Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

I don't have anything new to say but need to let off steam because that was utter ****ing shite. Maddison can do one to utd if he's gonna try and sabotage us and has anyone told our wingers they can take a man on, or our midfielders that they can pass forward.

Shit shit shit shit. Useless shit. Joke.

We seemed to pick up second half. Definitely has the feel of pre-season fixtures atm. I am sure we will start to look sharper as match fitness returns. Hopefully the other teams around us drop points and we can strike off another game. Odd times, but the FA cup game may well help us gain a bit of match sharpness and hopefully give us a bit of an advantage in the long run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It’s one thing not winning that game, it’s another thing playing poorly.

It’s another thing altogether not having a single shot on target at home to a relegation struggling side.

I’m surprised people aren’t more alarmed by how poor we are. 

It's not so much even the lack of shots on target but the lack of any quality passages of play, too. That move for Vardy's goal at Selhurst seems an absolute world away now - we look so clumsy, basic stuff just isn't coming off and doesn't seem to have been for months. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What on earth are you talking about? 

I have to question your sanity, along with Brendan’s given the defensive starting line up, along with the player's desire to play in the Champions League.

Do any of these ****ers want it? 

lollollollollol

At least that gave me a laugh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's not just that Mason doesn't give the handball, the fact that it isn't even checked by VAR is totally astonishing. 

I think it was checked. He was falling as it happened, but all the same we've seen them given.

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Problem is we haven’t got a Mahrez player anymore. We are too predictable, lack tempo (and tempo changes) and are too happy to shuffle the ball backwards. And 2 holding midfielders? WTAF???

With Mahrez we finished 12th

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Let's be honest, our season has built on one run of form, we have been shite away from that. 

So easy to play against at the best of times, even more so when we start like that. If you don't make a mistake we don't score. 

We are not in the 4 best sides in the league, without a doubt. 

Makes the fact that we are in the top four an even greater achievement. Nobody thought we would get into. Need a couple of seriously decent wide players that can help Vardy out next season and the world is our oyster.

• Like 1

could you picture a team giving less of a **** about the result of a football match? 

I know some fans think we could do more in the stadium but by the looks of it we do about 80% of the work.

**** me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I can accept mistakes. I can accept losing or drawing. What I wont accept is a complete lack of urgency, pride, commitment and just basic football. That was utterly woeful and I will not accept an empty stadium as an excuse or lack of fitness. Brighton wanted it more than we did and they were unlucky they didn't get the 3 points. There is zero point in having 70% possession when you do **** all with it. Vardy may as well retire, he'll be lucky if we create him another chance any time soon. That was utterly dreadful. Not a single meaningful shot on target and not one player was bursting a gut to make a difference. Honking! 

What a load of absolute shit.

3 months of chill and relaxation, butterflies, bees and the birds have been carrying out nature's dance in my back garden in a harmonious equilibrium. The sun shines and a gentle breeze stirs the flowers add their scent delicately fills the air.

180 minutes of city and its all destroyed, the rage is back, the birds hide in the neighbour's garden, the flowers are broke and ther butterflies and bees have gone, danced under my stomping size 10s. And the sun's too ****ing hot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

****ing dire.

We’re so ****ing boring to watch.

Not much has changed since the last bloke got sacked and you know if he was still in charge he’d be getting so much shit chucked at him, nothing has changed.

What is this insistence of ‘possession based football’?!

Our team is about pace, use it! Stop with the passing sideways, slow and laborious buildup, pissing about! Play to and use your strengths instead of trying to be something we’re not!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When has playing 2 holding midfielders at home against poor opposition ever worked! Again today it has to be said BR has to take some criticism for his starting line up and then taking so long to change it. That and also so many players had such a poor game. Madders was awful today, kept losing the ball, his shots were terrible, FK was rubbish. Ndidi also had another poor game. Gray was... Meh... 

• Like 1