Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

Looking at our remaining fixtures lucky if we finish top 4. Out of the current top 6 I would honestly say we have the toughest run in. For those who think top 5 will still be good enough. Don't underestimate Manure City winning their appeal. UEFA and FA would prefer having our so-called big 5 in the Champions League than Leicester.

Positives?

- we somehow avoided losing

- the hype about JJ might be over? Give the lad a chance, he’s nowhere near as good as the teens on here make out, and wouldn’t have played had Amartey been fit. He’ll be good, but he’s not great now

- er, no injuries 

Hugely disappointing, that was a must win game

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I can accept mistakes. I can accept losing or drawing. What I wont accept is a complete lack of urgency, pride, commitment and just basic football. That was utterly woeful and I will not accept an empty stadium as an excuse or lack of fitness. Brighton wanted it more than we did and they were unlucky they didn't get the 3 points. There is zero point in having 70% possession when you do **** all with it. Vardy may as well retire, he'll be lucky if we create him another chance any time soon. That was utterly dreadful. Not a single meaningful shot on target and not one player was bursting a gut to make a difference. Honking! 

We have no metal. We are toothless.

I actually think we are quite easy to set up against. A defensively organised team seem to have very little trouble preventing us from creating anything.

The whole team looked rusty tonight. Too many players unable to accurately pass the ball 15-20 yards.  If by some miracle we do have to play in the CL, if we play like that we'll get murdered.

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Explain this.

Brighton player handballs the ball just outside the box, gets fouled and penalty given. 

Brighton defender arm in un natural position and no penalty give? Horse shit of the ****ing highest order  

I think the deflection off vardys head means that there is only a yard between his touch and the arm contact.  For some reason he has turned his back which means his arm swings around in what looks like a natural counter movement ......but it may not have been. However, with your back turned you don’t try and stop the ball with your hand as it could easily deflect off it and into the goal 

I think the law states that a deflection of the ball just ahead of contact with the arm makes a handball decision  unlikely 

• Like 1