Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Why can’t Chilwell & Barnes play together (save away to Southampton)? I don’t get it but their interplay is just terrible 

They were both very good at home vs Chelsea too but it does seem to be a troubled partnership. Neither seem to be able to create space for the other.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the deflection off vardys head means that there is only a yard between his touch and the arm contact.  For some reason he has turned his back which means his arm swings around in what looks like a natural counter movement ......but it may not have been. However, with your back turned you don’t try and stop the ball with your hand as it could easily deflect off it and into the goal 

I think the law states that a deflection of the ball just ahead of contact with the arm makes a handball decision  unlikely 

Without this sounding funny. 

Its the same as the Liverpool game then with Van Dijk flicking on? Cags handballing.. that got given. 

No bastard consistency in this country. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Take nothing away from what we've done to get 3rd but a big factor in us being 3rd is everyone else has been shit.

I don't even think we're that good at keeping the ball, we get closed down so easily and to become this 'possession based team' some people yern for we need to find space, other teams do it - even then I find the style boring but atleast its effective for them.

Yeah it does often seem possession with no conviction to actually do anything.

Like, don't get me wrong, I get the point that we need to keep the ball to not concede chances, but we should be doing something with that possession.

I'll maintain that our main areas with issues are a winger and striker. Both positions currently just don't seem the right mould of player for this style of play.

I can't pretend to know what the solution is, but I hope they find it.

Edited by Beechey

Just now, matty98 said:

We need to go back to trying to win the ball higher up the pitch then get the ball moving quickly.

Every time we win the ball we seem to play it back and let the opposition get into position which is pointless.

Yep. 

When we play deep sitting teams we have to play one of Youri or Praet as they have the ability to break the lines with passing and we also badly need Perez whose movement creates space

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Vardy looked like he did when he played for England and under Puel.

I can't blame him when he gets no service in this shite style of football.

People were quick to say we'd been found out in our old style, but we've been persisting with this shite new style, in transition for nearly 4 years now, how much longer are we going to give it without even a slight glimmer or improvement - if anything it gets worse.

What the actual **** are you talking about. 

Lets go back to putting 11 men behind the ball and booting it over the top for Vardy to chase shall we 

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Without this sounding funny. 

Its the same as the Liverpool game then with Van Dijk flicking on? Cags handballing.. that got given. 

No bastard consistency in this country. 

There is consistency. The ‘big clubs’ get those decisions. The riff-raff don’t.

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Mendy should never play for us again , absolute junk. He doesn’t make any intelligent passes, no energy..he’s just ‘there’ . Offers absolutely nothing , we will never get anywhere with him in the team.

I've been saying this since he arrived, absolutely rubbish signing. Offers nothing positive whatsoever. 

Just now, TJB-fox said:

What the actual **** are you talking about. 

Lets go back to putting 11 men behind the ball and booting it over the top for Vardy to chase shall we 

Don't think we ever played like that tbf.

Dreadful. And along with that performance go any hopes of a top four finish.

The excuses of long lay offs are feeble ones, every team is in the same boat. The downturn in form is not a result of the break, we’ve been in poor form for months, similar to that dreadful run we endured under Pearson in the Watford play off season. Whatever spark was present during the eight game winning streak is gone. The speed of play, the counter attacking ability, the confidence all of it gone. We’ve gone from being one of the deadliest teams in the league to one of the tamest. 

That performance was dire, I can understand the rotation of players, but surely is Praet is fit enough to be on the bench, he is fit enough to start? Mendy and N’didi do not work together, individually they may not have had bad games, but as a pair they don’t work. Maddison I’m not sure where he was playing, and Kalechi was just running around like a headless chicken. The play was so painfully obvious, backwards sideways smash it up to Vardy, and then repeat. 

Whatever happened in those 8 games we simply HAVE to find again. You can’t spend all of this time in the top four to just throw it away, because we will do. We’ve had an absolutely golden opportunity to get six points from these two games, both sides are involved in a relegation fight, we should absolutely be beating them. 

Our run in is arguably against better teams bar Bournemouth (and we are usually poor against them). Play like this and we will limp to the finish line.

We have two horrible names to finish on, and in the current predicament we won’t be able to beat Spurs or United. It is absolutely vital we beat Everton, otherwise that will be it, mathematically maybe not, but realistically yes.  

It’s a terrible shame how things are unfolding, but I just can’t see how this form will turn, we don’t have enough individual talent to rely on to drag us over the finish line, we must do it collectively, and so far there is no evidence we are a cohesive unit anymore. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Thanks 2

I can take shite performances every now and again but no matter how the opposition set up absolutely nothing should stop us playing with the same intensity we used to..... Somebody has to answer that question why? 

We have been dreadful to watch for far to long, lockdown or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

I've been saying this since he arrived, absolutely rubbish signing. Offers nothing positive whatsoever. 

Strange decision that Brendan chose Mendy over Hamza if he really needed to play two *defensive* midfield players. 

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

Ditto. I’ve known it for so long. He try’s hard but he has absolutely no skill unfortunately.

He can’t tackle really, he can’t win anything in the air, he don’t intercept. He’s an awful version of Ndidi.

So if he doesn’t get in over Ndidi he can’t play.

Reason being, he has no attributes that can help us attack, he has no energy or strength to box to box it. He’s got no vision, he can’t make a single pass that my mum couldn’t also do. He’s just ‘there’. It’s painful.

I never want to see him in a LCFC shirt ever again. Absolutely hopeless.

Poor set up in the first half and we could not have had any complaints had we been behind at the interval. Maupay's pen was poor but fair play to Kasper too. 

Second half was better especially once we made changes but still too lateral and slow. 

Should have been a penalty at the end. No doubt. Poor. 

Disappointed we didn't get all 3 but didn't really deserve them. Think all sides, Man city apart, are struggling after the long break. Could be a useful point yet. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1