Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

I get the feeling Justin is just more comfortable on the right hand side. 

Sometimes looks a bit lost on the left and when there's no space to run in to when going forward, there's not really a role to play other than just sit back in the LB/LWB position and try and keep things simple. 

I'm not gonna class him as 'not good enough' or write him off so soon as other fans will, but let's just say he has a lot of learning to do. When he comes good, we'll all be glad he's done so with us. 

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 17:59, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I rewatched the match today, and his first 25 mins was really poor. I don’t criticise him for the first goal, but he gave the ball away a lot, and dived into tackles leaving us exposed. He’s learning on the job, and I’ve patience to allow him to evolve, he has great potential for the future.

You rewatched it?

Already?

That is above and beyond the call of duty.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sometimes looks a bit lost on the left and when there's no space to run in to when going forward, there's not really a role to play other than just sit back in the LB/LWB position and try and keep things simple. 

I'm not gonna class him as 'not good enough' or write him off so soon as other fans will, but let's just say he has a lot of learning to do. When he comes good, we'll all be glad he's done so with us. 

He will come good.

It's just too early for him but he's being forced into being a starter.  We really need Ricardo back and in the meantime he will get targeted.

11 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Looked every inch a league 1 player today. One of those where he’s realistically never going to play RB for us while Timmy/Ricardo are here. 

a useful squad player but he can’t be a starting option at LB if we’re going to challenge for top 6. 

The whole point of squad players is that they are starting options when better players are injured and at the moment Ricardo is injured. so your statement is a bit of contradiction. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agree. But the worst element of him as a left wing-back is that he gets the ball in positions where we really want Barnes to be getting it. The oppo must be delighted when they see who is going to run at them out of the two.