like Silva will still be in charge for them in this match so at least they won't get that initial bounce feeling after sacking the manager. they will hopefully as useless as the Norwich game. as long as we play to our strengths and keep switched on this should be a comfortable win.

26 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

They probably don't want their new manager's first game to be away to the division's form side!

In which case he's safe in his job for a while longer, as after us it's Liverpool and then Chelsea. Even United have picked up again lately and then they've got us a second time, before Arsenal.

If anything, now would probably be a good time to bring in a new manager. Let them have a month of 'free hit' games while they work on preparing the players for the new/preferred style of play, then hope that they can earn back some points when their fixture list eases up.

3 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Looks like Silva will still be in charge for them in this match so at least they won't get that initial bounce feeling after sacking the manager. they will hopefully as useless as the Norwich game. as long as we play to our strengths and keep switched on this should be a comfortable win.

Isn’t the next game for them after us the Merseyside Derby?. 

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

They probably don't want their new manager's first game to be away to the division's form side!

Is probably the genuine reason. Watford put in Flores for two games, the second of which was against Man City, whom they had lost 6-0 to in the cup final. Cue an even worse defeat, and the manager losing the dressing room in record time. Everton's next fixtures are Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Leicester (cup) then Arsenal. I reckon they will wait till Chelsea which is their next home game to have their next manager in charge, with possibly a caretaker in for Liverpool if we smash them on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Is probably the genuine reason. Watford put in Flores for two games, the second of which was against Man City, whom they had lost 6-0 to in the cup final. Cue an even worse defeat, and the manager losing the dressing room in record time. Everton's next fixtures are Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Leicester (cup) then Arsenal. I reckon they will wait till Chelsea which is their next home game to have their next manager in charge, with possibly a caretaker in for Liverpool if we smash them on Sunday.

They might also consider that Silva has masterminded some decent results against the so called better sides and if he can somehow kick start a few results during this run then it might be a shrewd move, he'll be gone in the new year i'd have thought anyway.

6 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Seems like they can’t decide between Moyes or Hughes 🙈🤣🤣🤣

i'm just staggered that they haven't sacked Silva yet.  i really expected them to bullet him before our game and get someone in and settled ready to face us.  They surely must see us (rightly or wrongly) as the best chance at some points in their next few games, so why persevere with a manager that looks to me to have completely run out of ideas?

2-0 win, no shots on target by Everton, Silva sacked by Lunch time on Monday.

They are currently on their arses, manager has arguably lost the dressing room and there is obvious talk about him being replaced. I don't think this will act as any kind of rejuvenation at all, if we turn up and play our "A" game, considering the relentless nature of our attack, they could be in for a very, very long afternoon.

• Like 1

I really wish this was the early Saturday kick off, perfect fodder for us to make another statement to the rest of the Prem. Being the main slot on Sunday, I have that uneasy feeling that they'll scab a result vs us. Madness I know, Rodgers will have the lads revved up to take bodies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestLothianFox said:

I seem to remember lots on here wanted Silva as our manager in the past. Hands up all the guilty ones please

I did. 
His managerial career in Portugal is superb, did well at Olympiakos and did a pretty good job at Hull too. Shite at Watford and Everton