Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

Just now, RoboFox said:

I can't for the life of me imagine why Maddison is still taking corners. Is everyone else that bad?

9/10 of his deliveries all season have been woeful.

What i dont get is we have Kevin on the bench who can cross a ball why isnt he having a crack at taking them.

Really poor performance.

All on the managers head for me picked the wrong starting line up and waited too long  to change anything. Should of bought Barnes, Tilelmans and Perez on at half time after the 1st half display.

it was reminiscent of a Puel performance, can’t see how we have any hope of maintaining a top 4 place.

if Ricardo is out until October we have an issue at right back as well. Justin really struggled tonight.

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

I can't for the life of me imagine why Maddison is still taking corners. Is everyone else that bad?

I agree, dont know why youri doesn't take more or Chilly?

3 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

Shocking game shocking ref says it all really. How can vardy score when we aint playing to his strengths. Thought it was a strange call putting mendy in and dare i say but maddison really needs to come off corner duty some of those deliveries today and against watford were pi$$ poor.

Even if they rotate it a bit more to mix it up. Just so depressing having the exact same outcome corner after corner 

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Wouldn't have really mattered if we'd beaten Watford....yet here we are, Man Utd will beat Sheff Utd and our once 14 point gap will be 6.....but apparently top 4 will be a breeze.

And do we have to keep blaming our poor results on bad decisions, we've become such a bunch of whiners, people seem to forget decisions that go in our favour, every team will have decisions go against them, the manager and players have no-one to blame but themselves.

I know what you mean but the whole point of VAR is to reduce bad decisions and yet we have been refused penalties for handball on about half a dozen occasions this season its astonishing, likewise it feels like every time it happens to us in our box the penalty is awarded. Still scratching about though, really poor.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Four clear penalties not given in our last three home matches. De Bruyne handball, Ederson on Iheanacho, Maddison pushed over against Villa and that this evening. 

We had Wilf taken out on the edge of the box tonight in a similar fashion to their penalty. 

• Like 1

Woeful

Can't believe we didn't get a pen at the end but that was bloody awful. 

I didn't like the set up but was prepared to trust in what they did. 

Whatever has happened in the last 3 months, I'm pretty sure Madders hasn't been practicing corners, free kicks and shooting(although I'm not totally blaming him) 

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We didn’t deserve the win and that was an atrocious game but how was that not a penalty? If that were Liverpool or Man City guaranteed penalty. But anyway, no excuses, that were shite me duck. X 

I dont think it was a pen however var/refs have given many that are very similar this season. The inconsistency with handballs for pens is staggering. Dunk clearly didnt deliberately handle the ball. Just like Soyuncu didnt vs liverpool. As you said, the "big teams" get them decisions

• Thanks 1

I am absolutely ****ing fuming with that!

Absolutely useless. We are bottling it and I think we will be lucky to get top 4 now. I can’t see us winning more than 2 games. Our best hope is for Utd to drop a few points and we fall over the line because we are Sh*t!

Mendy should never play for us again , absolute junk. He doesn’t make any intelligent passes, no energy..he’s just ‘there’ . Offers absolutely nothing , we will never get anywhere with him in the team.

Maddison should either be in his position or on the bench , he is useless on the wing.

Gray was fantastic today I think, really did well in awful circumstances, I was disgusted he got brought off just when BR finally got in finger out in a*se and brought on Barnes and Youri.

You could see how good YT and Barnes both were when they came on, absolutely controlled the game and we looked good the last 20 mins, but it was too little too late.

BR needs to sort it out, since he’s got his payrise, he’s lost his focus and his ambition. He has absolute no clue. Terrible starting line up, took to long to change it and very strange to bring Perez on , straight after rather than as a 3 swap. If your going to take him off why wait and kill the flow again 2 mins later? Just stupid all round. I like his personality and man management and that’s why he’s popular but his tactics are very questionable abs he’s cost us the game today.

I will keep repeating myself but the only way we give ourselves a chance to get top 4 is by playing our BEST team.

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chillwell

YT Ndidi

Maddison

Gray Vardy Barnes

That spine has to play. I don’t care about rotating and fitness, I’d rather we lose because they are over tired than by putting a team out that I know pre game has no chance of winning! I’m ****ing sick of it, we are throwing away the best chance we will ever get of top 4!

• Like 1

Too many tippy-tappy passes. Little conviction going forward. Should be seeing them off with all due respect. Can’t for the life of me think why we didn’t play our usual formation. Even with the rotation we have the players for it. Maybe teams have worked out how to play against us. Second half was a lot better but there’s lots to improve on. 

Before tonight, since we beat Villa 4-1 away in December, we’ve been in mid-table form (14th place) 

19 points from 15 games. 

W5 D4 L6

Exactly the same record as Newcastle.

I’d hoped that we’d have a clean break going into this mini season but looks like we are carrying our lack of form into it

Just now, Beechey said:

You say that, but we are sat 3rd.

It has been dire for a little while, but what have we lost since before Christmas? We just seem lethargic on the ball, slow, ponderous and too structured.

Before then, we were zippy, incisive but still good at keeping the ball.

It's just frustrating because we, as fans, know the team can do it.

Take nothing away from what we've done to get 3rd but a big factor in us being 3rd is everyone else has been shit.

I don't even think we're that good at keeping the ball, we get closed down so easily and to become this 'possession based team' some people yern for we need to find space, other teams do it - even then I find the style boring but atleast its effective for them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Four clear penalties not given in our last three home matches. De Bruyne handball, Ederson on Iheanacho, Maddison pushed over against Villa and that this evening. 

You're forgetting Rudiger's blatant handball in the last minute vs Chelsea at home too

• Like 1

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

Even if they rotate it a bit more to mix it up. Just so depressing having the exact same outcome corner after corner 

TBH it just goes to show the lack of depth and quality we have in the squad. Starting 11 is good most games but when we need to use the subs bench who can we bring on thats going to change the game on its head.

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

This. His delivery from corners and free kicks out wide is consistently unproductive. To put it mildly.

I’d love to see the stat showing how many times they actually find a City player’s head rather than one of our opponents. Maybe one in twenty, I’d guess.

I actually want Brendan to show some passion, come out say it was rubbish and they all need to do better including him. He needs to shut all the media gossip down and say no selling of players and not the usual fluffy crap.  That was not a happy team tonight. Kasper was really not happy and we know how that ends up!