Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

Keep playing like that and it’s going to be a slow painful summer as we gradually slide out of the FA Cup and Champions League places.

Worst performers today were 1) Rodgers (wtf, Brendan?), 2) Maddison (weak and pathetic, always moaning after being outmuscled off the ball), 3) Gray (only ever plays well as a sub), 4) Vardy (that horrible attempt to run at and beat the defender was seriously worrying) and 5) Justin (championship level).

oh and as for the ref...

Edited by Hammo

Absolute horse-pooh performance. Lamptey’s pace intimidated every one of our players that went up against him. Nobody fancied taking him on. Total lack of desire, confidence and urgency across the board. I’m battoning down the hatches as I type, but Justin was a liability. Shaky, got rid of the ball at the earliest moment without ever threatening anything and looks a long way short..... not just in comparison to Ricky, but of the PL level, full stop. We string aimless passes across our back line that are tedious and don’t draw the oppo  out of position. A complete rethink needed. If Bennett is fit, I’d go three at back to allow Albrighton to replace Justin. Only positives I could see were Kasper’s save and Mendy’s overall performance. I thought he looked fit and ‘bothered’. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Rodgers cost us that game. Puel would have been hammered for that 

What on earth was that formation first half?

Possibly the worst game I've seen Maddison for us. Vardy was anonymous again. Thank god the fans didn't have to endure that live in the stadium

Bravo. So true. Any other manager would have been slaughtered. Since Christmas BR tactics  have been awful. Terrible substitutions and very strange formations. He still thinks he's coaching in Scotland

• Like 2

Should've changed the oil in my car. Should've put the new starter in the truck. Should've gone to the grocery store. Yet here we are. 0-0 after stealing a point from the penalty save. I can't understate enough what our league position is and how we are unable to play like it. 2 points from our 2 easiest fixtures on the run in with very little attacking onus to show from it. Champions League qualification is supposed to be in our own hands yet we show that we're unwilling to fight for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We're comfortably 3rd after 31 games yet we're not one of the 4 best sides in the league?

Get a grip, **** sake.

I think we exceeded expectations in the first half of the season. That doesn't mean we should now accept honking performances like that. At the start of the season we would have been delighted with top 6. At xmas we would be livid with anything less than top 3 given we were miles ahead. We will be very lucky to get top 3 given our last 2 performances and many of the other performances since xmas. We have been dreadful for a while apart from the odd game 

Dreadful. I hope Brendan doesn't come out with the "we were the dominant team" pish that we got after Watford as I'd start to worry about his perception of reality.

We're so dependent on player hot streaks

Vardy had a run and we got the results and similar with Barnes before the break. When the team are all playing OK we're not threatening in the slightest. 

Brendan looked beyond stressed watching that so why the hell wait 70 minutes to bring on a sub? Chuck all 5 on for god sake! No one seemed willing to take the charge and run at them.

To me that was not a happy team tonight, the look on some of their faces. Did they not agree with the tactics?

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

The problem is that there is no plan B. Our team is built for Vardy. They play their tactics to suit him. Now if he has an off game or it doesn't work we don't know what else to do. Teams know that if you nullify Vardy, Leicester will struggle. 

• Like 1

We're running out of time - and points - quickly. 

TBH, I'm now fully beginning to prepare myself for the crushing despondency that a failure to qualify for the CL will bring.

We've been absolutely f**king beyond minging since Christmas. I'd hoped that the break would stop the rot and refresh the players and the approach, but it seems to have gotten even worse, if anything. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

I think BR acknowledged that we have lost some of our sparkle and decided to set out not to lose. It seems that the players had the same thought. we set up and then played as if we are scared and desperately trying to hold onto what we have, rather than going after what is a poor team. No urgency

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

On that handball, if I was one of our players I’d have picked the ball up and physically carried the ref to the screen. It’s a goalbound header FFS

Four clear penalties not given in our last three home matches. De Bruyne handball, Ederson on Iheanacho, Maddison pushed over against Villa and that this evening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

We're running out of time - and points - quickly. Lose to Chelsea and we're in big trouble.

TBH, I'm now fully beginning to prepare myself for the crushing despondency that a failure to qualify for the CL will bring.

We've been absolutely f**king beyond minging since Christmas. I'd hoped that the break would stop the rot and refresh the players and the approach, but it seems to have gotten even worse, if anything. 

Chelsea is in the FA cup. 

• Thanks 1