Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Cant give him too much stick for the goals, the lads are much bigger than him, if it's in the air he really hasnt got much chance. 

People seem to think he can suddenly "be stronger" than these big cave men, he can't. If it was down to falling asleep or poor positioning then fair play, but it wasnt. They're just bigger and stronger than him. The mistake is letting the crosses come in.

• Like 1

At his age and given the speed in which he has moved through the leagues and been thrown into the prem, he clearly has a lot to learn quickly. This shouldn't be held against him or Rodgers - I don't think either of them would have chosen this scenario, and it'll be fixed once Riccy is back. In the meantime, hopefully he focuses on how to defend the back post as that's clearly a weakness and is something that defenders far smaller than him are better at. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's 22. He's raw.

He was playing Division 3 football a little over a year ago.

He was playing Division 4 football a little over two years ago.

He'll make mistakes - as we saw tonight - but he'll also provide good moments - as we saw tonight.

Vardy took a year to adapt from Div 5 to Championship and a year to adapt from Championship to PL.

Probably an unpopular opinion but let's take a measured view of the lad.

And in truth he wouldn't be a regular starter right now if Ricardo was fit and Castagne played LB.

He's doing alright.

Rubbish. Pretty sure the majority of Leicester fans can see he’s a young kid developing his game and has lots of strengths. But he was poor last night and we’re here on an online forum to discuss all things Leicester city. So, it’s hardly a surprise that his performance will get highlighted. 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Rubbish. Pretty sure the majority of Leicester fans can see he’s a young kid developing his game and has lots of strengths. But he was poor last night and we’re here on an online forum to discuss all things Leicester city. So, it’s hardly a surprise that his performance will get highlighted. 

Baaaah Humbug. Back to Mordor with you. Goblin worshipper!

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Seems to be getting better, moves forward brilliantly... 

His decision making is already better than Chilwell. We are a better team than last season even if we have a right footed left back. Defensively he needs improvement, but he is getting better. Didn't make too many mistakes today!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Michael Dawson did a brilliant piece on him a moment ago. He was brilliant defensively today, some great tackles against Mahrez, let's not forget how good Mahrez is as a player. 

Needs work or maybe just confidence in the attacking phase at times.

I take it you're on about Mahrez here? :D 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s certainly getting better with each game. 

I have to admit, I've been skating him this year so far BUT I will hold my hands up and say that in the second half today, he was excellent. 

Still do not think he is our LB answer. We have conceded four goals in the league and he was at fault for three but as far as today goes, i will admit i was harsh in the match thread. 

6 minutes ago, Keiriel said:

If y'all check out Vardy's second goal, take a look at who managed to draw Ake away, giving Youri all the space he needed to slide the ball in for Timmy.

ezgif-6-b3273af2ef39.gif

Youri knows it's a goal before timmy even crosses it.

JJ needs to work out how to deal with crosses. Some sympathy for him for being bullied by wood against Burnley, but he has to do better for their first goal today. Head it further, wider, or even just with more height so there's time to get out - just don't head it so there's an easy first time shot from the edge of the box..

I think he'll come good, despite what I've said in the match thread. Chilwell cost goals as he developed, the same will happen with JJ. He's already a monster 1 on 1, and going forward. 

Edited by Fktf

7 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Youri knows it's a goal before timmy even crosses it.

JJ needs to work out how to deal with crosses. Some sympathy for him for being bullied by wood against Burnley, but he has to do better for their first goal today. Head it further, wider, or even just with more height so there's time to get out - just don't head it so there's an easy first time shot from the edge of the box..

I think he'll come good, despite what I've said in the match thread. Chilwell cost goals as he developed, the same will happen with JJ. He's already a monster 1 on 1, and going forward. 

If we had a goalie who commanded his box the cross wouldn’t have reached JJ to deal with it 3 yards off his line. I thought  he did as well as he could under the circumstances, his clearing header was decent. Mahrez hit a worldy to score from that. 

• Like 1