Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

It isn't a worldie though, is it. It was an amazing strike of the ball, but hardly surprising a player of Riyads ability can hit a rolling ball into the net from 18 yards under no pressure at all. The clearing header has to be better (or the keeper claim it, I think that's probably fair)

Edited by Fktf

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

We've signed a fantastic versatile defender who can apparently play anywhere across the back 4 to a decent premier league standard. The exciting thing is, he's only going to get better. 

Yesterday was his best performance, I felt our whole defence worked well together, it was good to see 

His aggression in our 2nd goal just sums up the evolution of this team. He is dynamic and fits the systems we play. He has a long way to go to be the finished article but keep abusing him as he usually pops up 2nd half with a goal, assist or a huge hand in a goal for us.

Solid yesterday, a great team player. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Corky said:

He's playing a lot more than he would've anticipated since he joined but I think it's good he's learning on the job and is getting up to the Premier League level required.

It's a huge step up and he's still adapting, plus he's played in five different positions so far (wing-back on both sides, full-back on both sides and in a back three).

He's not Ricardo or Castagne clearly but he's got qualities that have been evident in the past six months.

Good post. 

Agreed he isn’t anywhere near Ricardo and Castange also looks a lot better than him. I think this is another ‘Mendy’ situation. We’re blessed with a couple of really top drawer full backs which makes anyone who isn’t quite as good look very average. Justin is good, I doubt he’ll ever be as good as Ricardo but not many players will. 

If he was at Newcastle or someone similar people would likely be saying we should be looking at him in January/Summer. 

Read through the match thread earlier. Can't believe how much carp was written about him in the first half. The lad is learning still, but learning fast. He is such a useful player and in the second half completely nullified Mahrez.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, l444ry said:

Not his fault Riyad scored a worldie from his clearance. Think you are being a bit harsh on Justin. 

Agreed. Someone should have been ready to get out to Riyad— he had so much time on that shot. Kasper was yelling for someone to watch out for him before the corner was taken. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It wasn’t that long ago, a new Portuguese RB was being criticised for being bad defensively but good going forward. That turned out alright. Let the lad develop, we have a player here.

We have a very decent history in the last decade of players struggling for a while, or at least, taking their time to grow before becoming very good for us. See: Vardy, Morgan, Mahrez, Iheanacho, Mendy, Junior Lewis, Ricardo...

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have a very decent history in the last decade of players struggling for a while, or at least, taking their time to grow before becoming very good for us. See: Vardy, Morgan, Mahrez, Iheanacho, Mendy, Junior Lewis, Ricardo...

😂😂😂😂

I thought overall he looked good. Couple of moments but most players do. Would like to see him believe in his ability and pace a little more. He was forced in to bursting past his man yesterday when shaping up initially for a safe pass. 

Best players take more risks and as a rookie it's understandable hes a little raw. But, with the continued coaching and support he could develop in to an excellent player at this level.

I think he is improving this year ,  last year i thought he was promising but not quite EPL standard yet but this year he looks like he is going to make it at the highest level and that s just another example of the great recruitment at our club.  He is standing in for one of the best right backs in the world ,  Pereira was our best player when we were flying last year so its not been easy boots to fill 

Edited by jamfox

24 months from now I expect to hear you wailing and moaning when he gets sold to one of the mega rich clubs for more money than Chilwell. A lot more money. Until then savor and enjoy the energy and skill that he brings to this club. He's 100% on the field.

20 hours ago, majaco said:

Mahrez destroyed Chilwell last season.  I rate Chilwell highly.  Justin did a much better job.  Justin's lack of experience and him being right footed are concerns but he is developing rapidly.  Well done to him.

Chilwell was Left in his todd with no cover..but still put in decent tackles, &  goals,also came from the other side...

4 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Read through the match thread earlier. Can't believe how much carp was written about him in the first half. The lad is learning still, but learning fast. He is such a useful player and in the second half completely nullified Mahrez.

I rewatched the match today, and his first 25 mins was really poor. I don’t criticise him for the first goal, but he gave the ball away a lot, and dived into tackles leaving us exposed. He’s learning on the job, and I’ve patience to allow him to evolve, he has great potential for the future.